FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSCORE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCORE!!!
    Posted: 14 April 2007 at 8:41pm
Was at a friends place today. She is moving to Oz in 3 weeks Anyhow, Charli did an exploder and I didn't, for once, have any spares, so she grabs me a cloth. One of the delish terry towling ones I couldn't find for love or money before Jake was born (I hadn't found trade me then) Anyhow, I mentioned that I was thinking about going back to cloth all the time, well daytime, once charlys poos firm up a bit as my flats aren't the fluffy jobbies, and she offered me her nappies. All 4 dozen of them!!!! She has had 5 kids and these nappies are like NEW!!!! Talk about score.

Just need to get me some covers now, and a snappi, as I hate pins. I just use bummis on Jake and no pin. Could I do the same on Charly? What other kinds of covers could I use?

HELP!!!!!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 8:54am
Go Annie! Good score!

I'm not sure if the snappis work on terry towelling, gandt will know coz she uses them all the time. I used flats and pins with wraps for the first few weeks with the gremlins and they were very good at containing all the messes.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 10:10am
Congrats on the major score-age!!!!!

Aren't up to the stage of using nappies, sorry can't help!!
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 3:17pm
Yep, snappis should work as far as I am aware.
And covers, bummis should be great. Do you have wraps or whisper pants? Wraps should hold it all in a bit firmer... but I guess you have the larger size?

I'll get you a cute one! (See... nappy buying withdrawl!)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 5:29pm
because charlotte is so little you could get away with a pinless fold and cheap covers from farmers. its when they start to move that you need better covers. mooneze are great covers but only sold on TM now, as are designer bums. with all those nappies you could also get pockets - which can double as covers - cause they would make great inserts. nix kidz also do covers for smaller babies and they are really cute, but very narrow thru the crotch.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 5:31pm
oh and not sure about the snappi cause i dont think it would have enough for it to grip on to without making holes in the nappies. they go great on cotton prefolds tho.

Edited by gandt
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 7:44pm
I've got Bravo wraps that I got from Babyonline for about $10 each and they are brilliant.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by gandt gandt wrote:

because charlotte is so little you could get away with a pinless fold and cheap covers from farmers. its when they start to move that you need better covers. mooneze are great covers but only sold on TM now, as are designer bums. with all those nappies you could also get pockets - which can double as covers - cause they would make great inserts. nix kidz also do covers for smaller babies and they are really cute, but very narrow thru the crotch.

Am doing pinless atm, have got some Nix Kidz that are a wee bit big, and bummies whisper wraps that are too big atm that I use for Jake. Have just won a small bummis off tm, and bought some cheapo covers from the red shed today to get us started. it is kinda sick that I am excited about washing... Don't get me wrong, I love it with Jake, cos his mess is more solid, lol, so no real scrubbing required!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 8:24pm
I guess my nix woudl work with Charli, as the terry towling are that much bulkier? Will give it a go. Got a huge packet of newborn ultras to get through first before she grows out of them, and will do sposies at night atm...
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 7:35am
Yay for your score! I am so jealous!

My all time fave wraps are bummis, never had any probs! And I have them in all sizes!

Must say I really would like a cute lil girlie wrap tho, anyone know where I could find a super cute PINK one!?
Anna

Post Reply Post Reply