FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMorning Sickness from Hell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morning Sickness from Hell
    Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:12am
Hey everyone. I'm suffering badly... Morning sickness, well, all day sickness, is absolutely knocking me for 6. I'm throwing up at the drop of a hat, can't handle smells of perfume, food, animals, cigarette smoke, alcohol, flowers...... nothing. Can anyone give me advice on what to do??? I'm not enjoying this at all!!
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
Sponsored Links

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:21am
OH Clare....

I never had morning sickness so I cant help, but I hope that it eases up soon....you poor thing!!!

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:23am
With my last pregnancy, I drank heaps of ginger ale. It really helped. This pregnancy it hasnt helped at all. As they say, every pregnancy is different.

kella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:39am
Ginger is meant to be really good for upset stomachs, anything from gingerale, ginger nut biscuits and even ginger tea, try something with ginger in it, it might help

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:58am
Yeah, I've got ginger tea which is ok, but its not helping too much. I will go and get some ginger ale at lunch time I think. I'm struggling, and finding it hard as I am not the kind of person who usually gets sick! It's hard feeling out of control
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:02am
I heard from some one on here and from people at my antenatal classes that if all fails try Acupunture (sp)...Apparently some of the ladies had really bad morning sickness and after that they were fine.

May be you can look into that!

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:07am
I had bad morning sickness too. I had to try and eat a dry cracker and drink some herbal tea before getting up in the mornings otherwise I was sick! I found the best thing for me was to eat often, not heaps because I know you sure don't feel like it but nibble on some dry bread regularly, it helped me. There were some days were i seriously couldn't physically move without throwing up though so I had to stay lying down all day. It got better after 4 months though!

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:23am
i had abit of sickness with jaske and as ana said, eat befotr you move. i think it's blood sugar getting low too. So i carried around lollies and sucked on one of those if I felt a bit sick. that helped me as well.
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:42am
Hi there. I have to put my 2 cents in too. I really bad all day sickness & I had it all the way thru right up to the day after giving birth, so I have tried everything that has been suggested. NOTHING worked but there were a few things that helped. Acupuncture helped to reduce the naseau but the only thing that I found to really help was to set my alarm for the middle of the night & make myself a sandwich. Crackers first thing in the morning, gingernuts as snacks, basically even though everything came up, the more I ate the less I felt sick. The worst thing is to throw up on an empty stomach thats for sure.
Sorry I don't know if that will help but I have been through the all day sickness & countless times ended up in hospital because of being dehydrated from not being able to keep down water so I know how bad it can get. Best of luck and I hope it subsides really soon!!
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 11:26am
I think I mentioned in another post how baaad my morning sickness was, and how I stupidly suffered thru it not knowing that there are things you can take to help. My GP toldme after Maya was born (a bit late I think!) that I culdn have taken some antinausea meds that are completely safe for baby, and that would have helped with throwing up all day every day for the whole pregnancy. So ifit gets really bad, don't be scared to go to your doc and ask for help coz you don't have to put up with it.

I did find lemonade iceblocks helped to keep my blood sugar up when I coulnd't keep any food down, and also I chewed Mint flavoured Extra chewing gum which helped with the acidy metallic taste you get in your mouth. I also tried a herbal remedy called MorningMed but that just made me throw up coz of the taste of it.

Good luck!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:15pm
O you poor thing! I found eating small amounts of bland food and often was helpful. Also trying to sip juice or frujus or similar to help with all the electrolytes you lose to try and prevent dehydration.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:31pm
*hugs* i feel for you!
have you tried the anti-nausea wrist bands? you get them from the chemist for travel sickness. i found these helped alot.

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:59pm
i sucked on lemonade iceblocks too which eased the nausea.it sux aye
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 9:21am
You girls are great! I'm trying a new thing today - crackers and orange juice first thing which seems to be helping - first day in 3 weeks that I haven't thrown up (so far!). I've got peppermints, raisins and sparkling duet all at hand for emergencies. Thanks so much for all your advice :-)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 9:37am
Glad you are feeling better!

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 9:50am
Yay, hope it carries on working!

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 1:51pm
Yay!! Glad your feeling a little better
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 4:20pm
No vomiting today! Yay!! And for the first time in 4 weeks I feel like cooking and eating dinner. My partner is going to be stoked!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply