FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEcobots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ecobots
    Posted: 07 June 2007 at 4:38pm
I was thinking of getting a starter pack.

Opinions?
Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
Sponsored Links

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:38pm
I'm also thinking about using Ecobot nappies. I've done a whole heap of research on this and have discovered it is heaps cheaper if you buy the Baby Pack and Toddler pack (instead of the All you Need Pack or The Whole Deal pack). Sorry I know you are looking at the Starter Pack and from memory can't remember what is in that. The Baby Pack and Toddler pack will only cost us $349, which is from newborn to potty trained - which I think is really reasonable.

Hope this helps!
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 1:21pm

Yeah i thought about that, my mum reckons i should try them out first thats why she suggested the starter pack. I wanted the all you need or baby pack but my mum suggested i try them first just in case i pay all that and find i dont really like them!

Damn her for being reasonable lol.
Melanie.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:28pm
Ecobots are a prefold and cover - personally that system doesn't enthuse me a whole bunch... but starter packs are worth a go to see if you like it.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 2:49pm
i love prefolds and covers ... but they arent the most abosrbent unless boosted and possibly not the best option for overnight. but if you get them you always have stuffers for pockets ...

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 3:19pm
I like the idea of pre-folds because they are the cheaper option nappy and they can be washed in cold water (whereas I have read with a lot of the other nappies you really need to wash in hot water).
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by gandt gandt wrote:

i love prefolds and covers ... but they arent the most abosrbent unless boosted and possibly not the best option for overnight. but if you get them you always have stuffers for pockets ...

So what wold you suggest for overnight? im still learning about all this cloth nappy stuff and it seems the more i read the more confused i get lol.

What would i use to boost them?
Melanie.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 7:19pm
in the beginning when they still wake every 4 hours or so then i suppose a prefold would be okay - but when they sleep longer then you need more absorbency. I personally use fitteds and wool covers for toby cause his bum is a bit sensitive and i like the breathability of that combo. a designer bums fitted would be good for overnight (skytower on TM) and she also does boosters. For gabriel tho i use pockets overnight and it is just a matter of getting the right amount of absorbency for your baby. some heavier wetters require a heck of a lot of stuffing...gabriel can do a microfibre insert and a flat...
snazzipants have a great comparison chart and also explains the different systems on their products page.

Edited by gandt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 7:37pm
Thanks alot
I need all the info i can get hehe.
Melanie.
 Post Reply Post Reply