FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hows the working from home going? Any tips?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User231448 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote User231448 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hows the working from home going? Any tips?
    Posted: 01 April 2020 at 11:31pm
Hi
For those of you working from home during the lock down, how are you finding it?

I don't normally have my children home with me during the day (they're school age) so I usually work in relative peace. For me, the tip I've picked up that has been most helpful is to have a routine - when the kids know that at 10am we stop for morning tea or at 4pm we go for a big walk, I find I can defer(most) interruptions to the timetable. Having a stopwatch so they can see (without constantly asking you) how long till they get to have a book read, or help with the lego creation helps.
That and giving yourself a HUGE amount of grace, and sometimes just stopping for that big cuddle (that you need too!) helps   

I can see that would work for older children - but has anyone else have tips that are working for if you have toddlers roaming and causing chaos!
Sponsored Links

sophie253812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophie253812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2020 at 3:56pm
yes i'm also working from home as a mother. it is a super convenient mode to carry carrier and brought up of kids along. but stay awake at night and work online. don't forget to visit us to buy best portable baby swings.
 Post Reply Post Reply