FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBirth Care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bridgetbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Birth Care
    Posted: 05 September 2005 at 10:38am
what can you tell me about it? Is it free? Is there one in henderson? Whats the guts? Do i have to book in?
Sponsored Links

mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 11:47am
HI
Yip all care related to being preganant should be free, your gp can give you info, or look up midwifes in you local ph book and ring around and have a chat to them...
also 0800new mum or 0800new mums is a number you can ring or your local womens health?? some body please advice me on the correct ph number, i hope thats right... everybody on here has a lil bit more info than the last so just keep an eye and youll get heaps of help.. this is a great place to find out what you need to know... hope you enjoy it.. even what you may think is the most stupid random question ask away and somebody will alaways help..
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 1:26pm
they have a website:

http://www.birthcare.co.nz/

AnnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 3:37pm
Hiya...

I stayed at birthcare with Quinn, I delivered in North Shore and then transferred about an hour later. It is free if you share a room, you can stay for three nights but it costs to have a private room. I was lucky as there was no one in the 'other half' of my room! If you deliver there then a private room is free, but as it is not a 'hospital' there will be no epidural/pethidine pain relief, only gas or water and if there are any complications they will transfer to hospital!

They are VERY pro breastfeeding so if your not so keen it may not be fun. I don't think there is one in Henderson, as far as i know there is one in parnell and one in botany. I stayed in parnell and it is lovely, good food and really comfy!

Your midwife can book you in, not sure about doing it yourself tho?

Hope that helps?!
Anna and Quinn 10 July 2004
www.quinnariki.blogspot.com
and one more on the way....

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 4:51pm
I stayed in Parnell after Maya and loved it. I transferred 3 hours after she was born, and had a shared room (gutted that I found out later that my insurance would have paid for a private room!) but the ladies I shared with were really nice. Anna is right, they are very pro breastfeeding which was great for us, as we got it well established. My only gripe is that Maya had jaundice and they debated keeping her in under the lights but decided against it, and her paediatrician told me much later when she was 9 mths old that her bilirubin was still higher than average, and she should have had the lights.

My midwife gave me a form to send in, and signed the LMC part, and I also did my antenatal classes there, but they cost me $140.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 8:57pm
I stayed in birthcare with Angie. We went to the North Shore one which has closed now I think due to the revamp of North Shore hospital. I loved it. A lot of it was that when Angie woke in the night there was always someone there to sit with you and just chat while you were breastfeeding which was nice, esp at 4am!
bridgetbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridgetbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 11:29am
well thanks for all your help. It hapnes that because I like in Waitakere, and will deliver in Waitakere, I am not allowed to go to Birth Care in Auckland ( something to do with funding etc) That ok, cause there is a simlar facilty in Helensville which offers I think a better service ( double beds, single only rooms - no sharing, husband / partners stays first night) and its all free!!! Pretty pleased really.
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 7:04pm
Your midwife has probably told you but when Angie was born we got a car seat worth $300 for $25 because of the licensing trust or something. We got it from plunket and it was one that went from birth-4yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply