FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedElective CS following Emerg CS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

I can recommend a couple of local OB's if you like Toni.

Yes please!

I've emailed my old MW so just have to wait for her to get back to me.

Shirena, whats the story with the dilema over the General and the back x-ray? Can't you have an Epi? (if too personal just tell me to shut up )
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:30pm
Toni you will have to let me know how you get on.....you can do all the resarch and we can both benefit LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 3:12pm
Cheeky!
That better be damn good cake on Saturday
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 3:19pm

LOL

I might even be extra good and make my special mayo chocolate cake just for you!
(I will post it on the receipe section tomorrow if I remember to bring it to work)

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

Shirena, whats the story with the dilema over the General and the back x-ray? Can't you have an Epi? (if too personal just tell me to shut up )

Naah not personal at all. I have spina bifida occulta. I told them in hospital in SA about that when they booked me in but didnt believe me when they looked at my back as it was a closed back at birth.

Anyway they tried to put the spinal in and it hurted like hell and I actually swore at the guy. He tried 6 times at 2 different places and an hour later they decided that it is impossible without an x-ray to see what they are doing.

Hubby off course was waiting outside totally freaked out thinking something went wrong as he is waiting to be there for the opp. They decided to just knock me out and that they will do that next time around or do an back x-ray before I fall pregnant so they have a better guidance.

Of the whole cesear experience that was the worst. My back is still hurting. So really want to avoid that because next time I might just kick the poor oke.

BTW the guy was great. He never had to do a spinal twice in his life and had done spina bifida patients before. Guess I am special.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:34pm
I think my "Anaest" (I can't spell it so won't even try) guy was the nicest man ever (other than DH of course) was talking me through the whole epi and was holding my hand when my MW was out of the room and the OB was explaining the CS.
I think he realised that I was petrified! I honestly thought I was about to loose my baby
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:15am
Aaah sorry man. I would have lost it if it wasnt for my Gynae. I had tears running down my face of being in so much pain so they decided to try one more time and she was talking to me the whole time while they tried again.

When they said that is it sorry honey we are going to knock you out I was just really relieved.

Hubby came in when I was already under and they apparently took great care of him as well. They did ask me if he was a fainter (yip a big one). They didnt put a screen up as my BP started rising more due to the drama beforehand. But they got a chair for him facing the aneathatist and the guy chatted to him the whole time.

I absolutely loved my team. Hell I wish they can be over here for me.

EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 9:48am
far out your lucky aaron had to leave when i was put under for maddy and so did mum when i had kalem in palmy

Kalem 6!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 10:57am
Wow that is scarey for you to go through. I didn't think they did that anymore.
I was stitched in as my mum had 2 misscarriages before me (1 nearly full term) so as soon as she went into labour they put her under to unstitch her and then woke her up to go through the labour to have me.....the things us women do to have children.
I think to myself sometimes can I really do it again, then my son smiles or giggles and I just melt and think YEAH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 1:29pm
I agree Amy - even after the horrid time I had to get Caitlin, she is so fantastic I WOULD do it all again in a heartbeat.

BUT.... I choose not to have to (if that makes any sense)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:06pm
Amy, my mum had incompetent cervix too. Her babies just kept coming earlier and earlier until with baby bro her waters broke at 27 weeks and she had 12 weeks in hospital flat on her back. After he was born the doctors *suggested* that she maybe shouldn't have any more.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:59pm
My friend has incompetent cervix, in Feb this year she lost her 2nd baby in 7 months. The first was a miracle conception after IVF (21wkr) the other was a TER (17wkr). She is such a lovely girl and so deserves kids!
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123