FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPaula Bennett

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by caitlynsmygirl caitlynsmygirl wrote:

....im neither here nor there about big butts either ....

I tend to prefer Big Butts, because I have a big one Nice singing by the way much more in tune than mine (as much as you can be in tune for that song) LOL

Sponsored Links

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 10:58pm
I have a small butt, but my friend has a lot of junk in the trunk and dances so well to Baby Got Back it's awesome. Guess what I'll be singing when I try to get to sleep tonight (thanks Kelly )
Hayzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 11:47pm
I thought you put it really well Emz. Well done!
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 12:00am
Offtopic

Baby got back , is Caitlyn's favourite song ....omg! im a terrible mother !

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 7:11am
Could be worse Kelly, she could be singing
"all the boys and all the girls are begging to if you seek Amy" down the supermarket aisles!
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 7:35am
emz, I enjoyed reading your post, very well put.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 9:30am
Totally agree, Emz.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 10:08am
Well done, Emz!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 10:14am
yeah i think the whole benefit and allowance system needs an overhaul... shall we put it all to rights now...

interesting to note that i never heard a word in the news about this whole thing yesterday at all!

kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

yeah i think the whole benefit and allowance system needs an overhaul... shall we put it all to rights now...

interesting to note that i never heard a word in the news about this whole thing yesterday at all!

Fortuicious timing re the expenses being released to the media, don't you think?

Edited by kiwisj
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 1:43pm
well written emz
susie
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 8:03pm
Well written Emz....

I've got an ouch the same size as you. Back from the days when interest was added.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 10:51am
I don;'t have a problem with solo Mum's that have found themselves in a situation that is tough I do have a problem with them earning more then my hubby wages and then complaining they can hardly makes ends meet so yeah I think these woman put themselve in the lime light for compaling publicly and Paula only did what needed to be done those woman a racking it in while alot of us are really struggling.   I would not have a problem with people knowing my WFF or what I do with it.    Sometimes makes me wonder how much more I could be getting on my own and it should not be that way a solo Mother should not be earning more then a family who are working their 40 hour's its just not fair.

ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 10:53am
Originally posted by fattartsrock fattartsrock wrote:

Totally agree, Emz.

ditto

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 3:34pm
I don't agree the ladies income should of been mentioned but they also needed to be aware that they have put themselves out there that things may come up (and to me shows a bullying tactics the government would use)

I know people NOT on the DPB and a single parent working their 'ar##' off so not to be on the DPB and some of that reason is not to be labeled or cataorgised - my answer to them is its there to be used as an in between.

haven't read too much into the 2 ladies situations and won't even comment there - but getting back onto topic some what the tIA (which is funny cause at work the TIA = thoughts into action )

I also knew of a girl when I was with my ex partner and we were both studying (getting less money than if we sat on our butts doing nothing) and as I said there was this girl on my course - it was her 3rd time on the course - she was getting it all paid for by WINZ as was on DPB - doesn't have to pay it back UNLESS she earned over a certain amount - and her reply to this - I am never getting a job so I willnever have to pay it back - NOW that type of person is what anonys me not the ones who are truely using the TIA to get out of the situation they are in.

I have been on the DPB myself and it was a means to an end - I needed it until i could earn for my children and I.

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 5:46pm
I don't think those two women are getting ALL their money from the DPB alone, as someone else said I think they were also recieving sickness benefits for their children , and possibly accomadation allowance or something .
I don't know that anyone on the DPB alone would get close to $500 dollars .

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 5:57pm
I guess the point was that they're complaining they don't get enough, when they are getting more than a lot of others.

I think entitlement to the TIA should be a case by case basis, which is seems it is and these ladies aren't getting it.

If they want to get an education and improve themselves, then why can't they do it with student loan and allowance the same as everybody else, don't see what being on the DPB has to do with it actually.

The OP was whether Paula Bennett should have disclosed the incomes of these two women, at least that's what I thought it was about.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 10:28pm
Must admit when I was on DPB I was getting round $330 and the student loans had interest on them (not that i agot a training allowance anyhow) so times have changed in that respect too.

ETA: just checked on OP and it was opinions on the TIA being scrapped , think this thread has gone way off topic, then back on then off again LOL

Edited by Chickaboo

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2009 at 8:16am
I was very fortunate that I received the TIA ten years ago when I was on the DPB... My benefit was $300 plus $90 (ish) for TIA.... My daycare costs were $70 after my subsidy, rent $180, petrol $40, plus food power and phone and the rest...

I couldn't have done it without the TIA! I still had a loan to cover fees and $1000 course costs... That is all I could get a loan for as you can't get the living costs on a benefit so it would have been impossible to study without it. As a single mother my living costs were much higher than all the other students I knew as it's not easy to flat with people when you have children. Most people who I studied with lived in shared accommodation and paid probably a third of the rent I paid. Plus shared other costs such as phone and power. Then of course there is the daycare costs which I understand are more heavily subsided these days but I was paying $70.

As soon as I completed my undergraduate degree I got off the benefit and worked fulltime to support us. I have since gone back to do a masters and Phd (both self funded) and found studying whilst in a relationship soooo much easier than when single... I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for the TIA... I am soooo grateful I was lucky enough to get it as it really helped me get off the benefit which I understand is the purpose of it....
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 3:08pm
Freckle - now THOSE are the sorts of stories of the people that I know who accessed the TIA and are why it should still be around to cater for those studying at tertiary level and not just limited to under level 4 quals.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>