FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBit of a scare...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bit of a scare...
    Posted: 01 July 2005 at 8:17am
I got a big fright yesterday. My m/w came over for a regular check up which I was glad about because I have been feeling a bit anxious the last few days. Baby hasn't been moving so much at all and I have also had a few unusual pains. I had a m/c last year so I am probably guilty of overanalysing everything as I am still really not going to believe this is all happening until the baby is finally, safely here! Anyway when it came to hearing baby we couldn't find the heart beat for at least 10 minutes!!! I went all cold and felt really sick. My m/w said not to worry as she could hear the cord blood fine. In the end we heard the heartbeat but not very loudly at all. It seems the baby is posterior and also the placenta is right over the baby so we had to hear through all of that first. Believe me, I was soooooo relieved to hear it in the end!!! To make up for it though baby was pretty active last night just to prove everything is ok Just felt like sharing this as I felt pretty icky all day yesterday afterwards even though all is well...

Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 8:53am
Oh Ana......Must have been like 10 min of Hell for you HUH?

I know how you must have felt....tho I never miscarried, I had three bleedings already and I thought I lost the baby...it is the worst feeling ever!!!

Mind you.. you only have 8 weeks to go. Stay positive and dont worry! I am sure you will deliver a healthy and happy baby soon.

paigesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 10:59am
You poor thing!! Glad everything is alright now!
Karen.

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 4:46pm
Your not alone, I to suffered a miscarriage and for my two pregnancys after it I was almost to scared to sneeze. Sound like you went through hell though. Glad to hear all is OK.
Hopefully the next two months go really fast for you.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 5:15pm
wow, I can't imagine that!!!!! glad to hear it is all good news! typical babies being unhelpful when you neeed them to be! My son would kick the midwife's heartbeat thingy everytime she put it on me!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 10:17pm
Thanks guys! baby has been INCREDIBLY active today just to show off... It is nice to know you are all there to talk to!

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 9:35am
Hey, we don't mind at all! Glad to hear everything is alright, Ana.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 9:58am
Don't they always do that - give us abig scare, then rub it in by leaping around afterwards! I remember going to the hospital with a friend to have her baby monitored as it hadn't moved for two days, and what do you know as soon as she was on the monitor baby started jumping and kicking. They just like to kep us on our toes!

Glad all is well!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply