FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRemembering my Angels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poobubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poobubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering my Angels
    Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:26am
My Husband and our daughter have had the joy of welcoming two little girls into our lives over the last two years.We also have sadly had that joy crushed when not once but twice we stood and watched our precious babies being lowered to their resting places.
Our First in 2005, passed away at 19 hours 34 minutes old after being born at 31 weeks. Strep Oralis causing overwhelming Sepsis had taken over and very quickly took this lil life away from us.
In 2006 we had another lil girl born at 25 weeks, She fought through so many odds and came home with us after 3 months in the NICU, Sadly our dreams and hopes were short lived there aswell as things started going wrong with her breathing and at 9 days short of 6 months our lil girl passed away in my arms. SIDS awaiting results of LQTS the culprit.
The support after our first was hard to find but a lovely group of ladies hekped me through.
After Our second that same group of ladies have helped me through but the support for SIDS is very hard to get.
But through a few websites I have found enough to carry me on. To any one who has been there and is living this nightmare I would love to chat, cause I know I am not alone, It is just finding others who are willing to talk back.
Remember...
Sponsored Links

ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:49am
i've never lost a baby so i can't imagine what you must be feeling but i just wanted to say that your story brought a lump to my throat.
it's wonderful that you're able to talk about and remember your precious angels.

Edited by ellabellame

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 12:15pm
Hi Lisa, you might not remember me from our Due in August thread on another forum. I just wanted you to know that I still think of you and your family often and send a little prayer your way whenever I do.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 12:39pm
Hi Honey    Nice to see you here (not on this particular board though IYKWIM) Hope you are keeping well, it was lovely seeing you the other week xx
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 1:10pm
Oh my gosh hun I am also from the other fourm as well i did not know about yiur second I am so sorry to hear I have tear's in my eyes jsut reading your post's. 
Deborah Mum to:

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:56pm

I lost my daughter at 31 weeks 11 years ago this month
carley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:00pm
Hi Lisa, could you please put a link on here for your two girls websites as I think that some of these lovely ladies on here would love to see them?

But anyway, how are things going with you?

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 2:54pm
Oh Lisa, that's the most beautiful and moving tribute to your two angels.  Welcome to OhBaby by the way. 
Andie
poobubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poobubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 2:48pm
Sorry that it has taken me a while to reply, So much happening at the moment.
Hello to you two other thread peoples!
KH25, Hello lovely. It was good to see you the other week too. Lil Miss has gotten so big! It was really hard catching up with you all and seeing just what Laine should be like, But I am really glad that you guys made it and I am glad that I put myself in that position aswell. Like I said just after Laines passing, I still wanted to stay in touch and watch these kiddies grow. Just sucks that is all.

Kiwigal, Big huggles!

And my girls websites as asked for,
www.edensanangel.memory-of.com
www.lainesanangel.memory-of.com
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 10:33am
poobubble thanks
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 3:31pm
Hey poobubble ...I can't begin to understand the depths of strength you've had to try and find to cope with your losses. I doubt that your heart will ever be in one piece again

It's not much, but I have followed Tertia's blog for a few years, and she lost her son Ben, 9 days after he was born at 26 weeks. I know that if you reached out to her, needed to talk to someone who knows what you've been through, she'd reach back.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 3:44pm
Oh dear ...dopey Ginger ...

The link to Ben's story is on the right hand side of her blog under 'Baby Ben'.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:04pm
My goodness you must be such an amazingly strong woman. Your story really touched my heart. I hate the fact that anyone should have to endure so much pain once let alone twice.

Your angels are beautiful. Thinking of you and your family
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:14pm
Wow I had a look at your babies websites and they made me cry what you went through not once but twice. Your girls are so beautiful.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
poobubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poobubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:32pm
Thank you everyone for your lovely words.

Ginger, I had a look at Bens site and had a lil cry to myself and my computer which thankfully supports a large box of tissues at most times.

I am not really a strong person, I crumble more than I care to count, But the options aren't big and so I just keep going. I cry most days or nights and still visit my girls grave almost daily. I have stupid thoughts about if they are ok during storms and out in the cold. To say I am strong would be a misuse of words,Just doing it the best I can...
Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:35pm
Me too - I bawled my eyes out reading your wee angel's stories. Big, enormous hugs to you and your family, I can only begin to imagine what losing not one, but two babies must be like. You must be an amazing strong woman to be able to pick yourself up after what you've been through.

Welcome to Oh Baby. We are a nice bunch here, and I hope you will feel welcome and comfortable sharing your stories with us
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 9:19am
Hey Lisa,
Big hugs hunny, I am from another forum too and often think of you , recently viewed your blogs and and lots of tears for you gorgeous girls. Welcome to oh baby.
huggles nicola
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 10:29am
Sending you lots of love and hugs Lisa.
Your girl's pages are so beautifully written, I was sobbing reading about them and looking at their gorgeous pictures.
Thinking of you, and hoping you're having a good day xxx
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 4:48pm
I have looked at your beautiful websites of your gorgeous babies - I am sitting here at the PC with tears in my eyes. You are so strong to be able to tell your stories. BIG HUGS to you.

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
 Post Reply Post Reply