FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBubs movement not normal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bubs movement not normal
    Posted: 12 August 2005 at 9:13am
I'm getting a bit worried because bubs is making these jerking sort of movements. The are most definitely not hiccups. I know this because my son had them and they are so different. These movements feel like bubs is having a epileptic fit or something. They are happening up to 4 times a day and lasting for about 6 seconds.
Anyone got some ideas??
I will ask my midwife at my appointment next week but was wondering if anyone elses baby is doing this.

Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 10:03am
Sorry Bonnie...my bub just kicks and punches.....I am sure all is well! Dont worry about it till they tell you some thing is wrong!

But to feel better call your midwife and tell her to come over and check every thing.

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 10:40am
How far along are you? I never had anything like it with my boys but when I was pregnant with abby i had something that sounds familiar. It did feel like she was having a fit and my whole tummy would ripple at the same time, it was quite frequent as well. I never did find out what it was, I'm just put it down to her getting comfortable and starting to run out of room. She is now a very healthly happy 7 month old. Best advice is to ask your midwife but I'm sure it's nothing, probably just a very active baby.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 1:37pm
I agree, it's probably just bubs wriggling around trying to get comfortable, but you should probably check with yur midwife. If you're really worried, don't wait for your appt, just give her a call, it's her job and I'm sure she won't mind putting your mind at ease.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 1:56pm
I remember when i was preg with Ayja she would have times where is felt like she was havinga fit in my tummy too, it was really weird and un-nerved me, but if i remember rightly, I think Xandersmum said she had the same sorta thing with Harmony as well. it does feel pretty crazy though.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 2:08pm
I remember having those kind of movements with the twins and thinking the same thing.  I never actually asked my midwife about them and my babies were born fine.  Hopefully everything will be fine let us know what your midwife says about it.

Edited by kas
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 2:19pm
I have been having tihings like that too, I just assumed it was hiccups but it does feel weird sometimes. Just call the m/w to put your mind at ease but I am sure it will be fine!

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 3:41pm
yeah as Janine said i had those feelings too so yeah it sounds like a few of us had the same sensations and have gone on to have healthy bubbys.BUT....... If u r worried get it checkjed.ohhhhh just under 10 weeks to go!!! Exciting.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:29am
I had them with Caleb a few eeks before he was born, I freaked out and asked m/w she just said he was running out of room and couldnt get comfy.. he was born..prem and had prem related probs but no fits or anything like that hewas fine, but ask your midwife itwill put your mind at ease...
 Post Reply Post Reply