FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChicken? Inspire me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chicken? Inspire me!
    Posted: 09 June 2007 at 11:07pm
I bought some boneless chicken breast yesterday for dinner and haven't cooked it yet, will cook it for dinner tomorrow night but am short on inspiration. I usually just do either a curry or a mushroom and chicken pasta bake but looking for something different to do with it. I have a jar of Chicken Tonight Honey Mustard but not sure how to jazz it up.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 8:35am
Chicken? I love it! This week we have done a couple of different chicken dishes. Try combining something like:

chicken
mushrooms
stir-fry veges (carrots, brocoli, courgettes, capsicums)
season with: cumin (or some other strong taste), chicken stock, salt...
serve with: garlic bread or roasted spuds

chicken
chopped bacon
onions
green or red capsicum
tomato paste
season with: chicken stock, coriander (or some other mild taste), a bit of flour to make a gravy
serve with: cooked pasta or mashed spuds

otherwise I love to cook it up with a can of apricots or pineapple, make it into a casserole with carrots and any other veg you like
season with: mild spice, worcester sauce, chicken stock
serve with: mashed or plain boiled spuds

mmmmm yumm!
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 9:13am
What about stuffing it?

Maybe flattening the breast out a wee bit, layering with basil or some fresh herb leaves, rolling it up and wrapping in prosciutto or bacon & baking in some sauce??
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 9:20am
We stuff with spinach(we use frozen),mozerella and a wee bit of pasta sauce. Stick it together with toothpick! Brown in a pan, then add the rest of the pasta sauce and simmer til cooked. Serve with pasta or rice!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 1:53pm
oo ham and cheese!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 4:53pm
Mmmmm, stuffed chicken *drools* I don't think I've ever stuffed chicken before myself, I usually buy it pre-stuffed. But I do stuff schnitzel with ham and cheese sometimes - yum!

I ended up chucking the chicken in a pyrex dish with the jar of Honey Mustard sauce and covering it with foil and chucking it in to bake. Gonna serve it with mashed kumara (with a dash of curry powder), cauli and peas.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 9:53am
I chop up boneless chicken breast, potatoes, and whatever other veges I have around and stir through a jar of honey mustard sauce then let it cook slowly in the crockpot all day. Great one pot wonder.

Stuffed chicken breasts - the easiest way is to cut a slit in each breast then insert slices of flavoured brie/camenbert or grated cheese and chutney or a slice of ham and cheese. Pan fry using a non stick spray.

My favourite summer meal is chicken satay salad. Stir fry chicken, once cooked add half a bottle of satay sauce, then 1/2 bag of crispy noodles. Serve on a bed of salad and eat immediately.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 1:30pm
ooooh satay or chilli chicken, or that honey mustard are some of my favourites. Ayja's favourite is butter chicken.. she eats piles and piles of the stuff!.. of course we only cook it when she has daycare the next day cos it goes thru her rather badly lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 4:03pm
with the chicken stuffed, a great healthy way to cook it is to wrap in gladwrap and poach in chicken stock - wait til cooked and then unwrap and fry gently for the colour. the gladwrap ensures it doesn't collapse, or you lose half the innards.
 Post Reply Post Reply