FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVege/gluten-free dinner party - HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vege/gluten-free dinner party - HELP!
    Posted: 25 June 2007 at 12:26pm
Ok, so we want to invite my aunt, uncle and two cousins (aged in their early 20s) around for dinner in the next couple of weeks to thank them for buying us our beloved P&T sport buggy.

Trouble is, it's difficult to know what to feed them!

Aunt & Cousin 1 are vegetarian.
Uncle has Coeliac (sp?) disease - must have gluten free food
Cousin 2 eats anything not moving

Does anyone have any good ideas about a nice, vegetarian, gluten free menu? I'm a bit stuck!
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 12:57pm
How about a whole lot of little dishes? Salads for sure, then perhaps a quiche (which isn't gluten free) and some cold meat (for the non-vege people but the smell won't waft). What do you uncle and aunt usually do for dinner?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 1:14pm
i have a recipe in my vege cook book for a root vegetable casserole with a polenta crust - but i dont know if polenta is gluten free.

or how bout a vege lasagne - but then again i dont know about the gluten stuff

and do they eat fish ??? if so maybe a fish pie or a tuna bake.

or an entree of stuffed peppers or mushrooms (i have lots of these in aforementioned cook book) then a risotto (but then i dont know if that is gluten free) and then a nice pudding - like poached pears.

??????? sorry i have no idea about gluten free and prob should leave well enough alone.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 1:55pm
Stir fry is good, if you make the veges seperate and then have rice or noodles and the meat on the side so they can choose if they want that cause I think noodles have gluten in them.

Or roast? Just cook the meat seperate to the veges..

Mexican? Though dunno if tacos etc have gluten in them..

hehe I'm just trying to think of things that I make for dinner (I'm vegetarian)
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 2:08pm
They do gluten free pasta (i think) so maybe a yummy pasta dish with no meat but lot's of olives, sun dried tomatoes etc and some gluten free bread to do with it.

Fruit dessert - like poached pears with choc sauce?

Stuffed mushrooms are a good entree and really yummy and easy to make!

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 3:05pm
Here's a good website to have a looksy at for some ideas and recipes.....linky

Post Reply Post Reply