FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSingle Bed...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lenabeanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabeanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Single Bed...
    Posted: 26 September 2005 at 10:21pm
Hey guys,

I know that the time isn't right yet but when have you or will you put your bubbas in a single bed? We are planning on #2 very soon (I am extremely fertile so have to time it right!!) and don't want to pay for another cot to use for 6 months...
Arna is starting to not stand up when she wakes up, lies there and talks to her sheepskin! Is this a sign that its nearly single bed time or not??
Is it best to put her in a single bed during the day while I can keep an eye on her? Then go from there?
Any ideas / tips would be great

Thanks
Sponsored Links

lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 8:09am
we took the side off Sophies cot at around 16-18 months I think.  Had pillows beside for a while as she would fall out sometimes.  She has just in the last couple of weeks moved into a big bed.  The benefit of using the cot as a bed for a while was that it's not too high.
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 10:42am
Maya went straight from a cot to a bed at about 18 mths. We had been away on and off for 3 mths so she had been sleeping in portacots, and in my bed with me, so when we got home I decided it was a good time to make the change. I just bought a railing for her bed from the Baby Factory, and apart from the novelty of being able to get out of bed for the first few days she was really good.

I must admit I have had mini heart attacks a couple of times when she has semi-sleepwalked out of bed and I wake up and sense someone in my room but can't see her in the dark!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 2:46pm
Xander was around 15 mnths and he went cold turkey n never looked back.we used the cot mattress on floor nxt to thev bed but he never rolled out.he never showed any signs we just decided to go ahead and do it.we did get a cool nemo duvet set so he had sumthin familiar (he loved nemo back then)
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 9:23pm
We moved Ella around 15 months.

She was fine. Started with a few day sleeps, then nighttime. We put the cot matress on the floor by the bed, and she fell out the first two nights, but wasnt hurt.

To start with, we were lying down next to her to get her to go to sleep, then she started playing us and pretending to be asleep, so when we left the room she would get up and follow us to the lounge! So we had to go cold turkey and shut her in her room to cry for a few nights (only took 15 mins to wear her out, then put her into bed), but it did the trick and she goes to sleep no worries
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 11:47pm
Xander is cute,he actually goes and basically puts himself to bed lol
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
HelenElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelenElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 12:16pm
We moved Chloe into a bed at 17months with no problems and since then has only fallen out once which didn't worry her too much. I think as soon as they can climb off a bed safely is a good indication that they can go into a bed. I have also been told that they can stay in a cot until they are attempting to climb out of it.
We made a big deal out of taking her shopping to buy a bed and bed spread then she helped put the bed together. She was so excited to sleep in a bed like a "big girl" that we had no problems. But she did get a little bit emotional seeing "her" cot get put up in the babys room.
AnnaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 1:45pm
Hey guys...

Quinn is fifteen months and i don't think he'd be ready for a big boy bed at all!! Are there 'signs' to look for?

TA!!
Anna and Quinn 10 July 2004
www.quinnariki.blogspot.com
and one more on the way....

k&jsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k&jsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 8:04pm
i put keegan into a big bed at 20 mths cold turkey as he was climbing out of his cot into jaidyns and waking him. i tried a safety sleep for a few nights but he hated it and once i took that off he was fine and jaidyn followed a month later as i still had to get the mattress for his bed. they both handled it well apart from the odd fall ( had pillows by bed for them to land on) im lucky too as there beds are really low. i have a friend who had to move her 16mth old to a bed and had been using a safety sleep prior as she had a new born that needed the cot. she just bit the bullet and went for it. but i had all the same concerns about trials in bed during the day etc in the end i just had to take the cot down as i couldnt fit 2 cots and 2 beds in their room so once the cot was down there was no turning back!!
Marlene
Keegan ~ 14 October 2003
Jaidyn ~ 14 October 2003

HelenElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelenElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 9:15am
I found that the best 'sign' is when they start climbing out of their cot. We moved Chloe straight into a bed after the first time I caught her with one leg over the rail of her cot. I don't think you need to rush moving up to a bed unless you need the cot. I would have left Chloe in her cot as long as possible, it's just so much easier than having them just get up whenever they please.

However when he does go into a bed they have those safty rails that clip onto the side of the bed to stop them falling out. I didn't use one but some friends of mine have and said it gave their little ones a bit more scurity so the big bed wasn't such a shock.
Teenmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teenmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 6:39pm
I placed marshall into a single bed he didnt like it he prefered a double bed which i had so i didnt mind, as soon as he could left his leg to climb out of his cot thats when i moved him and hes been there ever since and loves it.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 7:40pm
I went be shopping with my mum and was surprised that often doubles and singles are the same price!!!! at Big save in Palmy the single was more expensive!!! The only prob is you can't get cool kiddy duvet covers in double sizes...
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 11:05am
KMart have some cool duvet covers in doubles, Bob the Builder, Bratz, Barbie... They are more expensive tho.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
paigesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 4:04pm
Paige was 10 months old when she went into and single bed she kept waking herself on the cot so I took the legs off the single bed to make it lower and she never fell out, I've been lucky she's always gone to bed well!
Karen.

Post Reply Post Reply