FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKids table and chairs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kids table and chairs
    Posted: 01 August 2007 at 7:22pm
We would like to get Isla a nice wooden indoor table and chair set for her first birthday. Does anyone know where we can get one from?
TIA
Sponsored Links

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 7:40pm
I've seen them in toy shops
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 8:18pm
I have seen them at The Baby Factory.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 8:28pm
Thanks. Dont remeber ever seeing them at the baby factory. Maybe they have them at Edex Toys. Does anyone know?
We have no toy shops or baby shops here!
What about online?
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 8:37pm
TradeMe

The plastic ones from Warehouse are pretty good, and good price.
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 8:57pm
I'd get wooden ones, the plastic ones can tip over, Ella has done it before..it's worth investing in some a good quality wooden set, we are getting a lot of use of out ours!

We have some that DP's grandma made for DP when he was young. They are wooden and I've repainted them. Look on trademe for people that make them, try this link: table and chairs

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 9:46pm
Giddy Giraffe! I am soooo coveting one of their sets since I saw the gorgeous custom one Katherine had made for Emma Rose. And they are reasonably priced too, and Kim who runs it is lovely.
I can't really justify it tho coz I have a handmade set that a friend passed down for Maya that is still in perfect order.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 10:37pm
Oooooh, yes, I'll try to post a pic of her table and chairs -- we got them custom-painted by Giddy Giraffe (I told her what I wanted, she sent sketches and paint colours, then we met in the middle with the ideas and she did all the work) and the set turned out to be gorgeous. It was honestly worth every penny. The regular range are on their website for $150 (two chairs and a table) and the custom-painted ones are $200. I'm thinking of getting two extra chairs done up so she can have her little friends over for tea parties... ;)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 10:39pm
Ooooh, the gremlins will come for a tea party! I can't promise they won't try and steal Emma Rose's food tho, they are known to be food thieves...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 6:26am
This is another set I saw on TradeMe yesterday and thought it looked really good.

Trade Me Kids Table & Chairs
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 8:01am
Thanks everyone! Seen one on TM that is cool. Was expecting to pay around $150-$200 anyway, so will look at the Giddy Giraffe ones too.

ETA- Oh no! Just seen the Giddy Giraffe stuff! Want a matching chest of drawers too! Eeekk!

Edited by Kellz
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 9:28am
The gremlins have a Giddy Giraffe scotch chest and bookcase in Flower Sundae and Maya has a tall boy, bedside table and bookcase in Shabby Chic. I LOVE their stuff!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 10:18am

We brought Tyrell  wooden table & chairs, I shopped around a little. We ended up getting them from IQ Toys on line. Eddex toys do them as well, but I like our 1 as it has drawers underneath for storage.

I have to say I stayed away from Giddy Girafe as I would have gone crazy there. had to stick to some sort of budget

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 2:45pm
Amy, did you get the star design one with the storage bins? The IQ Toys site has this one and a Noahs ark one.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 7:18pm
Have showed DH, and he likes the choose your own design ones from Giddy Giraffe- so we are going to get Isla one of them with 4 chairs! Yay!
Thanks everyone for your help Dont tell Isla
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 7:28pm

Sorry just checked OB now, yeah we got the star design 1.
I had a laugh because everything I get for him seems to have stars on...poor child!

I am sure Isla will love it!

Post Reply Post Reply