FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked’4real’

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 12:16pm
Wow what a response...Personally I like the name obviously not the way it is spelt but there are other ways they can spell the name to make it more attractive....Foreal, Phreal...

Everyone has a right to choose their childs name regardless of what other people think, and respect is gained by your actions and what kind of person you are it has nothing to do with a name....

Remember 4real maybe the name they register him under but he may be known as something else...like his middle name..

My son has a different name too so I am in no place to judge those parents who come up with strange/unusual names...

It is obvious we are not all going to agree one way or the other but there is no need to make snarky remarks about the parents or what they will name their other children....none of us know if the child will like/hate his name or even if he will be teased at school...we are all just make assumptions.

Edited by Deez

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Sponsored Links

MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 1:41pm
So if they spell 4real, phoreal, or something like that, are they going to spell their next child (4sure) foreshore? surely that will also have some debate about it? either that or later in life the child will be asked, 'oh so your parents had something to do with he foreshore and seabed issues??'

im just saying, that u kinda do have to think of the kid, why give them one name and not mind if they hate it so much they want to change it by the time they are 10 to stop the bullying???

just my opinion, you have to look at the effect it will have on the child
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 4:19pm

Originally posted by Deez Deez wrote:

My son has a different name too so I am in no place to judge those parents who come up with strange/unusual names...

Me either

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 5:23pm
there are different names and then there is just mean. In my teaching training I came across the Duck family, childrens names were Donald and Daisy. Then for unimaginative, triplets named April May and June.

I am happy for originatilty, but then it can be taken too far
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 6:09pm
Yeah I agree it can be taken too far. In my nursing career I have come across a Flyriver, Thankyou and Blue bell just to name a few.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:33pm
ANf the names acid and hash, or kurupt are NEVER suitable. They are a form of abuse and i cannot believe they were allowed.

there is unusual - heck, you think yuo guys have unusual names? look at the ethnicv names out there now. And there is downright cruel. That is why ther has to be some form of intervention out there.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 10:22am
Emma - did you watch My name is Earl last night? He had a piece of advice for a girl named Summer "Just because you have a stripper name, doesn't mean you have to grow up to be a stripper" (wisdom from the man who named his son Pilot Inspektor)

P.S. Can't wait to see what your sister is going to name her kids. You could just yawn every time she calls them and mutter "borrring"

Edited by nikkiwhyte
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 2:05pm
My DH taught the Ford family who had named their sons Fairlane and Fairmont...nice!

lil_miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 10:35pm
I think there is a difference between unusual names and thoughtless names...
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:51am
Lycan and Alize are names, though.. When I see Lycan, I think of a olden times knight and Alize makes me think of a romantic poet guy..
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:15am
Originally posted by nikkiwhyte nikkiwhyte wrote:

Emma - did you watch My name is Earl last night? He had a piece of advice for a girl named Summer "Just because you have a stripper name, doesn't mean you have to grow up to be a stripper" (wisdom from the man who named his son Pilot Inspektor)

P.S. Can't wait to see what your sister is going to name her kids. You could just yawn every time she calls them and mutter "borrring"

She has "reserved" Max and Isabelle -yawn!

And LMAO at My Name Is Earl - he's so right! My baby doesn't have to be a stripper, she could be a truck driver instead
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:15am
Originally posted by fattartsrock fattartsrock wrote:

Lycan and Alize are names, though.. When I see Lycan, I think of a olden times knight and Alize makes me think of a romantic poet guy..

Yep, I like Lycan and Alize, and they are both proper names.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:54am
There are names and then there are nouns, they are not necessarily the same thing. Lycan and Alize are actual names for people. There are children out there called Riot and Kaos, Foreal isn't a name its a slogan. Its like calling your kid Coke or Pepsi.
I wish parents would put some thought into what they name their children, I've had to go thru life with a name my parents picked from a movie. By the time I was old enough to change it, was kind of used to it.

And Max is a nice name, however there are too many dogs with that name.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by fleury fleury wrote:

I wish parents would put some thought into what they name their children, I've had to go thru life with a name my parents picked from a movie. By the time I was old enough to change it, was kind of used to it.

I'm not picking on you, honest! but... I chose Kiya's name out of a movie, and Nat and I have another girls name from a different movie we would like to use in the future. As someone who's name came from a movie, why was it a bad thing? (I'm genuinely curious)
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 1:17pm
At the time 1973, it was unusual to name your child after someone in a movie, I got teased a lot about my name when I was in school, people still have a hard time spelling it.

I guess its more common now to use names from movies.

Its interesting that I trend towards more traditional/common names for my future (unborn) children based on my experience, where as I know people who are the opposite for the same reason.

Edited by fleury
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:04pm
I even have trouble with first names: Hope, Faith, Joy.... I mean, "Please fix your attitude Joy" comon!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123