FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cezbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cezbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zzzzzzzzzzzz sleep please
    Posted: 17 September 2005 at 7:51pm
Hey there everyone, im a new mum to the site and i have a 2 year old and 4 mth old, im having no sleep well maybe a little but not enough to function, I had the same problem with my first son he was shocking waking every 1 hour, but i thought that since id been through that god wouldnt give me another one that doesnt sleep you would think that would be too cruel, but here im am yet again with a sleepless child he wakes about every 45 minutes and i know thats his sleep cycle and im trying to do everything i can but im not willing to do the crying thing does anyone have any advice please help me.
Sponsored Links

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 9:11pm
am sorry i can't help. i realised that last time, i picked paris up at every whimper. this time, we have done the controlled crying thing, Ayja has learnt to wait (as you'll probably agree, it's usually easier to deal with the older one first!) and i simply go back and check every few mins and re-settle Ayja. i know the difference between her crying to sleep and her crying because she isnt' gonna go to sleep. this has worked great for me. i do know where you are coming from with not wanting to let bubs cry though... cos after a long day dealing with both, and study and all that, the last thing i want is to leave ayja to cry and end up with PAris wakingup... but after the first few weeks, Paris learnt to sleep through it, and vice versa... if paris is packing a tantrum, ayja now sleeps through it.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

cezbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cezbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 6:36pm
well we went away for 3 days and they were both horrible sleepers, but now back at home its going a bit easier elijah gave me a 4 hour stretch last night and ben settled him as well for me to get some more sleep. i feel a bit better about the days ahead.
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 10:13am
cezbear - I know what you mean. My wee man is 5 weeks old today and I haven't slept for maore than 3 hours in a stretch since he was born! It is really starting to catch up with me and I am getting more and more grumpy and upset. I am just hanging out for this time to be over as I know it will be sometime. I just keep telling myself to stick it out and most of the time it's fine.
Here's to sleep!!

cezbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cezbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 1:03pm
I'm finding it hard because i have to be up all day with another one too. I remember when i only had one and i could sleep during the day and go to bed when he did but there is no chance of that now. i know that it only is supposed to last a short time but phoenix didnt sleep through the night till he was 18mths old and i dont think i can go 4 years without a full nights sleep.
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 2:53pm
This maybe of no relavince, my friend has a 5week old that wouldnt sleep during the night, was waking every hr for a fed, she has since found out that at night for some reason, she had hardly any milk, drs cant explain it... but during the day she is fine, so now she expresses during the day and gives him a bottle at night and for his one feed during the night and he sleeps 6hrs now. strange but obviously it can happen, she loves gettin the sleep now
cezbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cezbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 2:39pm
i tried the bottle thing last night and he still woke an hour after i gave it to him i think its a habbit thing my husband comes home from work and finds him snuggle up against me and i know that i should put him back to bed i will sleep better but he wakes more often out of habbit. argh
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 7:30am
Aaaargh, Joey is having a growth spurt (again) at the moment! Last night he only slept for one hour periods. He would wake up screaming want to FEEEEEEED then I changed his nappies (they were always full ) then back to bed (this process took about 45min each time) and then in an hour he would wake up again and ready for the next feed!! I am pretty tired today!! But he is soooo cute, sigh, I just can't get angry about it, LOL

Post Reply Post Reply