FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs this normal???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this normal???
    Posted: 13 June 2007 at 8:40am
I have 2 questions that I would like some help with please.

1. I have had wicked pins and needles in my left arm during the night fro the last 3 nights. Did anyone else get this?

2. My legs are covered in bruises as I keep working into things and mis judging distances...I never use to do this.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 8:47am
yes and yes. Do tell your mw about pins and needles, though.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 7:13pm
Oh - I've had regular pins and needles/ dead arms since the whole time I've been preg. I'll mention it to my midwife.

Anyone else had this?

Cheers
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 7:51pm
Apparently it can be carpuls tunnel and is quite common in pregnancy! My m/w rang me about this tonight funnily enough as she mistook a message left on her phone from someone else about numb arms and hands. She though it was me that left the message but it wasn't from me! Atleast I learnt something new from her though and now I am able to help you ladies out (I think)!
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 8:39pm
Peachy is right. Carpel tunnel. My MW explained it to me today as the space in your wrist that has blood vessels and nerves is quite small and as we have a lot more blood (and swelling) now the nerves get cramped.

I have been recommended to try and keep my wrists straight when sleeping (easier said than done) or toput a pillow between my arms kinda like hugging it loosely.

Its bloody annoying but I am getting used to my right middle finger constantly tingling.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 8:53pm
Yep, I had it too - too much time on here typing

And I was super clumsy too, if I had a dollar for every time I near broke my toe catching it on the side of the toilet door in the night...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 3:32pm
however, carpal tunnel doesnt affect the pinky fingers for some reason!! i read up on the net about it heaps, as i was waking everynight with numbness running all the way down my pinky fingers into my palms, but its not carpal tunnel, mine went away after about 3weeks i think
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 8:54am
Thanks that is great to know. I wake up pretty much everymorning with a numb left hand - even happens when watching a movie or something!
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 9:01am
I not only get the tingly hands but whole dead arms! It's horendous!!! I wake most nights with sore, painful dead arms. I find the best thing to do is hang them over the side of the bed, the whole "lower than your heart" theory. Seems to work. The tingly feeling goes away and I get some feeling back, but then I obviously get back into whatever position caused it in the first place and it happens all over again!!!

Times it has been too uncomfortable to say in bed I get up and sleep in my BF chair. Or just a quick walk around the house helps.

Also one of the August mummies2B suggests alternating your hands from cold water to hot water for 15 seconds each. I've done this a few times and it has been a godsend! Luckily we have his and hers basins in the bathroom to do it!

I also get pins and needles when holding the phone up to my ear for too long, gripping the steering wheel up high for too long and holding a pen for too long!! Oh fun!!

Edited by sparkle
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 4:15pm
One of the many joys of pregnancy I've been waking up with dead hands lately...now this thread explains it all - thanks guys

As for being clumsy, I seem to be able to trip up over my own feet these days and open the door and hit my tummy with it!
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 5:17pm
hehehe sparkle. i think the alternating water trick was my suggestion and I havent even tried it myself yet!!!! Dumb me. I am justgetting used to numbeness
 Post Reply Post Reply