FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYoung mums living in wgtn/kapiti coast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young mums living in wgtn/kapiti coast
    Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:57am
Hey, im a 19 year old mum to be. Due in october, none of my friends are pregnant and i don't no anybody thats pregnant! Im looking for youngish girls in the wgtn/kapiti coast area that are maybe keen to meet up n chat? I find there are so many things i want to talk about but not enough ears to listen
Sponsored Links

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:17pm
Good on you. Sadly in in chch so cant really help in the meet up sense but you could feel free to PM me with any questions. Im 19years old, my son is almost one and im pregnant with my second baby, due in december.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 12:44pm
I didn't know you are 19 Kyla (sorry to threadjack) I assumed you were my age lol. Goes to show how much having kids can make you seem wise beyond your years

Edited by lisa85

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:15pm
lol Everyone thinks im way older than i am. People always have. I was a real teenage mum lol got pregnant at 17 Had already done one year of my ECE deploma though and felt a lot older than i actually was. Dh and i have been together since we were 15 and were engaged when we got pregnant - well no ring but had set a weddding date lol. I often have to remind myself that im still quite young lol.
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 3:53pm
I thought there would be heaps of young mums in the Wellington/Kapiti area, especially Kapiti, its just that kinda place

Where abouts are you from?

I too am a young Mum. I was 19 when I had my first and have since had a second, no longer pregnant anymore though.

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 4:40pm
I'm semi young Lol, well I think I am lol, I'm 23 and in the Hutt Valley. Like you though most of my Wellington friends aren't pregnant or have kids... I have a couple of friends from when I lived in Masterton but dont get to catch up with them very often. Welcome to Ohbaby and maybe look at joining in the due in thread I've found that age doesn't matter too much around here everyone just gets along

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 5:52pm
I am the same age as Bex and am in Wgtn... Im not technically PG but hope to be soon! ( I was PG but MC and so TTC again ) so if that helps I am keen to meet/chat what ever... None of my friends are even remotely thinking about babies, so I know how you feel!

+1 May 09 Angel
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 10:56pm
I am on the kapiti coast, living in te horo, but im an oldie by your standards........although i do come with some wisdom as i had my first when i was 19, second when 28 and now im having my 3rd......and im 33.........and theres big difference between having one young and having one now........some good and some bad......

Im keen to start going to some sort of mothers groups up this way to meet more mums as i havent lived up this way for long, but since im not going to antenatal i dont know how i would meet any.......will talk to my MW when i see her next, and of course when im not working, i will have the time to actually go to coffee mornings.......

Good luck berg, hope you find some young people with young babies, there should be some around, not necessarily all on OB, but i wouldve thought the demographics around the coast werent as young as they used to be with lots of "older" people moving up this way now to start families......one place you are still guaranteed to find young mums is Wainuiomata......LOL

Check out down in pram the local womens centre, behind the library, they will have a contact for a young mums group around..........

See us oldies arent completely useless....
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 12:29pm
Haha i don't mean young as in 15, i consider myself an "old" 19 year old. I was living in wellington but moved home (which is otaki) when i found out i was pregnant. I've talked to my midwife and she was no help at all! But like you chickielou i don't really know anybody around here, although i'am going to antenatal classes nothing has come of it yet! But from what i know there are no mothers groups around this area, will have to venture down to pram!
Yeah, just when all of your friends are at uni and doing things, they don't really have the time to accommodate a pregnant girl anymore! But it would be lovely to have somebody that i could go baby shopping with that wouldn't get bored!! :D
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 12:00am
If you have no luck getting together a meet up in Kapiti, I have organised one over Johnsonville way. It's tomorrow though. But if that goes all good and we are having another meet up I'll try remember to give you a message on here and let you know if we have another one.

So far my friend (Sharlene28) and Chickielou who are both from Kapiti are coming tomorrow. As there seems to be no meet ups in Kapiti.

So hopefully we will organise another soon and you are totally welcome to come.

If you think you can make it, it is at 10am tomorrow/Saturday at Queue Cafe in Johnsonville.

But it is pretty short notice, so if you can't make it, I understand. There will be another one

Edited by escadachic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 5:23pm
If you are interested, there will be a meet up in Porirua at Denny's at some point, with others from Kapiti coming too.

CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 7:10pm
I am on the coast, not a young mum tho (am 30). However, am keen to catch up once I stop working. I think there have been some Wellington Mum's meet ups - and talk of one at Lindale. Maybe we should take the bull by the horns and organise one!?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 10:29pm
I'm still waiting to hear back about who else is keen for a meet up at Denny's. So will update once that gets organised.

Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 10:17am
That would be great (sorry was a bit late checking this for the saturday one) but lindale sounds good to me. Its a nice place too. Is there other threads for the lindale one??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 12:24pm
Berg19: Are you interested in coming to the Porirua one once organised?

Edited by escadachic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 12:25pm
CuriousG: You are welcome to come to the next one in Porirua once organised if you like.

Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 2:08pm
Sounds good too me escadachic. Just keep me informed about what dates etc..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2009 at 11:57pm
Ok so go here: http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27762&PN=1&TPN=3

I have made a start on arranging things. Just getting everyone who is interested to let me know if any Sunday's this month don't suit.

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 5:55pm
Hey guys my names Nicole and I'm 19 and 16 weeks 4 days pregnant, due in Feb 2010
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 12:27pm
Heya i am a young mum at 18. I am not pregnant anymore but know what you mean about friends not having any time for you. Once i got pregnant it seemed my friends were no longer interested in me so would love to make some new ones in my situation. I live in Porirua.

Sorry one handed typing so hope this makes sence haha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>