FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhich brand of nappy (cloth)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which brand of nappy (cloth)
    Posted: 10 May 2007 at 12:37pm
ok I really want to start using cloth even tho hubby doesnt want to! so i was just thinking of using them in the day But I don't know which brand i should use because they all look good. and what size do you think jorja would fit into she 7.5pounds?

Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:00pm
Isla was in small fuzzi's at 5 weeks, but they were pretty bulky at that age,and she still fits the same size now. Next time I would use something else at the beginning. The tweedles are cheaper, made in NZ and the small is smaller then a small fuzzi, and they also make a new born size. They also have a variety of different inserts including ones with hemp, which holds more liquid that the mirofibre inserts. You also get to choose you own colour combo's! Cant wait to see pics of Jorja in her new cloth naps!

Edited by Kellz
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:09pm
I havnt used my MCNs yet but have stocked up on Tweedles and now baby harmony the tweedles are awsome!!! well made and lovely service (and apparently work really good) they only start at small but apparently its 4kgs up etc. Iv bought NB baby harmony too which will better fit my boy right at the start and you really cant go wrong when you get to choose your own PUL colour, microfleece colour, snaps or velcro, types/colours of snaps, appliques and sparkley doodakeys VERY COOL!!!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:11pm
hehe I've already pointed her to the tweedle website
mum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:36pm
Tehehe after talking to Stacey i have brought 2 pea pods and 2 tweedles

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:50pm
I'm just wondering what your DH has against MCN? If you don't mind saying...... we may be able to help with that (no promises!).

Krystiana fitted small Fuzzis from 3wks but outgrew them at 3mos. She's in mediums and Briona can still fit this size. IMO the smalls are not necessarily great value unless you're having another baby or reselling - my figures told me I was going to spend the same with MCN or sposies. But once a bub is in medium they fit them for so much longer and it works out a lot better.
mum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:57pm
Teresa i think he has this idea of the old fashioned nappies, or that there will be pooie nanpies everywhere. LOL

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 3:31pm
That was my DH as well till I brought home a couple from Stacey, soon changed his mind . Then he saw how easy it was to put on and he was almost sold. The money thing now is the issue (to buy a set).
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 3:48pm
Some has My DP I come home with some fuzzi's when I first got some and he says "I thought you were meaning the ones we had to fold at ante natal classes," but he likes these ones. Think he thought I was going to get him to help me fold nappies or something.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 4:58pm
i think you need to look at what type of MCN, then what brand...

your main types are:

fitteds
Prefolds
All in ones
pockets

i think too that weight isnt the only issue when it comes to fit, unlike disposables. not all babies seem to fit or suit the same types of nappies. for instance emma and i both use a med ecobubs pocket. emma for the twins and me for my nearly 2 yr old. big age difference and size diff there.   
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:39am
DF used to be against cloth nappies to, until Nikki came over for a nappy demo and left a mommys touch at our place for me to show him, he thought it was sooo nice he wished we ahd the money there and then to buy lots (he wanted to go nuts and buy 20 or more lol).
He also spotted the peapods in babyfactory and was like oo these are cool hun shall we get some of these. So I will def get to get some MCN when we can afford them so easily converted hehe, so when I said old fashioned clothes for first few months he wasnt trying to talk me out of it like with Haleigh, he refused cloth nappies with Haleigh
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 8:49am
Smaller babies fit small FBs longer so they "should" save you money on sposies (even if it does work out equal, think of the environmental savings! *greeny rant over* )

If she's only 7.5lbs then she should be in a small FB for at least 6mths. Caitlin was 9.7lbs and still fitted her smalls at 6 months

I personally think that the mediums are the best size as they last the longest (like with Krystiana and Briona both fitting the same naps )
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 8:53am
Mmm my hubby wasn't thrilled at the idea of cloth nappis so the hire kit was great for trying them out and getting him used to them before investing in our own.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:55am
charli is just outgrowing her sml fuzzi's now at 7mths. she still fits them, but the next size up is better.
the peapods are large sizing i think so they maybe abit big for jorja at the moment.. but they are great nappies. i've just noticed on TM there's a new bamboo peapod in lime green....i may have to get one

Post Reply Post Reply