FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOrder of inserts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order of inserts
    Posted: 04 June 2007 at 4:53pm
So I am still very SLOWLY getting my head around liners,inserts and boosters and even tried a couple on Kaleb this morning - so now just want to know:
1. Does a booster go on top of an insert or underneath?
2. What are doublers? (Are they another name for booster?)
3. What is the fabric order for inside a pocket? Or rather which fabric/s should not be at the top?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 5:33pm
1) I usually put the booster on top of the insert.
2) Not sure what a doubler is to be honest!
3) I don't think it matters too much about the order that the fabric of any insert goes in, but some of the other ladies might have more details.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 6:17pm
Doublers = boosters
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 8:28pm
I put microfibre on top of hemp so the hemp layer is closer to the waterproof material I find it absorbs better in this order as hemp takes longer to soak in the moisture.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Faraway Faraway wrote:

So I am still very SLOWLY getting my head around liners,inserts and boosters and even tried a couple on Kaleb this morning - so now just want to know:
1. Does a booster go on top of an insert or underneath?
2. What are doublers? (Are they another name for booster?)
3. What is the fabric order for inside a pocket? Or rather which fabric/s should not be at the top?

Thanks!

1. doesn't matter, but when you go to the larger size inserts it's easier to stuff the nappy with the smaller sized booster/doubler on the top
2. Doublers = boosters.
3. If using microfibre and hemp I would put the MF at the top at this absorbs more quickly.

Hope that helps
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 11:18am
I always stick my boosters on the bottom, don't know why, just always have.

And like the others said, hemp/bamboo on the bottom with microfibre on top as it absorbs more quickly.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 12:53pm
Thanks that's pretty much what I was thinking re microfibre but just wanted to make triple sure!! Tried Kaleb in another pocket this morning and SO need to play around to get absorbancy right

Would BKT go on top too?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Faraway Faraway wrote:

Would BKT go on top too?

yep...
 Post Reply Post Reply