FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSleep Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sleep Issues
    Posted: 01 August 2007 at 3:48am
Not for Sam though! I am so jealous of him. He goes to sleep anywhere between 8 and 12 hours a night, every night and has been doing so for nearly a month now and yet every night when I get into bed, whether it's 8PM, 2AM, or anytime in between, I lay there for hours and hours. I don't have too much pressing on my mind, I'm not uncomfortable or in pain or worried about Sam, I just cannot get to sleep, hence why I'm on the net at 3:30 in the morning and eating vegemite toast. I don't feel that tired right now, but when I do get tired and go to lie down, I'm wide awake again!

Any suggestions for how I can get myself off to sleep, as I am finding during the day I am soooooooo tired that I end up half-heartedly playing with Sam and I'm sure he's thinking 'WAKE UP WOMAN!!'
Sponsored Links

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 7:56am
Nice Hot bath before bed?
No stimulants ie coffe or coke, Hot milk instead?
More exercise to tire you out?
Umm or the good old counting of the sheep?
Meditation?

Dont know aye but hope you get a good night sleep soon hun
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 8:17am
if you are in bed and cant sleep if you get up you make it worse. some people from another board were having good success with milky camomile tea before bed. but yeah no coffee/tea from about 4pm, a relaxing bath, maybe a book (always sends me to sleep) and no toast or computer in the wee small hours...!!!
or a bit of rumpy pumpy might get you to sleep...(that works for me too)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 9:13am
Rescue remedy works for me, I often have that prob after getting up to Daniel in the middle of the night.

And when I was preggers mum got me this spray stuff from the health shop called sleep well and that works great too
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 10:01am
Read a book that always makes me sleepy. If I read during the day I am known to fall asleep in my chair with the book still in my hand.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
tashzmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashzmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 12:47pm
i have always had insomnia. and df gets really peed off when i go to bed at the same time as him(like 830pm) and i spend like 6 hours tossing and turning.
i do find that if we have sex i pretty much fall asleep right after.or i just lie there and andjust focus on my breathing. i was told that counting sheep was bad cos it make your mind work with the counting(i got up to something like 15,000 sheep one night)where as if u just lie there and listen to your breathing your mind isnt working as hard because your breathing is something that your body does all the time.
i found that herbal teas and stuff never did a thing to help me sleep.
Natasha Jayde, 1-01-05(7lb3oz)
Caroline Elisabeth, 9-04-08 (4lb15oz)
Izabella Kate, 9-04-08(6lb7oz)
Lexi Brenna, 23-01--2011(6lb6oz)
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 1:46pm
I second the no caffeine after about 4pm thing - I can never drink a tea or coffee in the late avo and sleep that night.  If you're exercising, keep it to the morning, not the avo as that can hype some people up a bit.  Rescue Remedy have brought out "Rescue Remedy Sleep"... I can't wait to get my hands on some myself!  Oh yeah - and the net is GREAT for keeping people awake in the wee small hours!! 
Andie
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 4:01pm
There is a herbal tea - Sleep tea? that I used to take and found it worked.
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 9:00am
hey love, I have just posted a bit of this on our april/may thread but will put my 2 cents on here too.
Try hyponotherapy if you are into alternative things, worked for me.
also, if I am not asleep within an hour I get up and lay on the couch. I am usally asleep within 15mins and sneak back into bed around 5am.
Warm milk is supposed to help and also there are natural sleeping aids that you can get form health food shops
xxx

CorneliaFont236984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorneliaFont236984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2019 at 3:56am
Hello, I found this blog post really helpful. It helps us establish a sleep schedule for our babies.

https://baby-help.com/baby-sleep-schedule/

Post Reply Post Reply