FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWW lunches for working mums/dads?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WW lunches for working mums/dads?
    Posted: 31 July 2007 at 8:37am
This is for those doing WW who are working too.

What do you do for lunch?

I'm finding the evening meal is fine because I've been using the cook books and pre-plan the week but trying to sort out lunches that can be made quickly/night before and will be ok to sit in a manky office fridge for a couple of hours really has me stumped!
Sponsored Links

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 8:45am
When I was on ww I use to make salad wraps or tuna on rice or a meat and salad sandwhich
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 9:19am
ham and salad sandwich or a salad were mine. You could do soup perhaps? Or I would sometimes get a fresh bread roll from bakers delite and have that with a banana, or anything with no points.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 9:23am
I am not doing weight watchers but I get soo sick of trying to think of exciting lunch ideas.  At the moment I am having fresh fruit with a couple of spoonfuls of greek yougart (I cannot stomach the diet stuff) and a few vita wheat crackers with marmite and a slice of chesdale cheese.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 9:28am
I'll sometimes make up lunches in the weekend to freeze....like a tuna bake, a pasta or rice dish or something like that.

Otherwise sammies and rolls.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 9:33am
We have those Tuna and Cracker Snakit's. It's a little tin of tuna (can get flavoured ones) and they come with a few crackers too. But we butter a couple pieces of bread and take them to work with the tuna, then come lunchtime you just need to put the tuna into the bread and there's your fresh sandwich. Could pop salad items in it too I guess. Then we eat the leftover tuna with the crackers.

One of my fav sandwiches is lettuce & marmite and it's really good pointwise for WW too.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Amber Amber wrote:

One of my fav sandwiches is lettuce & marmite and it's really good pointwise for WW too.

Is that a pregnancy craving? lol

I just went down to Foodtown (in search of exciting lunch ideas lol) and they have almost 1/2 price WW frozen meals, some only have 2 points!

So for lunch I'm having Beef Burgundy with a wholegrain roll YUM
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 10:59am
I was about to suggest frozen meals, good in winter too as nice and hot!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

Originally posted by Amber Amber wrote:

Is that a pregnancy craving? lol

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it We actually grew up eating them.
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 10:50am

I really need to do WW again but I'm not motivated at the mo. OH well maybe this will get me started.
Here are some ideas I used to do while I was working.

Salad - mixed lettuce, cucumber, feta, red onion, cherry tomatoes. Then take a can of either salmon or tuna and I always had a bottle of balsamic vinegar at work.

Bread roll and cup of soup.

Yoghurt and fruit salad (fresh or canned)or banana.

Crackers with cottage cheese and tomato (take your own sharp knife so tomatoes can be cut fresh.

I aways had arrowroot or gingernut biscuits to snack on it was about 1 point for 2 biscuits I think. It felt like I was getting a treat and really good for that 3pm sugar craving.

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:50am
Pak n Save have WW meals on special this week as well. I've been having those. I hate sandwiches. I buy those frozen meals - WW, McCains Healthy choice or Lean Cuisine and have one of those.

I got a recipe book out of the library and am going to make roast vege salad for next weeks lunches.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2007 at 9:07am
FYI - some of the Irvines or Watties frozen meals have the same number of points as the WW ones and can be much cheaper to buy (often 2 for $5). Or you could make extra dinner and take that for lunch either next day or freeze to take later in week.
If you have rice for dinner you could make some fried rice to take for lunch (not if you're preggers though!). YUM!
For a sweet treat at the moment I've been making WW jelly with canned natural fruit in it then I put some light yoghurt on top. Delish and 0 points on their new core plan so even better!
 Post Reply Post Reply