FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp with Venison

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Venison
    Posted: 26 June 2007 at 4:33pm
Ok couple of questions - Can i eat Venison while preg? I assume its ok so long as cooked though....

Second question - Say i can eat it cooked through what is a good recipe? Possibly a Stew or Cassorole recipe for a slow cooker that you would recommend.....
Sponsored Links

Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 5:33pm
I ate it and I was fine, but not sure of the receipes......
Harlan Drew DOB: 06.12.06 & Stepmum to Ethan & Christian, DOB: 25.02.99
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 5:55pm
i dont think venison is a good meat to cook for a long time.
check out this site here for some ideas and facts.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 6:14pm
If it is cooked well, there wouild be no prob. Venison is very lean and doesnt take long to cook so maybe you dont want to slow cook it.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 12:10pm
The best way to cook it is to sear each side in the pan for a few minutes, and then finish it off in the oven.
Cook it with a bit of bacon to prevent it drying out.
It its farm grown shouldn't have any problems.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 12:26pm
Venison is great in a slow cooker... you either have to cook it super fast (in steak style) or super slow (casserole or stew) to make sure it is tender.

Really good slow cooker recipe for Venison in the Joan Osborne book (if you can get hold of it)

Otherwise some form of casserole with red wine (don't worry about the wine, the alcohol with burn off with cooking)
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 1:13pm
Thanks all and yeah red wine cassorole sounds good to me. We got a gourmet meat pack from work last xmas and i hadn't cooked the venison yet cos i wasnt sure how to cook it.
 Post Reply Post Reply