FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPredicting your baby’s gender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Predicting your baby’s gender
    Posted: 10 November 2005 at 11:11am
Out of the weird dreams topic I noticed a few mums had correctly predicted their baby's gender. How many of you did? And, for those of you with older kids, did they guess right?
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 11:18am
For myself, I correctly predicted both my kids. Kiya changed her mind regularly, but overall thought I was having a girl.

I knew my little sister was a girl, even though Mum was sure she was having a boy!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 12:19pm
I predicted a girl, oct 18th when i was pregnant with jake.....wrong and wrong. I have now learnt to shut up about my "predictions"...
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 2:22pm
lol i used to have dreams - and correctly predicted my nephews and nieces... same sisters each time - and both were preggers at the same time.. (i have 2 nephews aged 10, and 2 nieces aged 8) first time i had a dream i was looking after 2 little boys in carseats at a shop.. and hello they both had boys a few months later.. next time, and it sounds morbid.. but i dreamt there was a fire at my sisters house and we were all staying and i went into the room and grabbed two little girls from the cot and rushed outside.. and scarily enough, both of them ended up having girls.

for my own kids, i dunno, a month or so before i got preg with paris, i had a deam i was in a garden with 2 children who i felt were mine.. one was a girl with big blue eyes and curly blonde hair, and the other, i thought was a boy, but didn't really get a good look. then i get preg, and all the way through was sure i was havinga gril - and out comes paris.. who now has the big blue eyes and curly hair and looks just like this kid in my dream except hair is brownish not blonde. with ayja i thought it was a boy, cos of my dream and cos everything was different.. till we found out at the scan - then i was like "what????" who knows

My older sister reckons she's had dreams where i have got 3 kids... but she's nuts i think lolol, cos that won't happen in my lifetime.. well, not planned anyway.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 2:31pm
does anyone think there's any truth in the boy/girl heart rate thing? i have always wanted a little girl and when i got pregnant i thought, na, it'll be a boy. when i heard the heartbeat for the first time and the midwife told me the heart rate, i was a little disappointed and then the scan just confirmed everything...no mistaking what i saw sticking out on the screen
by the following day i was over it and wouldn't change jack for jackie anyday

has anyone ever had a boy with a heart rate over 150-160 or a girl below 150???

98765 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 4:52pm
My babys heart rate is always under 150 scan lady was 99% sure baby is boy

www.jackkeith.blogspot.com
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 9:17pm
I just checked my notes and Joeys heart rate was always under 150...

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:16pm
I had a high heart rate, and I got monitered every 2 or 3 days in the last month, usually over 150, although sometimes not. I was sure it was a girl, my m/w said the old wives tale is high heart rate usually means girl. Didn't in my case, though!
I have to admit, though, although I told everyone I thought we were having a girl, deep deep down I knew it was a boy.
A friend of mine who is a nurse said to me go into a kids clothes stop and pick up the first outfit you are drawn to without thinking, and thats what you are having, intuition... I always went boy (even though I fought it!!) I even had boys names picked first. I think you just "know"...
P.S Im RAPT I had a wee boy, I really wanted one!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:33pm

Xanders heart rate was always around 140ish and was up round 160 one vist.

Harmonys rate was pretty much the same and her highest was 155bpm.So much for girls having faster heartbeats lol

i dont think that it is a reliable gender prediction.id go by the scan IF sonographer says 99.9% certain.

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 8:19pm
I told everyone I wanted a girl even though I thought I was having a boy. Had his name picked out before we even found out & sure enough the scan said he was a boy.
This time around I have a girl's name picked up but I'm just not sure. Still telling everyone I want a girl because I really really do.
Maybe I will get some intuition in a few weeks time once I'm further on.......Or I will just have to wait for my scan!
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 2:02pm
Hi everyone! Hope you are all well Things have been a bit hectic - I had some bleeding on Tues morning so have been at home with my feet up, but all good, no cramps or anything. Just wanted to comment on the heartbeat thing - our baby's heartbeat has been round 150 - 155 bpm each time, and when I was having a scan on Tues morning to make sure all was ok, bubs decided to open it's legs just at the wrong minute (we really didn't want to know what we were having!!!), well, looks like it's a girl!!!! I'm stoked!! Was really wanting a girl
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 2:17pm
Yay a little girl!! Hope you are better now sunflower!!

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 3:41pm
YAY FOR YOU!
Put your feet up and don't over extend yourself. Look after yourself and that wee bundle!
Take care!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 7:39pm
congrats!! I have my first appointmnet with my midwife tomorrow so am kinda hoping we "accidentally" find out the gender.
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 8:11pm
I don't know about predicting, but the genetic odds are leaning heavily towards a girl for us. My fiance has three brothers, who have all had girls so far, and my birthmum had two girls. But who knows, I could be the black sheep - baaa !

Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 1:30pm
Yeh im confused i have no idea corys family is mainly boys and my side of the family is mainly girls so who knows but dont they say the men make the decision Im not to fussed either way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 2:07pm
my family is mostly half n half and dean's family is mostly boys. he has 2 brothers and they both have daughters only and i'm the only one to have a boy
i knew that would happen though, there's always hope for the next one aye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 2:08pm
just re-read my post and the last bit sounds horrible! don't get me wrong, i would never swap jack for jackie anyday!!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 3:04pm
lol. our family is a family of girls - and yet each of us has had a boy first.. and boys have dominated... until me - lolol.. I HAD to be different - and had a girl first, and then another girl. he he he, always knew i was special , nah i just picked the right partner.

My little sis has just found out she is having another boy - so once that baby is born - there will be 13 grandchildren, only 5 of them girls. i have 2, another sis has 2 (also has 3 boys though) and my other sis has 1.

mike was one of only 2 boy grandchildren on his side until a few years back when there has been another 2 added, but up till then, only girls

Yep Jezsika - it's the man who decides the baby's gender, cos he can either have X (girl) sperm or Y (boy) sperm.. us girlies are only XX.. so it doesn't matter what is on your side, it's picking the right partner.. lolol. there's alot to be said for meeting their family
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 3:37pm
went to the midwife today and bubs heartbeat was usually under 150....boy again????? I have no idea. am having a scan in a few weeks so will try and look. Then again, i thought jake's head was an arm in his sonogram so the chances of me correctly identifying genetials is slim to nil.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>