FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTurned Away from Hospital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turned Away from Hospital
    Posted: 15 June 2007 at 6:36pm
This caught my eye tonight on my way to this site:

Baby
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 6:54pm
To turn her away!!!! Poor thing!
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 7:34pm
OMG that is shocking, poor lady, what an ordeal
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 7:46pm
But where the heck was her LMC? He/she should have told her that the maternity unit was not open for deliveries, and been on call when she went into prem labour! I mean, if my waters broke/contractions started my midwife would be the first person I'd call.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 7:56pm
Surely there could have been a paramedic who could have delivered her in the ambulance on the way? That hospital needs to rethink some procedures!!
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 7:57pm
I find it hard to believe that there wasn't a doctor to be found at the hospital.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by busymum busymum wrote:

Surely there could have been a paramedic who could have delivered her in the ambulance on the way? That hospital needs to rethink some procedures!!

Good point. They said she was told driving would be faster than an ambulance, but if she'd taken an ambulance yes it would have taken longer but a paramedic could have delivered the baby and they would have had resuscitation equipment on hand if neccessary.

I guess when you're panicking you don't think clearly. Shame on the hospital for not telling them that!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 9:03pm
i don't like the way they said "teen mother" at the beginning. subtle implication that she may have been in the wrong....maybe I'm just paranoid.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 10:01am
I'm just glad she had the brains to remove the cord from baby's neck and to keep baby warm... as for the mw and hospital they have some questions to answer.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 10:07am
Yes Mel it's almost like it might have been her second baby, she seemed so calm and knew what to expect and do?
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 8:03pm
That is just shocking!!! That poor mum

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Emma_GabysMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma_GabysMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 1:21pm
omg that shocks me!!! You would think that someone would have at least been able to check her over to see how dilated she was etc???? Makes me glad to live in a big city, with a few different hospitals that will do deliveries!
Emma - 23 proud Mama to...
Gabrielle Jayda-Lee 26.10.06

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 1:30pm
It was her second baby. I think her other one was about 3....so at least she had some idea of what was going on!

Really bad look for the hospitals involved!!!

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:04pm
Gosh, thats just scary!

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 9:00pm
that is scary, her LMC shouldve mentioned hte place was closed, I wouldve called an ambulance but then in saying that when living in an area like that ambulances arent always reliable as we found out with living in motueka and needing one to get me form motueka ot nelson hospital when i was in labour, they are voly ambos and it took over an hr for nelson to arrive, she prob was quicker to be in the car with the friend driving.
jsut lucky it wasnt their 1st adn they had an idea of what to do.
lil_miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 9:29pm
truely shocking - but she did well considering the circumstances.

Poor girl... :S
 Post Reply Post Reply