FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedrecipe 4 sausages needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: recipe 4 sausages needed
    Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:38am
was going to make devilled sausages but dont have all the ingredients

so what else can i do

Sponsored Links

ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:42am
i'll be interested to read the replies for this one as i have a whole heap of sausages in the freezer that need using.

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:55am
i was just thinking i might make a recipe i made up one night.

cook the sausages and cut into bite size pieces
boil some potatoes and cut into bite size pieces (easier if cut inot pieces before boiling

1 onion chopped
gravy (either use gravy from a roast, or packet gravy any flavour works just as well)

put everything in an oven proof dish and bake until hot

we put this on toast with cheese on top...

can make this recipe with kumera instead and put on mashed pototoes...and have also added veges to this recipe and its just great

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 12:00pm
My mum boils up sausys, cuts them into bite sized pieces and mixes her homemade tomato relish (I am sure you could use some bought stuff but I would probably thin it down a bit), puts it all in a cassarole dish and covers it with mashed spud and cheese - bake in oven and hey presto - easy peasy sausy cassarole .
Oh and its really yummy!!!!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 1:24pm
I love the diversity you can do with sausages! My favourite way to have them is precooked, sliced in half lengthwise, placed in an oven dish cut side (insides) up, spread on tomato sauce or relish and cover with grated cheese. Serve with lots of mashed spud!

Or chop them into thirds, add about half of that quantity of chopped carrots, gravy/soup sachet or a bit of flour and stock, half-fill with water, and you have a yummy casserole.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 1:55pm
I can't eat sossies anymore due to gallstones, but I love the real beef ones. My favourite was to oven bake sossies, lightly fry off some onions and mushrooms, chopped thickly, when the onion is just turning transperant, add them to some gravy that you have got on the stove heating through (I use bisto, as you can make a nice thick one) and serve over baked sossies with creamy mashed spud and veg of choice... mmmmhmmm
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 2:19pm
Mum used to make this yummy dish, she would put sausages into a caserole dish cover in milk (strange I know) then sliced cooked potatoes layered over that, then a layer of cheese and then bake them. I think she used pre cooks and would bake for half an hour, it used to be so yummy.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 2:20pm
ive had my gallbladder out...hence i can eat sauages..

but all i did for tonight is cook the sausages...boil some potatoes...make some gravy

put sausages,gravy and cauli,brocolli and carrots in a cassorole dish...topped with mashed pototes and cheese and in the oven for 20mins to brown and cook the vegs

and will just reheat when we want to eat tonight

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 5:02pm
I love the different flavoured sausages you can get now.

My favs are venison and I really like the chilli and lime ones (not for the kiddies).

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 8:10pm
my fave thing to do with sausages is mini roasts - so easy cause everything just goes in the roasting dish. i just pour some oil and some moroccan seasoning on and leave them go...
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by gandt gandt wrote:

my fave thing to do with sausages is mini roasts - so easy cause everything just goes in the roasting dish. i just pour some oil and some moroccan seasoning on and leave them go...

mmmmmm hhhhhmmmmmm. I love love love sossies, but will not be eating them after gallbladder comes out either.

Hey, Kaz, can I pm you some Q's about the gall bladder thing please?
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 10:46pm
sausages never upset my gall stones at all... i didnt stop eating them either before or after...the only food that affected mine was pizza.
ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 7:27am

oooh that sounds interesting. do you really just do it the same as a roast? or do you put the sausages in when the veges are half cooked? don't the sausages get a bit dry?
mmmmmm, i wanna try it.

emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 7:52am
Sausage and bean casserole......

Saute a sliced onion (or 2) until clear - place in casserole dish. Brown sausages. Add to casserole dish. Cover sausages and onions with a tin of normal baked beans and a tin of Watties 'Bean There' flavoured beans (I like Moroccan). Fill one of the empty tins with water and add to the dish. Bake at 170` for a couple of hours - stirring once or twice. Makes a surprisingly yummy sausage and bean dish. You could possibly also do this in a slow cooker.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 8:12am
Originally posted by ellabellame ellabellame wrote:

oooh that sounds interesting. do you really just do it the same as a roast? or do you put the sausages in when the veges are half cooked? don't the sausages get a bit dry?
mmmmmm, i wanna try it.

no nothing gets dry and i just chuck it all in together. if i havent preheated the oven it takes an hour all up. i have one of those dutch ovens and keep the lid on for half the time then take off for the last half.
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 8:11pm
Last weeks thats life mag had a whole heap of recipes for sausages.
My personally fav is sausages thrown into a oven dish, with onions & veges etc with gravy poured over then cooked YUMMM
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 8:22pm
Tonight I baked the sausies in the oven then cut into bite sized pieces then put them into an open dish, covered them with home-made gravy. I then put on some stewed apple and put a layer of mashed kumara over the top, then grated cheese and browned it under the grill. Served with peas - yum!!!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by emeldee emeldee wrote:

Sausage and bean casserole......

Saute a sliced onion (or 2) until clear - place in casserole dish. Brown sausages. Add to casserole dish. Cover sausages and onions with a tin of normal baked beans and a tin of Watties 'Bean There' flavoured beans (I like Moroccan). Fill one of the empty tins with water and add to the dish. Bake at 170` for a couple of hours - stirring once or twice. Makes a surprisingly yummy sausage and bean dish. You could possibly also do this in a slow cooker.

mmmm i like the sound of that one... might have to try that one night...

i have sausages for dinner tonight - was just going to roast or fry them but think i might do something different now.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by busymum busymum wrote:

My favourite way to have them is precooked, sliced in half lengthwise, placed in an oven dish cut side (insides) up, spread on tomato sauce or relish and cover with grated cheese. Serve with lots of mashed spud!

i did this tonight and it was a winner!!! gabriel actually ate a whole half sausage...so will be doing that one again.
 Post Reply Post Reply