FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPost your favourite crockpot recipes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post your favourite crockpot recipes
    Posted: 08 June 2007 at 9:35am
Hi peeps

Since there seems to be a couple of threads that I can't keep up with, I thought maybe all the crockpot recipe favourites could be posted here.

Feel free to post yours!

Sponsored Links

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 1:32pm
Yes I would like some crockpot recipes as well
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 2:44pm
i am loving my slow cooker at the moment, esp since i realised i could put any type of packet meal in there. on tuesday i used the watties just add chicken sweet and sour sauce in with some chicken breasts, and about half a can of water, it was soo tender and the flavour was infused through the sauce. i just added some mixed veges in about half an hour before serving. today i am trialing the watties just add beef - hearty beef casserole, it smells yum!
apparently all the maggi and continental ones can be used as well, you just increase the amount of water you use.
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 3:28pm
bacon hock soup...

bacon hock
packet of soup mix (kings is good)
veges - potatoes, carrots, kumara
seasoning - s&p, worcester sauce and marmite

turn it on and leave it alone all day.

yummmmmmmmm

baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 8:43am
We recently got that 100 ways to use a slow cooker recipe book. There are so many yummy things I can't wait to try out in there! Will let you know some recipes if they turn out yummy hehehe

We had a crock pot meal of devilled sausages last night. Very boring, but yummy! Just follow the instructions on the back of a Maggies devilled sausage mix. Has onion, apple, tomato sauce and sausies in it. I think it says to use 1.5 cups of water, where we only used one, but we did only have enough sausages to feed 2 adults, and an Ashlee.

ETA: eaten with mashed potatoes (which we boiled up in a separate pot -- I still don't have the gist of cooking them in the crockpot. I have no idea how long they'd take!)

Edited by baalamb
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 11:45am
we had lamb shanks last night

1 1/2 c lentils (turned out beautiful and I'm NOT a big lentil eater
in the bottom of the crockpot. then chop an onion, a carrot and a garlic clove. put in. put shanks on top. add 1t thyme. i also added 1t rosemary. It says now to add two cans of chopped tomatoes and onion - i suddenly realised we didn't have these, so added can of watties tomato soup and a pasta sauce. put on high initially as shanks were frozen, and at 12 turned down low. turned up high at 4 and we ate at 5:30. beautiful!!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 4:11pm
These all sound yum - I need to tackle my crockpot again soon!

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 9:00am
Bump for suzieq
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 1:01pm
Thanks for that Glow
 Post Reply Post Reply