FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhomemade gifts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: homemade gifts
    Posted: 19 May 2007 at 8:52pm
am running out of ideas for gifts the kids can give the copious grandparents, godparents, aunts and uncles that they seem to have collected. thought we could have a thread for ideas what the kids can make - preferably cheap and easy

so far we have done:
canvases - I paint the background and Jake paints the details (worked really well)
pen holders - got old cans (I have a flash can opener that leaves no sharp edges), painted again and Taine drew on them with felts
plates - i painted a flower on the paint and kids put their handprints (ceramic paint from spotlight)
this xmas I am lamintating their pictures to use as placemats sets.

any other ideas, besides photos?

Oh, and we make cds of the kids "singing" happy birthday to whoever it is celebrating the birthday. my nephew (5) loved this.
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 8:55am
photo frames, boxes for stuff (can get blank ones from spotlight and paint them up), calendars (laminate a kids drawing or pic), pressed flowers for the ladies.
tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:17am
hand made jewellery for the ladies??i am not good at the home made gifts thingy, i just usually take tash to the warehouse and let her grab something...doesnt always work cos she chooses something she wants we we normally end up with it or i have to buy two.
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 11:58am
I've got pressies for the grandparents for the next 60 or so years with the amount of original "art" that Han churns out at creche!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 8:27pm
Check your computer for windows movie maker, under accessories then entertainment or the other way around. You can make htese awsoe montage thngs with music and the lt, wee movies of your photos. TOTALLY addictive, and really cool ,and so cheap!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 9:35pm
done that to death too annie!

oh, had another idea ofd something we did - got old cds and glued photos to one side, and felt to the other, polyurathaned and bingo - coasters
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:38pm
Wow  Liz will have to pick your brain closer to christmas you have some great Idea's
Deborah Mum to:

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 7:22am
all happily ripped off magazines and other people! good morning have some good craft ideas that can be adapted for the "smaller hands"
 Post Reply Post Reply