FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUgh, what the heck is this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ugh, what the heck is this?
    Posted: 05 June 2007 at 10:03pm
Mercedes has a rash, well not a rash so much, it's hard to explain, but along the top of her nappy line (ie. where the nappy sits around her waist) at the back she has a nasty scab, almost like it was grazed and has now scabbed and it is quite weepy.It's only about 1/2 cm wide, but it goes all the way along her nappy line at the back.

Does anyone have any idea what might have caused it? I've lathered it up with barrier cream so her night nap doesn't rub, but I'm worried that it's a reaction to the elastic in one of her naps, or even worse, to the wool in her Ecobubs pockets. I know my cousin had a similar problem but he was in sposies and it was a reaction to the sposie elastic.

Would love to hear if anyone else has had this before, or any suggestions on what might have caused it.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 4:53am
Eek Emma, I have no idea! Hope it clears up for you tho!

Anna

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 8:06am
if it was a wool reaction it would be from the longies not the pocket cause the longies are pure wool but the pocket is a blend.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 8:29am
friction burn?
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 1:27pm
does she wear any other pure wool things?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 1:47pm
Oh dear! Feel better soon Mercedes. It is common for people with ezcema to be sensitive / unable to wear wool so it is possible that wool is the cause.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 1:55pm
Well the longies haven't actually touched her skin in that particular spot, as she's been wearing dome-under singlets, but that is an interesting thought - I hadn't actually thought about the longies causing a problem.

You could be right about friction burn Toni, coz it does actually look like a burn, and now the skin is flaking off around it I'm taking her to see the nurse at my GP's clinic this arvo to get her other rashy problem looked at, and I'll get them to have a look.

Random thought - do you think it could be the Berry Plush? They're the only ones that have elastic as such in the waist?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:37pm
perhaps it is an allergy thing and the elastic has silicone in it? (I think I remember you saying she can't have silicone because of her allergies?)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 7:26pm
Silicone is ok, latex isn't. But good point - I wonder if any of her naps have latex in the elastic on them? Hmmmm...

It is clearing up now and all flaky and peely
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 6:42pm
Emma did you find out what it was?
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 8:00pm
So not from the Ecobubs pocket?

I'm getting red marks around legs sometimes... wondering if that is the elastic or the wool causing that. I remember Deb saying something about it too. The leg settings are on the loosest snap but I think the nap may still be a bit tight on chubbos thighs.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by nikkiwhyte nikkiwhyte wrote:

I'm getting red marks around legs sometimes... wondering if that is the elastic or the wool causing that. I remember Deb saying something about it too. The leg settings are on the loosest snap but I think the nap may still be a bit tight on chubbos thighs.

I don't *think* it's the Ecobubs, but the latex suggestion has got me thinking. I might email Pippa.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:14am
Originally posted by nikkiwhyte nikkiwhyte wrote:

i think it may be the elastic...i'm wondering latley if it is the same as the fuzzi problem where the elastic was the wrong way round. i know few others get marks on the kids legs from the ecobubs...i have a large for gabriel for night time tho and he never has problems with it...(i sold my citrus that i was having probs with).

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 8:11am
Hrmmmm... I wonder if it happens with both my Ecobubs then. I'll do some monitoring.
 Post Reply Post Reply