FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp! Sore Throat Remedies??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Sore Throat Remedies??
    Posted: 16 June 2007 at 3:20pm
I have SUCH a sore throat, and I know there is bugger all I can take, the pharmacist(sp?) gave me Strepsils the lemon ones but they dont do a thing, my cough mixture that he gave me doesnt even help my cough, Im in agony here
If I go to the doctor they will charge me $20 just to tell me I cant take anything stronger.

So does anyone know of any safe remedies for a extremly sore throat? Ive tried Honey Lemon and Vinegar, but nope nothing...

Any help would be so much welcomed

Sponsored Links

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 3:21pm
A salt gargle is good to help kill the bugs.

Hope you're feeling better soon
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 3:22pm
Oh cool thanks arohanui Ill give that a go now actually

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 4:24pm
when i was pregnant with haleigh i got teh flu real bad and i lived on lemon honey drinks (homemade), and lots of water.
lemon honey always helps clear up my colds and sore throats.
hope you get better soon, its not nice gettign sick when pregs, i was in 3rd trimester when i got sick and its def not pleasant coughing with a bump
emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 4:40pm
Hot water with a bit of apple juice is good to sip - drinking lots, as hard as it is, will help clear the bug out of your system.

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 5:09pm

I hate fizzy drinks but when my throat's really bad, the only thing that soothes it seems to be a diet coke - go figure! 

Andie
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 5:29pm
You poor thing Sheza, I had the same thing at about 7-8 weeks, lemon and honey drinks constantly, and dissolved the odd panadol in there too when I started getting migraines. Hope you get better soon!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 8:30pm
Cool thanks girls, I guess its more lemon and honey drinks for me tonight and I will chuck a panadol in there too and hopefully that will help take the swelling down in my throat.

Ahh so sick of coughing and stuff

Edited by Sheza

Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 9:26pm
My favorit is fresh ginger root, about 2cm, thinly sliced and put in a pot with a cup or so of water. Bring to boil. (I usually make a pot or so and use heaps of ginger - say 6 cm with a litre of water). Once it's boiled pour into a cup and add the juice of a lemon and a teaspoon of honey.
Ginger is an anti-inflamitory so great for an irritated throat and it feels so nice drinking.

Edited by Konagirl
Angel babies Mar '04, Oct '08 and Sep '09.
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 9:34pm
Maybe you do need to go to the Dr. As I said before I ended up having bronchitis & suffered for 2 weeks before going to the Dr & they gave me antibiotics, but I started feeling better before I started taking them, but if I'd gone sooner I may have started to get better sooner. It may be more than a cough/cold you have, it sounds pretty bad, you poor thing!!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Post Reply Post Reply