FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhelp with waking in the night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with waking in the night
    Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:03am
well since haleigh has been in her single bed shes been a wonderful sleeper, but the last 3 nights she has been waking up in absolute agony, she has 4 eye teeth that have jsut started to finally show themselves and 2 molars that i can see trying to push through so Im guessing ehr teething is worse at night, also shes got a little bit of a cold so is coughing a bit at nights.
does anyone have anything they could reocmend we do to help her? im so tired from getting up to ehr and i hate hearing her crying in pain. bonjela hasnt worked since she was 6months old so no use in trying that, but df was thinking of going to the chemist to get something but isnt sure what to get, as we hardly use medicines on haleigh unless perscribed.
Sponsored Links

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:31am
Yep, Weleda Teething Powder, you either put water with it or rub it directly on the gums. It does help. As for waking in the night, Ella had a terrible time with getting her teeth, and there was no solution for us other than to wait it out.

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:31am
oh yeah, you can get the teething powder from the chemist.

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:44am
ok cool might have a look out for some
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 8:50pm
Teethmed spray from your local healh shop.
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 1:21am
teethmed is also at some chemists though I havn't tried it have seen it, Anastasia is the same at the moment 4 molars & 2 eye teeth that I can see. Poor babies, I have given her panadol a couple of nights in desperation which has given her a rested sleep as aposed to very restless, but she is also quite itchy with eczema/algeries at the moment so will probably be to the drs soon. Good luck Monique, you will be needing your sleep at the moment also!!
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 7:10am
well i gave her dimetapp last night as her nose was running and her voice was getting extremly croaky and well she let me sleep til 4am, i was to cosy to get up so i ignored her till 5am
i know what your girls going through my dermatitis is really itchy and i been waking up scratching it, it horrible cause once ya start ya cant stop.

yeah but i guss im jsut getting prepared for when bubs arrives and gives me no sleep
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 7:19am
I found the Weleda teething powder to be magic for Quinn! It worked really well! Def worth a try!

Other than that, unfortunately I second Meows comments about just waiting it out...
Anna

Beanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 6:12pm
Yup Wedela powder is the way to go (my bias opinion!!)
Used it with Arna from the get go and have had no problems with her teething.

Good Luck! Maybe the cold is because she is teething?? (or is that a myth?)
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 8:42pm
not sure she always gets really bad nappy rash usually so she refuses to go without a nappy on when shes teething, but does sometimes get a runny nose when teething unles sit jsut this cold wellignton weather.
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 1:43pm
She hasnt got an ear infection?
What about a night cap of pamol?

Sleep Haleigh, sleep. You wont like your mummy if she is sleepy lol
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 8:32pm
lol nope no ear infection it was the first thing i checked, but none of the signs are there form when she last had them, and her temps normal.
hehe yeah shes realsied i think that mummy doenst liek being tired and mummys ande ogre wehn shes ahd no sleep, so when shes been naughty and I tell ehr off shes quick to come up and say im sorry mum and gives me a hug. that is of course after warning her with time out hehe.
she even ate ehr dinner tonight the whole lot for first time in ages, steak, chips, lettuce, tomato, cucumber (loved cucumber woohoo) so it was a bonus for us
 Post Reply Post Reply