FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhow do you make rice bubble cakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do you make rice bubble cakes
    Posted: 18 June 2007 at 9:53am
I have never made these before but want to make some chocolate ones for Addisons party this weekend. Anyone have a good simple yummy recipe please.
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 10:45am
the recipe is on the back of the kremelta packet - which is the main ingredient.

JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 12:25pm
I have made the kremelta ones and thought they were yuck! (bear in mind Im not the best cook in the world so it could have been due to bakers error )

My mum used to make rice bubble biscuits with a honey sort of mixture. it had like honey, butter and something else in it and they were yummy. Ill see if I have a copy of the recipe.

A freind of mine's mum used to make the same sort of thing but melt mars bars into them. Perhaps google it!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 12:45pm
The honey one is on this site already, I asked for it some time ago and it was YUM!
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 5:21pm

When I was growing up, my mother used to make these for all our family events. Here is the recipe we always use!

http://www2.kelloggs.com/Recipe/RecipeDetail.aspx?RID=1605

It is super-easy -- and Rice Krispies are the US name for Rice Bubbles. LOL

MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 9:21pm
here is another version:100g Butter
75g sugar
2 TS Honey
5 c Rice bubbles
Boil butter sugar and Honey till golden brown.
Stir in Rice bubbles mix till combined, Press into a well greased cake tin, Cut while Hot.

Or the naughty version:
Chop up 3 Mars Bars, microwave on high with 75g butter for 2 mins or until very soft.
mix with 3 cups ricies (easier if you mix in 2 cups then add last cup).
refridgerate until just set, cut into squares.

im off to make some now!!
queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 12:06am
YUM!!! I love rice bubble cake!!

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 4:50pm
I made some about 6 months ago and mine turned out flat and rock hard.... I was peeved and gave up.

Post Reply Post Reply