FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGetting pregnant after coming off Depo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bidabu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bidabu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting pregnant after coming off Depo
    Posted: 14 September 2005 at 8:06am
Hi,
can anyone tell me how long it takes to get pregnant after you come off the depo (injection)
Sponsored Links

kella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 9:15am
I don't know exactly, my friend got pregnant while on the depo injection, but I would wait for my next period and count your 28 days and possibly chart your temperature every day just to make sure that you are ovulating, once you know that everything is working properly you can relax and just enjoy the practice. If everything doesn't seem to come right though I would go see my doctor. There is a great website www.fertilityfriend.com that is really helpful, it will be able to answer all your questions.

Good luck
Helen

lenabeanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabeanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 3:36pm
Hey there bidabu
I am currently on the Depo after having my daughter (unexpectedly while on the Pill). The nurse said that it can take 1 week - 1 year to get pregnant after the last Depo injection and for some people the effects of it can hang around longer then others. My advice will be to go see the Doctor/Nurse and see what their advice is. Good Luck
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 7:39pm
I was on the depo for four years, and after my last injection it took my period nearly 2 years to return. That could be because I was on it for so long tho.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Pepe4MrsTatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepe4MrsTatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 5:49pm
Re post #2, Fertility Friend, what can i say. they have shut down chat and message board facility for all non-paying members. would still be alright to use for the charting side, but don't look there for support
kella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 8:19pm
Yeah but I think oh baby is so much better anyway, because most of the people at fertility friend are american and I find there coversations hard to follow sometimes. I don't use the message board at fertility friend.
There is no major loss there.
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 7:59am
I know that there is a TTC forum on the bulletin board under www.everybody.co.nz. Should be good as it is NZ site...

tania4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tania4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 9:20am
Hi there
It took me 1 year to become pregnant after the depo this time,when the 2 times before that I got pregnant i hadnt even got my periods back
I think everyone is different.Keep trying and dont give up.
 Post Reply Post Reply