FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOSFA Pockets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OSFA Pockets
    Posted: 07 June 2007 at 5:59pm
I like the idea of one size fits all pocket nappies but just wondered how they rate. So any feedback would be great -
What brand/s do you use? Where can you buy from? If you have tried more than one, which do you rate the best?
What is the sizing like? When could you start using/have to stop?
What is absorbancy like? Did it come with its own insert and if so what is it like? Is there space to stuff alot into it?
How long does it take to dry?
Aplix or snaps?
How easy is it to adjust the sizing?
<Not sure if I am allowed to ask??> Approximate cost per nappy?
Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links

MrsCrispy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsCrispy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 7:19pm
What brand/s do you use?

I use bumgenuis and haute pockets.

Where can you buy from?

I got mine from someone I wouldn't recommend!!

If you have tried more than one, which do you rate the best?

Bumgenuis!! Love it love it!!

What is the sizing like?

My little girl is a wee thing. She is only just 6kgs at 4 months and is quite short. under teh 50% percentile for weight and under the 20th% for height. We have no problems with either nappy on the smallest setting.

When could you start using/have to stop?

Francesca started wearing her BG and Haute pocket at about 10 weeks - so she was about 4.5kg then. No problems at all.

What is absorbancy like?

Both are very good. Francesca can go overnight in the BG and a few hours during the day in the haute pocket.

Did it come with its own insert and if so what is it like?

yes - its grand!

Is there space to stuff alot into it?

Heaps of room - you could put a few boosters in there for sure.

How long does it take to dry?

Not long at all. We don't have a dryer and live in a flat so drying times are important to me. The outer takes a couple of hours, the insert maybe a day in a dull day.

Aplix or snaps?

I prefer Aplix.

How easy is it to adjust the sizing?

Easy! If I can work it out anyone can!

<Not sure if I am allowed to ask??> Approximate cost per nappy?

They are about $30 per nappy. :)
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 8:21am
Thanks Mrs Crispy - I have a haute pocket (which just came out of wash and I am dying to try it) and have heard lots about the BG so might have to get one to try too!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 8:34am
i have tried smart e pants they are quite good and very easy to adjust...but they do have a toddler size nappy so not sure how long they would last for...but i love you can pick your own colour combinations.

i have also tried cheek boutiques which are now sold at bumbles along with haute pockets and bum genius and mommys touch, all one size too.

the cheek boutiques have a cool contrasting trim which is very unique and they are adjustable by adjusting the fit around the legs instead of snaps on the outside. I had a trial cheek boutique and didnt had any problems with it and the inserts were great.

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 10:01pm
the only OSFA i have tried is mommys touch and i wouldn't recommend it on a newborn. they are quite fiddly to work out how the snaps do up and can be bulky on a little one but i used it on my almost 3yr old without any problems. i'd use it from about 6mths on perhaps.
they are, from memory, $32 (?) without an insert (?) but have heaps of really cool colours.   nikkiwhyte on here is an agent for them so maybe get in touch with her..

Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2007 at 9:56am
Well we tried the haute pocket last night and left both the inserts snapped together and it was even completely soaked/no leaks when we changed Kaleb after 5 and half hours so was pretty impressed with it. Thanks for feedback on other brands
 Post Reply Post Reply