FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat’s in the crockpot today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:18am
Oh and on Sunday I did stewed apple

It was demolishous Slightly on the too sweet side for me so will use less sugar next time.

Sponsored Links

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 10:23am
Cassies Casserole in there today. I'm a bit skeptical that it will taste nice, such a concoction of ingredients!
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 8:07am
Yesterday was beef goulash with parsley dumplings - thank you to whoever mentioned here how to do dumplings in crockpot
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 9:55am
Maggi GF Lamb Casserole packet, tomatoes, diced beef, potatoes, carrots.
bex88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bex88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 1:38pm
Just a good old corned beef for me today!!!!! Must get into using mine more again.
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 12:41pm
I did corned beef the other day and it was... average. I chucked it in with carrot, onion, black peppercorns and bay leaves, but felt like something was missing. It wasn't as tender? How do you do yours?
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 11:36am
I don't think corned beef comes out as well in the slow cooker as if you do it on the stove top. DH hates it, so not like I get it anyway but I think that is one thing that needs to be done the old fashioned way.
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 5:48pm
Corn beef with brown sugar and vinegar....yummmm.

Athough sick household, tonight tea is lemonade jelly
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 6:57pm
I normally add either brown sugar or golden syrup too. Mine's always moist and yummy. I've also cooked it in half a bottle of ginger ale, that was really good!
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 1:49pm

I have a question for the crockpot gurus.  I'm in between crockpots at the moment but just found a recipe for Dahl that I'm keen to try (not a crockpot one).  Does anyone make it in a slow cooker - and do you think I could just modify the recipe I have if it's a good one?  It occured to me that I would probably be yummy having been cooked slowly all day since it's the kind of thing that is better the next day.

kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 5:59pm
Pork and peaches from alison holsts book. Yum especially as pork chops were on special this week.

happy mumma try googling it and see what the difference is between your recipe and the slow cooker ones on the net. From what I have experienced with things like this that less water or liquid is added when meat is involved. Not sure for lentils etc. That is less than when bubbling on the stove. I spose with the lid the water doesn't evap as fast.
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 2:40pm
Corned beef - white sugar, white vinegar, bay leaves, pepper corns, onions, cloves.

Pork and peaches sounds nice. What do you serve it with?
Mum to two wee boys
kiwi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 10:03pm
We did mac and cheese as I had run out of potatoes and rice. Mashed potatoes are good with it. And we had broccolli as that is a staple vege that all the kids love. The pork and peaches are lovely. I grew up with dried out chops in the oven. Slow cookers are great to have moist and flavourful chops.
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 11:54am
OMG I can't believe I forgot the sugar and vinegar!!! Next time.

happymumma, I've done curries and bean things in the crockpot, and always worked fine. You just have to adjust the amount of liquid. And also some beans, esp red kidney, do need to be boiled as temps in crockpot are not high enough to kill the toxins. (Only found this out the other day).
Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 3:02pm
Just got a heap of idea from this thread so will add one in return . We have our crockpot out several times a week, I would have been lost without it since DS was born nearly a year ago.

In mine today:

Diced chicken thighs
diced kumara
diced carrot
half an onion
tin of Campbells chicken soup
1/2 tin creamed corn
1c chicken stock
some thyme from the garden
garlic

Will be thickened up with some cornflour later on. It's pretty much from Alison Holsts book but I'd run out of potatos so used kumara instead and the creamed corn got chucked in as it needed using up.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 12:44pm
this is the first time i have had mine out this winter what with moving and everything...

it has a corned silverside in it.   later i will put some potatoes and carrots in it too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 12:59pm
pumpkin, Kumara, carrot, evap mik, green thai curry paste. Will add chickpeas when I get home and have it with rice.
Mum to two wee boys
LizzieP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LizzieP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 1:03pm
Beef, onion, soy sauce, worcester sauce, sweet chilli sauce, carrot, oregano and paprika. Will have with mashed spuds and home grown silverbeet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 2:57pm
Can someone point me in the direction of Cassie's casserole?
Mum to two wee boys
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Flissty Flissty wrote:

Can someone point me in the direction of Cassie's casserole?

its on page 2... but here tis:

Sausages (put them into the slow cooker on low).

Then in a pan heat up
Baked Beans
Tin Chopped Tomatoes
2 unpeeled apples
onion
curry powder
Pour it over the sausages.

Slow cooked for 7hrs OMG it was sooo good.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>