FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo Hope or Not to Hope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Hope or Not to Hope
    Posted: 05 May 2007 at 6:28am
I started bleeding yesterday ended up at the hospital, the scan shows a tiny 5 week old not a 8 week old as I am, the blood tests showed the same.

My midwife same we can not be concluive until we have more blood on Monday to see if the hormone level has fallen although she can see the hormone and scan results are not positive.

It hurts so much I can hardly breathe at the moment , I went to bed crying and woke up at 5 crying, Its seems so unreal, I know baby is dead but theres this slither of hope that maybe the bloods will come back differently on Monday and its all been a big mistake.

I know i'm stupid for doing this to myself and should just face it know but I can't. I rang my mum and she was in tears and I thought I need you to be strong for me but she couldn't.

Should I face it now or hold onto the fact that Monday could change things for the better?
Sponsored Links

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 8:12am
I don't have any experience with this, but I just wanted to say I'm really so sorry you're having to go through this. I can only imagine how hard it is
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 9:24am
I am so sorry honey. I say dont give up hope until you hear otherwise. Prepare youself that it might not be positive news but dont give up hope at all. (if you pray then pray if you chant then chant.)

I have several friends that this same thing happened too and it came down too the ovulated a bit late and actually concieved later than they thought. (sperm can stay in the body for quite a long time so even if you didnt have sex for a few days conception can take place.)

I really hope you get some postive news back on Monday.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 9:36am
theres nothing wrong with holding on to the hope ... so long as you prepare yourself for both possible outcomes as much as you can thats all you can do.
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 11:19am
Sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 11:40am
Sending you the biggest hugs Emma I'm sorry that things are not looking good. I can still remember the agony of waiting and hoping, and I'm sorry that you have to go thru that too. I will be keeping you and your wee bub in my prayers over the weekend, and hoping that things look up for you on Monday, but you know whatever the results are we are all here for you.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 12:14pm
I was the same, but we had no bleeding beforehand to tell us things were wrong, just went to see our baby on the scan to find no heartbeat... and waited a week hoping it was just a fluke cos our baby was the right size, and well formed and all that. however, in that week i just really lost all hope. Sometimes i think you just know and the first thing you do with this sort of thing is think .. "maybe, hopefully, what if?", feel sad, cry and grieve if you want to - holding out all hope sometimes isn't the best idea. If everything looks up on monday then what a great great surprise that will be for you.

are you certain of your dates? completely and utterly? cos there's always room for error with that sort of thing.

will be thinking of you over the weekend.
hugs to you
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 4:55pm
Thanks ladies, today has been the longest day ever can't believe I have tomorrow to go through too.

Its been slowly sinking in today trying to prepare myself, the bleeding has got heavier and heavier so I know I just don't want to know.

Still hoping though I must be crazy just my way of coping I think until I get the news in black and white
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 6:44pm
big hugs last year when i had a MC i was ever so hopeful the whole way through until i got the very last bloods saying that they were back to 0, i guess i hoped that they would maraculously have risen up and the heavy bleeding meant nothing. It totally sucks!!! and i hope you start to feel a little better as time goes on.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 7:47pm
More hugs I was exactly the same. I started cramping and bleeding really heavily so I *knew* it was over, but at the same time....
Thinking of you and your wee one.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 9:02am
big hugs
I remember being told i had to wait a week for another scan but i rang and go the hcg blood results the next day and it had started going down and I wish I hadnt of found that out because i still had almost a week till my next scan but I still held on to the possibility that one baby might have survived.
Its such a horrible waiting game isnt it. Will be thinking of you!
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 9:10am
Feeling a little more "with it" today, no crazy non stop crying, had bleeding and cramping all night so I'm 100% positive but its starting to be bearable , if you get me, think I can handle this. It helps when I have an active one year old wanting cuddles.

Just scared about the next step now, as I haven't passed any "clots" just blood. Kind of want it all finished pysically which will help me "move on", what can I expect, I don't really feel up to ringing midwife back today would be good to hear what she might say so I can be prepared and not started blubbing on her again
 Post Reply Post Reply