FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 926927928929930 1037>
Author
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:44pm
Tishy - is that the park opposite the school and next to the community centre? If it is then, yes it rocks. We went there just before Christmas with my Tuesday cg and it was really good. That was about the last really hot day we had .

Char - we should be here that weekend - have no idea what our plans are at the moment. I am too focused on the next wee .

We ventured out today for a fluffy - not too bad. Sophie had an accident as we got home. She was so focused on be stroppy and not walking in from the garage that she let it all go. But she is starting to get the idea. She knows when wees or poos are coming and keeps sitting down but won't stay still. She is like a yo-yo. She can hold on for ages (almost 2 hours), she just hasn't figured out how to stop holding on . Amy was dry again all day .

Hi to everyone else *waves*

Sponsored Links

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:58pm
Jaycee, I was informed tonight that it's actually called 'Central Park' it's beside the tennis courts on Brooklyn. They have a flying fox for the big kids, I'm itching to go back with DH so he can mind the kids while I have a go

We went to another one this arvo (Houghton Bay Road) which they loved as well. All that swinging has tired them out and I got a 2.5hr nap today from them and not a peep when we put them to bed!

That's great today went well with the TTing

Oh and Bobbie, I agree with the logic of a baby can't over indulge. I was informed this by a Paed too so it must be right
Oh but what I did find was that windy babies tend to drink lots more.

I haven't thought about the girls birthday yet, I have 2 books that I have for them but other than that still thinking. I like LFs idea of the $2 shop!
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 8:23pm
We got josh a big swing set my parents got him a bike its just a bit too big at the moment. My sis got him a kids BBQ and oh my was that the fav pressie or what! That and the electronic drum set my grandparents got him. Got a fair bit of playdough as well and some other bits. Oh and a 2011 rugby world cup jersey.

Yay for the TTing going really well with at least 1 child sounds like sophie is doing really well tho considering the age differences.

We need the extra WFF $ so just over estimate our earnings so we get some each week and still get some paid back at the end of the year

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:27pm
Yeah we need the WFF weekly too, I kind of thought that was the point of it all. We over-estimate too though by about 2k just to be safe (and no payrises for either of us this year so we should get a small amount in July).

JC - well done to your girls on the TT front! Jack has just clicked about when he needs to go (would do it when he wore nappies, but only today since he's been in undies for a week). He now tells me he needs to go toilet or just randomly yells out poos or wees. We go to the toilet but I think he's a bit scared cos it usually happens as soon as we put his undies back on. I still think he's doing pretty well though and can go 2-3 hours sometimes (other times he can go 2-3 times in an hour lol). He has started holding on during naps too, he's only had 1 wee during naps for a whole week now. Yay! I must say washing wet undies is a lot easier than separating, washing, drying and folding nappies
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:29pm
I haven't been to Central Park but I know that it has just been done up - it used to be really nasty there. Lots of drunks and homeless hung out there. The one I was at is up by the shops, behind the cinema on Harrison Street. The Houghton Bay one is really nice too. It is good having the huge grassy area too. The park by the Khandallah summer pool has just been done up, not sure if I like it, but they have kept the flying fox - Amy is a big fan .

We have got Sophie a Mocka running bike *note to self* construct bike soon to check that we have all the correct bits!!

Sophie is doing well - I have to keep reminding myself that it is only day 3 and she is dong well. She loves her undies - she keeps looking at them and saying "undies" - oh, and she is a bit mixed up with some of the terms. She is mixing up the words for wees and poos but she calls poos *horribles* only she says *hob-ib-ul* (my fault as I was changing her nappy a while ago and said, "oooh, another horrible" a Sophie echoed the word back and it has stuck

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:38pm
We could really use WFF weekly too TBH but like Freesia, I worry too much about getting in a situation of having to pay it back if DH gets a bonus or a payrise. So we manage on a tight budget through the year instead. That's why I hate when the car goes bung

Ooh Mocka bikes are cool. Lucky girl!

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:47pm
Oooh might have to go check that park out on Friday. I've heard good things about it before too I think.

It's funny here because when the girls want to sit on the toilet they say 'Big Girl'. So when they see Daddy on the toilet they say 'Daddy, big girl'.
I'm still undecided to keep reminding them that Daddy is a 'big boy' or just introduce the phrase 'Big girls blouse' [

That's great Jack is catching on. Sounds like you might get naps sorted at the same time!
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:53pm
love the "Daddy, big girl" call *giggles*.

Emz - i forgot to say how cr@p that is about the other driver. I hope they front up soon. Also I just saw your vent and had a smile - we are the same. It always seems to be a good idea for DH to have some extra leave but not always in reality. He only went back on Monday and I think he was quietly pleased to go back (and very pleased that I am the stay at home one )

RIght - bedtime. I am sure tomorrow will be another long day. We may even brave a trip to the park (with potty )

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

So we manage on a tight budget through the year instead.

Same, we just don't have the money spare for when things go wrong. And I hate relying on something that the government could easily take away also, it freaks me out to budget that into things. I like to think of it as a nice bonus to help out at the end of the year.

It sounds like some of the kids are doing so well with their TTing. Funny how different they are in what stage they're all at.

Livvy is used to me saying "good boy" to the cat so now it's "good boy" to everyone. She's not clicking with the whole boy/girl concept yet.

Edited by Freesia
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 7:19am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA
Your Mummy needs to fix your ticker, I'm freaking out that it says you're '3'
Have a fantastic day Freesia! What are you up to?

DH is bummed he'll be working for Hannah's borthday this year (last year if fell on AKL anniversary day).

We get the WFF paid weekly. I hate the thought of struggling through the year. And we're terrible at spending large chunks of money when they come in
DH didn't get a payrise this year (which I'd factored into the yearly estimate) so we should get a little refund.

Hannah's getting a 500 piece bag of Mega Blocks from us. The family is getting her books, books and more books. A little doll cot to match her pram from the IL's. Not sure what Dad's getting her, we'll go shopping once he's here. But I know he bought a bunch of language learning cards about 6 months ago which he never sent, so we'll probably treat that as her birthday pressie since she's going to be getting so many!

Jaycee, sounds like you're doing really well with the TT! You deserve a medal doing two at once!
(I'll have to get another one made for Tishy and the twins! )
Also sounds like Jack is doing well! Aren't the teeny tiny knickers/undies CUTE?!

LOL at "Big Girl's Blouse" and "Good boy".
It's so funny the things they pick up on. I never know if I should praise Hannah for using something almost correctly or if I should correct it
I tend to say "Good girl, but what if we say xxx instead, well done!"

Well, I feel uncharacteristically good this morning!
Hannah didn't go to sleep until 10 last night (no idea why, she just decided it would be a good idea to have a 3 hour tantrum
She slept until 6am, so I'd say she'll crash out for a nap today.
I woke twice for pit stops, but got back to sleep quickly, so I feel rested

*edited to fix bung codes

Edited by MamaPickle

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:00am
Thanks Charly The ticker should come right tomorrow hopefully. I got sick of looking at the error message so did it last night thinking it would tick over fine but it hasn't. I can't be bothered setting up a new one for today only.

We're supposed to have cg today but it's at a park and the weathers not looking too hot yet. Livvy's been pretty grumpy so far this morning and my back went really sore yesterday and is still not right today so I don't really want to have to chase her around a playground at the moment, so we'll see. She's already opened her presents and already playing with her old Mega Blocks We just put her cake in the oven and will decorate it later when she wakes up from her afternoon nap.

We're the opposite, we're terrible at spending little bits of money. When we have a big lot, we hate to waste it and are a bit more cautious about what we do with it.

Livvy went down after only 45 mins of fussing last night and had an early morning too, which I think is why she's grumpy. It's so hard getting her to go to bed when it's still really light outside.

I'm trying to work out how to teach Livvy "you" and "me". She'll point to herself and say "me" but if I point to myself and say it, she gets confused. Likewise if I point to her and say "you". English can be so confusing sometimes.

Hope everyone has a great day today. I can't believe my little baby is 2!
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:03am

Happy 2nd Birthday Olivia!!

Have a wonderful day gorgeous girl! Freesia congrats on raising such a sweetie!  Hope you guys have a fantastic day!!!

BAHAHA Tishy big girls blouse!  Leo still calls me good boy Mummy sometimes lol!

Sounds like the girls are doing well Jaycee!  lol I still have a toilet seat and spare pair of undies and pull ups in the back of the car  Hope you guys get out to the park today!

Thats the prob with Drew being number 3, we already have every bike, scooter, blocks, books and toys you could imagine.  He got his mini quad bike for xmas.  Grandma is going to get him a new pair of I-walks 

Yay for being well rested Charly!  lol at the 3 hour tantrum, remind hannie she isnt quite 2 yet so the tantys have to wait til then  Does she usually wake at 6?  Drew is usually around 6 as thats when DH gets up, the rest of us have been a bit lazier with the holidays lol!

Acupuncture this morning and then we might try and get out this afternoon after Drews nap, will possibly pop back over to the hospital although all going well Brody will get to go home this afternoon.  I saw something for my secret baby yesterday and I want to go back and get it and get it posted

Any ideas where to find iwalks online?

Edited by My3Sons
Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:10am
Oh Char, I meant to say thank you for the offer of maternity clothes!
Mum and I are going out on Monday to have a look, so if there's anything I need I'll be sure to let you know, thanks

Freesia, I hope Livvy has a good sleep today. She'll love decorating her cake!

I don't know where Summer has gone! It's been nippy here the last few days. Overcast and breezy.
I hope it warms up again soon, my poor Dad is enduring average temps of -15 degrees and snow. He's looking forward to Summer next week!

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:14am
Oh, try this for Bobux

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:37am
Happy Birthday Livvy ..

I've been trying to write a wee ditty, but my carb deficient brain isnt playing ball (sorry).

I bet you guys have fun decorating the cake, if it was Issy none of the decorations would make it to the cake!

Charly, I dont think you will get big enough for my maternity clothes

Well done on all the TT training going on! We are going to cheat and get dc and peer pressure to do the majority of the work for us
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:41am
Happy birthday Livvy!!! Hope you have a wonderful day

We didn't get a date for the c-section, but I know what week it will be. Have another appointment in 4 weeks and will set the date then.

I'm feeling down and anxious today. Have had a really busy couple of days so the tiredness doesn't help, and got up early this morning to drop MIL at the airport. Missing my lovely husband, and I know Harry won't really understand his daddy's not there for his birthday, but DH and I will. Money stuff is really tight at the moment and I don't know how we're going to cope. Getting anxious about the csection, guttered I can't have skin to skin til I'm in recovery. And worried that I'll go into labour before my elective, and what if it's when DH is away out of town at SIL's wedding and he'll have to drive back and will probably miss it cos I'll have to have a csection straight away cos I can't risk delivering vaginally. *sigh* sorry about the big moan, everything's really no big deal I'm just tired and pregnant, and I want my husband home!!!

Edited by lizandtheboys
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 9:06am
Liz.

And Happy Birthday Livvy!

Charly, you can hold off on that star for me for a while I think. I'm waiting for the novelty of sitting on the loo to wear off. I'm tempted to do TT hardcore when I'm in Ireland and I have the grandmothers to help Oh and someone else carpets to mess up

Also there's been -10degrees in Ireland last week. Coldest in 60 years or something.Oh and then there was snow followed by flooding
I'm just thankful that my parents had just got double glazing and insulated the roof in their 200year old house.

Lucky for MIL though as she arrived back to Ireland last Thurs and instead of starting back to work the next day she is off until tomorrow due to schools being closed.

ETA: 200 not 20!

Edited by tishy
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 9:07am
Happy Birthday Liwy!!!!!

Oh and the ticker wont right itself i tried the same thing but the second time i did it it let me enter a year so it came out right that time and will hopefully keep going this time.

I feel like crap josh woke up early (before 8 which im not use to) and i had a crap sleep so im not enjoying today so far.

Im sure everything will all work out fine Liz im stressing about going into labour before my MW wanted to take me in and break my waters cos josh was born 38wks and she wanted to do that around 39wks. I really need to talk to her about it all at my next appointment. With DP working 20 min out of town im worried he will miss it again as well if i go into labour early cos it was all so fast last time. Arrgghhh sorry wasnt meaning to blurt all that its just on my mind so much so i know how you feel a bit.

Yay blue sky and sun today although dunno how long it will last as its supose to be pouring today and tomorrow. Might go make some brekkie so hopefully i can start feeling better and get outside before it turns nasty
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 9:37am
Wow, so much to catch up on... will have to do it later!

Just came on for a quick update - lymph node biopsy came back benign, so just lots of inflammatory lymphoid tissue but no sign of lymphatic cancer, yay! Going back to the Dr this afternoon to discuss results and where to go from here. Gosh, I'm so over it, I just want to know what on earth I have and how long it's going to last. I hope they find something soon and it's treatable. Last night I got a new symptom too, lots of little burst blood vessels everywhere (I think it's called petechiae - looks a little like meningitis rash). Gah. Man, I need to get better in the next few weeks because I'm starting midwifery on the 1st, I'm getting a bit down about it since I have been sick for months now and just seem to be getting worse. Still between 39-40 degrees temp.

Anyway sorry for all the "woe is me" ranting lately.

One very happy thing this morning - babies slept until 7.10am! Yay for a sleep in!

And yesterday Chloe was a perfect little angel, where did this child come from? It was awesome. She was so happy and we didn't even watch TV at all, all day. She was the same this morning, it makes life so easy! So even though I was dreading looking after both babies yesterday when I'm sick, it was fun (still draining but very cool).
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 9:37am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIVVY!!!
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 926927928929930 1037>