FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRandom-Puppies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random-Puppies
    Posted: 08 August 2005 at 3:17pm
Hey just thought I'd ask if any of the Palmy mums or in that area are or no anybody interested in getting puppies, I have 3 left, APBT, 2 Females one fawn with red nose or caramel.. and one fawn with big white patches 1 Male Fawn with rednose... $350 each Wormed vet checked and vacc up to date, Ready this weekend, they are the cutest things out and Parents are great natured family dogs..
Just htought id throw that in just in case.. thanks
Sponsored Links

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 6:20pm
hey, did you get rid of all you puppies? What are/were they?

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 12:56am
OOoh, I soooo want a puppy but we agreed no puppies until we get our house. I have plans for a kune-kune too.
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 8:01am
Do you know what sort of puppy you want?
We had a kune kune many years ago. Sorry but, she was soooo ugly it was funny. She was quite a stroppy pig so gave her to another farmer who wanted to breed from her.

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 8:33am
Where are you going to live Lizzle?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 8:41am
I recommend a Golden Retriever. We have a 2 1/2 yr old male 'Clyde' and he is the best dog in the world! Not that I'm biased or anything    
He is so great with Jack and when we go to the dog shows, all the other Retrievers just love Jack too, it's so cute!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:26am
thats the problem, we have noi idea where we want to live. It's good because we can keep our options open but bad because we have no idea really!!! We'll wait and see when we get there. See what the njob sit. is like.

As for puppies, initally we were thinking a beagle (sasw them in sydney airport and they are just adorable) but apparently they get really hyper and you have to have a LOT of time for them. I think a more laid-back dog might be the answer.
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:42am
What sort of size dog did you want, ie very small like a papillon, med, like a lab or lge like a great dane? How much time do/will you have for it.
I have papillons and a keeshond(about lab size). Both are relitively easy to train(for purebreeds) but keeshonds are alot of work when it comes to brushing and washing. It normally takes me about 3-4 hours to wash and brush my keeshond but only takes 15 minutes from start to finish with the papillons. A normal size papillon is smaller than the average cat.
I have dealt with just about all breeds over the years but it all comes down to personal opinion.

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 11:10am
My sister has a king charles spaniel, They are lovely dogs. So friendly and not yappy or jumpy. Be sad when he dies hes 13 now. We used to have a border collie, but had to give her away when i had Alyssa because they demand alot of time and exercise and i just didnt have it. And my other sister has a foxy and she is full on, I dont trust her either, I so wouldnt get a foxy.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 11:31am
I had a German Shepard (Leo) in Africa....We had him for 5 years...and I think he was the best dog ever...he looked like a leo too.... .

He was caring, he could feel things before you could (I use to get chest pains and he could tell before I could)....AHHHHHHHH I miss him....

I would love to have one now but they are so big and my house does not have a lot of space...and hubby is not too keen on pets...well dogs! He likes Cats...I dont like them at all!

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:22pm
i totally agree about Shepards Roksana! My parents breed them. One boy that holds a special place in my heart is Murphy. He's always the first to check on Jack when he cries and always knows when I'm upset. He comes over and puts his head on my lap!!
They get a really bad rap and aren't the vicious (sp?) dogs people make them out to be. I've been to alot of dog shows and it's always the smaller breeds that start the trouble.
Sorry if that comment offends anyone Just my opinion

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:38pm
Leo did get rough at times but only if he thought we were in trouble....if you provoke (sp) any dog they will attack you.

Mind you we hear so many stories that people abuse their dogs so that they can be "fight dogs" ...that just makes me sick!!!

In my opinion German Shepards are the best and then I love Golden Retrievers....They are intelligent and beautiful dogs.

Edited by Roksana

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:39pm
I have always been a firm believer in all dogs, no matter what the breed, has the potential to be vicious. A small part is in, bad breeding, and the rest is people who dont know, or dont want to know, how to train a dog.

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 2:05pm
ohhhhh i want either a boxer or a bull mastif awwwww i just love those 2 breeds.my bil n his grl have a lhasa apso(sp?) its  cute but im not a toy dog girl hehe.no offence to any1 with these dogs but i despise chiuahuas eww eww eww my aunty bredf them awhilev ago yuk yap yap yap ew ew ew can u tell im not a hugfe fan of them, lmao
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 5:34pm
The pups I had were Red nose Pitbuls.. BABY EATERS.. aarrgghh so many people hate them cause they have a bad rap, i had my girl Stealth for 8yrs and just had her put down due to illness, i cried so hard as she was my baby to.. we now have a younger girl Shilo, we got her about a year ago, they are the greatest family dogs if they are brought up right, when caleb was younger he escaped early in the morning 7ish and ran down the road as the gates had blown open ever night, steralth followed him and wouldnt let him croos the road,the lady that brought Caleb home said teh dog grabbed his pjs every time he went near teh road, anf the only reason she new where to bring him back to was because she recognised my dog from walking past our house, stealth was the most obediant and loyal dog you could ever ask for, and Shilo our dog thats just had pups is the best dog to great around kids.. I personally will never leave a child unattended with a dog apart from our own as sometimes children provoke the attacks themselves... All our pups sold straight away, one went from palmy to nelson, another went to auckland and one to taupo, people came along way to get a good dog from good family dogs as so many pitbulls out there are breed for fighting or to be gang dogs,which is said because it gives the dogs bad names
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:19pm
I have to agree with Becs. I'm not a tiny dog fan. In japan they dress them up....mini wedding dresses and tuxedos....jack o laterns for halloween. I'm not impressed. I like bigger dogs myself. i also agree that any dog can be vicious. My uncle's corgie bit my dad once on the leg...nasty bite too. Dad was jumping into the pool at the time and the dog went crazy. But my other uncle had a rotty. I was chasing my cousin and it went mental and grabbed my arm. I freaked outas did all the family members. then we realised she had grabbed my arm not bitten it at all. like a warning I guess. nice dog!
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 7:47am
yep,I will always ask the owners if will be safe for my kid to pat the dog before i will let them touch it.after alll those poor kids being attacked in the last few yrs I wouldnt wanna risk it even with the most gentle looking dog
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 8:34am
mike's grandparents bred chihuahuas (?sp) and yep they wre always like yap yap yap... but the puppies are just so gorgeous for the first little while.. especially the ones with the fluffy fur, and little turned up curly tails. cute!

mike wants a german shepard once we move cos he had heaps when he was growing up. I'm not really a dog person, i used to be a cat person, but since i'm pretty allergic to them - i think i may just have to settle for fish. lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply