FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChris Kahui

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 1:13pm
Ok, who was supposed to watching the kids - I mean the twins and the 1year old, because they obviously weren't!!

Why can't a mum go out for a day if she believes her children are going to be in the care of a responsible adult (albeit she was mistaken to leave them with their father). Memba mother's need time out too.

Apparently there was more than 1 adult in the house that knew one of babies had stopped breathing why didn't they call an ambulance? Why wait for the mother to get home????
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 2:00pm
OK, so I'm in a bit of a tricky situation here coz I know Chris' mum's family and have met him a few times, albeit a long time ago. I used to live with his Mum's sister. But knowing the family, and lso the spokesperson the family used at the time it happened, I'm inclined to be a bit cynical about what I read in the news. What happened to those babies is an absolute tragedy, but I think there was almost certainly more than one person involved, and that all concerned, the babies' mother included, let them down seriously and put them in a position where such an awful thing could happen. As 28 weekers they were barely past their due date when they died, that makes them even more fragile and prone to injury/illness than full termers, and they would have required an even greater degree of care than a normal baby of the same age, and clearly this wasn't provided for them.
I agree, Chris Kahui has made some bad decisions, and done said some dumb things, but I'd hazard a guess that he's not the most intelligent of people and the media do have a way of spinning things to suit their own agenda.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 2:57pm
I can see your tricky situation there Emma, I was like that a few years ago when there was a very high profile case in Palmy and you just see some of the things in the media and you know that they are so blown out big time.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by mummy_becks mummy_becks wrote:

I can see your tricky situation there Emma, I was like that a few years ago when there was a very high profile case in Palmy and you just see some of the things in the media and you know that they are so blown out big time.

Dontcha just love those journos?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 4:13pm
i'm just cynical and i newver believe anything i read
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12