FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsolids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: solids
    Posted: 23 April 2005 at 12:02pm
hey everyone this is proberly a silly question but just wondering when people think you dont need to feed your baby solids anymore?

Rachel & Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

Sponsored Links

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 12:14pm
how do u mean dont need to feed solids any more?? do u mean like pureed type foods like the watties stuff and moving on to family meals??
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 7:56pm
I was just thinking that too.. i think they recommend giving foods with lumps etc from about 8/9 mths.. but still mashed, but baby can have soft finger foods too. from 1 yr-ish they can have family stuff if appropriate. Paris is at the stage where sometimes she has family meals, and sometimes she will have mashed up veges (she likes them that way) with fish fingers, mince, or aria farm meat chips. depends on time and suitability of what we are having ourselves.

if you mean feeding themselves.. you can probably give baby another spoon and let her experiment, but still feed her yourself. we taught paris the concept of "help", and that way if she needs help, or if we are in a hurry, we can "help" feed her without her going bonkers at us.

I think that's covered it.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 10:57am
I usually just cut Maya's meat and veges up. She went thru a stage at about 15 mths of not eating mashed veges, but now she loves mashed potato and she is always asking for it. She has been pretty much eating family meals since about 12 mths, but same as Paris, if I am having chilli or something I give her baked beans on toast or fish fingers.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 8:44am
well ill put it like this i dont give my daughter custard or veges or anything from the supermarket or anything like that she just eats everything that we do.

Rachel & Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 2:18pm
that's fine.. she's getting older and the sooner you start the easier it is.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply