FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy babys A BABY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My babys A BABY
    Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:00pm
i really wanted to find out the sex of this baby... but ohhh nooooooo this baby dosnt want mummy to know, ive had 5 scans now where you can tell the sex but nooooo baby has a different idea, either we are breech, legs crossed or the cord is in the way..AAAHHHHHHHHH its making me crazy, well crazier than I was to start with... I have heaps of boy stuff and all my friends that have had babys recently have had boys, so theers heaps of blue cutie cute stuff, but if I have a girl I want all the real CUTIE CUTIE cute stuff for girls and all my friends want to know for my baby shower next weekend what colour to buy for.... how many people have wanted to know the sex and have had to wait, how did you cope???? With caleb we saw on the first scan..
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:20pm
I decided pretty early on the sex of jake...a little girl and just convinced myself I was right. i didn't go sa far to buy girlie clothes though, luckily.

Just pick a sex, and pretend you are right. Honestly I thought I would be disappointed with a boy, but once jake was here, i was just so happy i didn't really think about "oh no he's a boy" or anything like that.
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:35pm
I've been thinking heaps about whether or not to find out, but my partner and I have decided to wait, and when I have the baby he is going to be the one to tell me - by introducing me to the baby by name (we'll have a boy and a girl name picked out hopefully!!). Well, thats the plan at the moment anyway
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:35pm
Yeah I really want another boy and so does Andrew as he has 2 daughters already, but Im soooooo sure Im carrying a girl, ok this will sound so horrible but I have to get it off my chest, Im scared to have a girl with Andrew as I his youngest daughter is not cute at all,and im scraed our baby will look like her, maybe because im pregnant and when she is here she is so naughty and drives me, his other daughter is gorgeuos but we dont see her every week like the other one, am i a nasty person???? I feel like it, ive had nightmares also that our baby will look like his mother ahhhhh, must just be the hormones, god i feel like a B*&^H
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:39pm
I am having my baby shower on the 17th...I am looking forward to it. Just tell every one to buy white or tell them to buy other stuff instead of Cloths. My mum went and bought loads of cutie cutie white cloths from Baby factory and Pumpkin Patch. I am not really into pink so quite happy with white.

I think I had 4 scans before the baby decided to show her self....before that she had her legs crossed, laying on a funny way.....just wait for the next scan....if not....have a surprise!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:42pm
I am not scared but must admitt ...wont want her to look like his mum.....I dont think it is nasty...or B%$chy...I just think it is normal to feel like that.

But I also feel that no matter what my baby looks like, I will love her more than any thing on this world.

My hubby is convinced she will look like me......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 12:49pm
No matter wat our bump ends up being it will be loved but at the moment my hormones are taking over I think im such a b&^%h at the moment... hopefully I will get over it... and hopefully the nightmarers will stop haunting me
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 1:05pm
Judith, remember its got your genes in there too so may look like you!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 1:16pm
i remember i was petrified that my boy would look like my husbands first son. but i neednt have worried, he has some of his characteristics but mostly you dont see them.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 2:00pm
yep, have no idea where our girls get their looks from... lol there's bits of me and mike in there but mostly they are way off... must be from mike's mum's side... she's adopted so we have no idea about her family at all!
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 2:15pm
hehehe, I was really scared our baby would be ugly and noone would tell me but I think our Joey is the most beautiful baby in the world. I think once your child is here you just think it's beautiful no matter what.
Other people might not think he is cute but I do and that is all that mattes!!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 3:22pm
Lewis as a child had....excess body hair. i was a little worried about jake at first, but even though he had hairy ears, he was pretty cute

BTW the hair came off.

I think it's perfectly natural to wonder and hope what your baby will turn out like. also, i tend to think personality plays a HUGE part in deciding whether I think someone is goodlooking. I met this gorgeous guy once and then he opened his mouth......disgusting racist sexist comments, and got uglier by the minute.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 4:45pm
LOL anyone who has seen Willie will know why I prayed so hard that Maya wouldn't get his nose! (The real flat bush Maori nose hehe!). Well she only kind of did, she has a flat nose, but in a cute button kind of way (not that I'm biased or anything!). I totally forgot about my family's dominant big ears until my aunty commented when she saw Maya that she 'didn't have our ears thank god!'. Here I was too busy worrying she would look like Willie when it couldh ave been worse - she could have looked like me!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 2:15pm
i was also paranoid that my baby would be ugly! everyone always tells you they are beautiful and then behind the parents back are saying 'my god, did you see that ugly baby'!
jack is gorgeous, i think anyway!    
lizzle, i was sure i was having a boy because all i wanted was a girl!! i was right, at the scan we could VERY clearly see he was a boy and i remember the ride home in the car i cried, i was so disappointed!
but i got over that really quickly and now i love my wee man so much.
i'm so scared the next one will be a boy though and then i'll be faced with the tough decision of do we or don't we try for a girl 3rd time.....

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 3:51pm
hehehehehehehehehehehe hannah's got the maori nose too!!!!!!
i just used to think that it was a bit squashed and that she'd grow out of it but now i know who her father is it makes a lot more sense!!!

yeah, personality does play a huge part in how cute kids are as well as older people. smiley babies, no matter how unattractive their faces may be, are always cute!!! i can't wait to see what han is like as a little girl!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 5:05pm
gosh thanks so much I feel so much better now, But Andrews mum is a very scary looking women, and Im affraid to say it but his 2nd daughter looks alot like her and Andrews sister, Im sure Andrew was swapped at birth his sis looks just like his mum and his brother looks just like his dad, And well Andrew looks like non of them, maybe he got a good mix from both of them... my son is very much from my genes he looks like Hanson, I have pics of my sis's boy at ther same age and they look like twins and Calebs baby photots are very similar to mine but yes the poor child has some of his dad in him.. now that he satys with my mum when I do see him Im like god you look like your dad... but hes stilla lil Hanson so hopfully this bubs will be to.. my sisters and brothers have gorgeous lil girls... My mum really wantrs a girl because she want a "proper" grandaughter.. as my they have 12 gran kids alrerady an all the girls are from my sisters and brother that are from dads previous marriage.. and my twin sis has no babies yer and my older sis has a boy and isnt going to have any more... so id like to give her a girl but i just sooooo badly want another lil boy.. bringing up caleb has been such a wonderful forfulling time im scared a girl would be different... i must sound crazy..
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:00am
I'm currently terrified if I have a girl she'll turn out like me!!! Not looks wise (such a stunner!!) but personality. We'd be in HUGE trouble. I was such a little madam
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:58am
LMAO nikki - I thought you had writen SMELLY babies, not smiley babies

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 2:24pm
mmmm smelly babies not so cutie cutie.

hannah is definitely not cute when smelly. might have to train zeke to change nappies. he's not too impressed at the moment but i figure that i might be able to convince him that he should. we'll start with non-smelly naps
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 9:45pm
Hehe, Maya changes her own wet nappies. She is only in a nappy at night, and if it is just wet not dirty she takes it off herself in the morning when she gets up. Luckily she's not so keen on taking the dirty ones off herself.. yet
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply