FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExercise after CS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exercise after CS?
    Posted: 21 May 2007 at 9:31am
I was just wondering what you ladies were doing for exercise?

I put on 15kg AFTER I had Caitlin (turns out Burger King isn't a food group after all )

I've just gotten brave enough to actually do something about it without the fear that I might do myself an injury (crazy I know)

This is what I'm doing at the moment
Monday - Yoga for 90mins (relaxing style)
Thursay - Belly Dancing for 1hr (dunno if it gets you skinny but my laughing muscles are getting a great workout! )
Friday - Pushing a buggy up hills for 90min

I tried my Pilates dvd on Saturday, just to see if I could do it... NO is the short answer due to my back still being stuffed!

I "might" try that Turbo Jam they keep going on about on the TV, I figure if it doesn't work then I can always sell it on TM and I wont have lost too much $$$
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:06am
i never had a CS but aquarobics might be good - i have been doing that and you know how big i am and i have found it good - the scales say i've put on weight but my clothes say something different, esp my jeans.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:35am
They say muscle weighs more than fat.... what does Cheesecake weigh more than (personal joke, sorry ladies)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:11pm

I think walking is your best option.

I did weight watchers for a while before Xmas and lost 10kgs, but I stil have 10 to go and have no self control and self motivation.

Did you watch last Monday on 1 the trial detox v's balanced diet. They had 10 women 5 of which did the detox and 5 did the balanced diet.
They ran heaps of tests before and during the trial and found that a balanced diet is the same if not better than a crash detox.

tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:37pm
belly dancing sounds like fun..
i used to do the carmen electra strip to fit dvds but i lost motivation after awhile.. but they were great while i kept up with it.
but i agree walking is great. where we are now i can do a loop around the races on the farm and there are heap of hill and i get a great work out pushing the buggy. if tash isnt here i jog round the farm.well half way6 round and then grab a ride back to the shed with someone on the bikes lol
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:33pm
exercise - whats that???

yeah belly dancing does sound fun - anyone out east auckland wanna do it????

I know Tae bo dvds worked for me a while back as did the classes....but not sure im up to them yet!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:47pm
i always wanted to do belly dancing...dont know how attractive a belly after 2 kids at my age would look tho..!!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:00am
Oh can I come to your place for Turbo Jam?? I so want to try that one!!!

I mainly (when I can move my butt) just do walking, cycling and I have a swissball workout video I do as well.

I'd love to get a set of free weights also but that's on my wish list currently.

Acutally I wonder if TM has Turbo Jam.....

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:29am
I'm right back into the gym! I go on my nights off from work so maybe 3 nights a week. I only do cardio stuff on those nights, then Saturday morning I go and do a Body Pump class (the one with the barbell) and they claim that's like doing 3 weight sessions in one! It's seriously great (and hard and your thighs are trembling the whole way through but then again so are the instructors so it makes you feel a bit better hehe!), and I can see a difference in my tummy already.

I try to get out walking but I'm a bit slack in that regard.

I would so love to try that belly dancing, but I'm a bit of a chicken!
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:51am
I do lots of walking and have just started using my backpack and take Ollie for walks with that - great for the thighs and especially when walking up stairs!
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:12am
Gen, I already looked on TM and the Turbo Jam set is selling for the same price as brand new

We might have to arrange an exercise session on my day off LOL

A side note on the belly dancing thing, this will be our 3rd week and we're yet to get our bellies out (perhaps the tutor is too scared? ) It's all about wiggling your hips and stuff and the belly just jiggles because of that (well mine does LOL)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:07am
Yeah I had a quick look on TM then nearly died at the price....

Excersise session would be fun though!!

I'm pretty sure if I did belly dancing everything would keep on wobbling for me too!

SuziE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuziE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:54am
I dont know how you girls fit all that exercise into your day ... I suppose I really should pull finger and just make time .... like ... I could be doing some now instead of trolling Ohbaby lol

Question: are there any specific exercises that will get rid of this lovely CS pouchy thing Ive got going on just above my scar?    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 1:11pm
Apparently this Turbo Jam does!

The lady on the infomercial said (yeh, I know!) she had had 2 CSs and this has helped get rid of the pouch and is good for her weak lower back as it's like doing crunches whilst standing up

I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pay the $120 *EEK* and give it a month or so and if I'm not a size 8 by then I'll flick it off on TM

I fit my exercises in because I go to my classes after DH gets home from work so no need to worry about Baby, I walk on Friday mornings after Caitlin has her breakfast, she sleeps on the way home, then I leave her in her push chair whilst I go have a shower etc

Not sure when I'll fit in the Turbo Jam though

I'm selling off my Windsor Pilates tapes (yes, another infomercial purchase LOL). I tried it and I thought my tummy was gonna open up    It was fantastic Pre-CS though and it really does re-shape your body (in a good way, not like "post baby jelly belly" LMAO)
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:05pm
Haven't been around here much lately .. but Toni good for you girl!

I am walking most days - even went out in the rain yesterday and then discovered upon my return that my shoes are stuffed .. wet sox galore!

Really need to do something about those tummy muscles (or lack of) though ... my pouch is kinda hanging around my middle (not attractive) even though I am 6kg LESS than when I got pregnant!
Selina

SuziE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuziE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 9:21pm
Has anyone tried vibration training (vibra train)?
I thought I might try it out again in conjunction with walking and cycling ... the thing I like about it is that it only takes 15 minutes
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 6:54am
I bought a DVD off trademe. called Aussie Fit - Getting started. thats quite good for getting back into the routine. i'm do cardio/strength training for 30-45 min every second night and that seems to work well so far. am also trying to do something with the whole family every sunday - last week we went on a bush walk. I've nver had a cs though so not sure how good those options would be for those who have,
 Post Reply Post Reply