FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy baby is growing up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My baby is growing up
    Posted: 13 May 2005 at 7:22pm
Angie is turning into a real big girl now. We were at Playcentre today and she got invited to a friends house afterwards on the spur of the moment. My girl who used to be shy and wouldn't have dared go anywhere she haddn't been before without me just said, "okay, where will I sit in the car?"

She wasn't home until after 4 which was very nice but strange. It isn't often that I get Angie free time when I don't have something to do!
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:57pm
It's scary when they surprise you like that. usually when we go to pick up dad after work on fridays and he's sitting around with all the others, paris won't take her bunny from in front of her face, stays behind me, and won't talk or anything. today, just randomly, she must have been in a good mood, cos she was going and getting chippies, and dancing around to the radio. was very kewl to see, but seriously weird.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 10:04am
Its slightly surreal, isn't it, that moment when your little baby becomes an independant person. You feel so proud of how they are growing up, and so sad they don't need you the same anymore, and so relieved they don't need you the same anymore, and slightly guilty for feeling relieved they don't need you the same anymore...

My moment came Kiya's first day of kindy: we got there, I opened the gate, and she took off yelling "Bye, Mummy!" over her shoulder! Definitly crushing to my ego!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
 Post Reply Post Reply