FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 937938939940941 1037>
Author
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 9:16am
Hi everyone

Sorry it's not a catch up message..
I'm probably going to disappear for a few days.
I have Mum, Dad, Step-Dad, Sister and her DP coming.
To be honest I'm dreading it. I just feel so overwhelmed and stressed
I'm sure I'll get through it... but I just wanted to wish the party-goers a good weekend, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISSY for tomorrow!

Jaycee, I hope your beach weekend is nice, hopefully Sophie's cast holds up OK. But I'm sure they'll do a new one for her when you get back if need be

Love and hugs from me

Sponsored Links

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 9:17am
Why hasn't my ticker changed over a day?
Hmm. Nevermind.
Off to attend to the troops!

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 12:09pm
Enjoy family time Pickles!

Bobbie, I hope Morgan's sorts herself soon, it sounds so hard. Don't you get annoyed with them constantly moving timeframes though? First we were told Ava's reflux would be gone by 3 months, then 4, now the doc's said a year and sometimes they don't outgrow it, just learn to deal with it. I was waiting for the 'magical' 3 month mark and it never came.

Must have been something in the air for babies yesterday, Ava had a shocking day. Wouldn't settle at all, just kept snacking and chomping on everything. I wish her tooth would come through, you can see it quite clearly but it's not moving up.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. DH is moving his brother and partner in the rain today and tomorrow we have our CG's 2nd bday party at Lollipops. Should be fun, and I'm really hoping the men run around after the kids so us ladies can all have a good catchup.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 4:45pm
Has Morgan's BF settled down a bit now, Bobbie?

Hope that having your family there isn't too stressful, Charly. Hopefully they will entertain Hannah and keep her out of trouble for you, so you can get a bit of a break. *hugs* You should totally pull out the pregnancy sympathy card and get them to do all the cooking etc.

THANK YOU for my Secret Baby pressie! It arrived today. Chloe will absolutely love it

Ollie has 3 new teeth today No wonder he has been such a grumpy bum! I ended up sleeping on the couch with him on me, last night, poor little thing was so upset. He now has 3 chompers up the top, one middle one and two side ones. It's so weird, he has 4 teeth on the right side and 2 teeth on the left side - is that normal? Chloe got all her matching teeth symmetrically, at the same time. IYKWIM.

We went to the A&P Show in Mosgiel, today. We were there from about 10am until 3pm, was a long day for the kiddies. But they had so much fun! Chloe absolutely loved seeing all the animals, and watched the Irish dancing for ages. She also had a train ride and a go on the merry-go-round. Our friends bought us a ticket for the pig races (a fundraiser for Haiti) and our pig won!! LOL, so we won $2 We are all knackered now, Chloe is still asleep.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 4:47pm
LOL at the little rascals picking your green cherry tomatoes, V... Chloe always picks and eats our unripe strawberries , although in the last few days she seems to have got the message and keeps asking me, "ready, ready?" before she picks them, and I tell her if they are ready to be picked, or not. Maybe she's learned now!
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 8:40pm
Charly, enjoy the time with your family!!! Hope it's enjoyable and not too stressful

Wow LB 3 teeth at once!! Poor little boy. The A&P show sounded awesome.

How was Issy's party LF? Hope it rain didn't bother too much! We had 13 littlies (plus their parents and 3 babies), were inside at first - they were happy decorating their placemats and playing cars lol. Then we had morning tea and after that they were able to go outside to play, was really nice. I was really stoked with how the cake came out too!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 8:41pm
Oh I meant to ask - I love hearing what kids get for pressies, so what secret santa presents have been opened so far?
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 8:43pm
Ok one more thing.. I missed my old forum handle so I changed back lol
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 8:55pm
lol! Welcome back 'arohauni'

We haven't opened the Secret Baby presents yet but I'm interested to hear what everyone got too!

I think the girls are too used to parcels arriving in the post for them. If ANY padded envelope arrives they immediately shout 'PRESENTS!' with their hands open wide. Doesn't help that there's currently 4 of them on a high shelf waiting for them

DHs parents are buying the girls an insane amount of Duplo for their birthday. I've dictated some books to BIL to buy them so I don't think we need to buy anything

Oh and just to make you all feel better, we regularly spent $250-300 on food each week. This includes nappies, soy products ($7 for 4 yogurts), Gluten free bread ($7) and copious amounts of fresh fruit and veg.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 9:55pm
emz I think things are better for me because at least with feeding I only have to hold on another 3 months and we start solids. reflux sounds so hard. Sucks that they give you moving timeframes on that too.

We had a lovely time at Issy's party today. It was mayhem - but fun mayhem. Rowan lurrrved the bouncy castle and in the end I had to grab her off it to get ready to go home. It's been pretty much all she's talked about ever since
Thanks again Julia and James. I hope you guys have a restful time tomorrow at your dad's party.

Janey the BFing is still up and down. But we're getting more good days than bad ones now. I'm stumped today because I thought she had done some pretty good feeds but this afternoon she was upset with dry lips and a sunken fontanel. But she did have a really wet nappy . She came right again but I just don't know why she isn't getting enough - the milk is definitely there. So much so that I've actually started dropping the domperidone down a bit because I'm so engorged at night thanks to the pump.

You know when you can pump 140ml in 7 minutes including the time that it takes to switch boobs that you have enough milk

Charly I hope you have a nice time with the family and don't over do it. We're looking forward to seeing you next weekend.

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 10:10pm
Lol Bobbie, I used to be able to pump heaps in a short time frame as well... handy because you don't have to pump for as long, but frustrating because you know you have heaps of milk but it still doesn't help the BF issues Hang in there, I think you are amazing for getting this far!

Dairy free and gluten free food must be so expensive to buy, Tishy! Lol about the presents for the girls... lucky things to have such awesome relatives. Bonus that you don't need to get them anything

Great to see "Arohanui" back... I never did get used to your new forum handle!

How was the party, lilfatty? Sounds like Rowan had a blast.

I definitely overdid it today, with the A&P show and stuff. I'm sitting her with a cold flannel on my face and neck, feeling pretty lousy. Hoping to make it to church tomorrow though.

MIL rang just before and said that she got an awesome tax return and is going to pay for a new clutch on our car We are so freaking blessed, it's amazing. I can't get over how everything just seems to turn out okay right when we need it to.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 10:12pm
Oh, my secret baby pressie was a cool bag and crayons (way better than it sounds, I love it! Chloe will too, lol), a wand and dress up headband thing, and some plastic food in a frypan (which Chloe will totally adore playing with when she gets her playhouse). Perfect pressies for her
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 10:39pm
REST WOMAN! Don't make me come down there... (you know I would if I could and would give you a big talking to as well!)

Yay for the clutch! That's awesome news for you guys.

On car related news, we get ours fixed this week so that's good.

Apparently DH is heading away in 3 weeks for a couple of weeks, home for 2 weeks then away for a month. Oh joy let the fun of working and juggling daycare on my own begin (I do like to moan hehe)

Night everyone!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 7:37am
Morning everyone

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISSY!

Thanks for a great day yesterday fatty clan. We had a good time (and some yummy food). I hope Issy has a really great 'real' birthday today. She got some cool things and it was neat to see a few OBer's IRL.

Livvy only managed a 15 min nap in between our parties yesterday but coped very well. The rain stayed away and everyone managed to get in the pool (and then the spa afterwards which Livvy loved!). It was nice to catch up with all the dads again, we only really do it once a year, should try and make it more often but it's a bit tricky with 10/11 families.

In our car related news, DP managed to get his alternator fixed really cheap by a guy that works next door to them so that has saved us hundreds. It's been so annoying having to drop him off and pick him up because it's always right on Livvys dinner time and I would never know until the last minute whether we needed to. Good that you guys are getting yours sorted soon too, it can be such a pain (and so expensive).

All the best for when DH heads off again Emz. You're another supermum so I'm sure you'll manage it fine
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 7:52am
Jeepers emz, moan away! I don't know what I'd do without DH and I only have one baby! (so far )
I hope the men let you ladies sit and chat at Lollipops today.

Go Ollie and his teeth! I hope you got a better sleep last night, Jane!
Sounds like you needed it after your big day yesterday. Sounds like fun though!
YAY for the clutch!

Gosh Bobbie, that's some efficient pumpage you've got going!
Not long until Morgan's on solids, like you said. You're doing a great job
Cute Rowan on the bouncy castle!

LOL arohanui! I didn't actually notice you'd changed back, it just looked normal to me

hehe Tishy, what a bonus for you not having to buy pressies! Especially with twins!
We've spent a grand total of about $30 on both Christmas and birthday. I've done the same "dictating" on books and so on.
My sister put together a little "My Family" book for Hannah. Photos of everyone and the pets. It's really cute, she's going to love it.

Yesterday was FULL ON! Gosh.
My Mum's been here all week. Step Dad arrived on Friday night.
Dad flew in yesterday morning (to AKL) and drove down with my sister and her DP. So by midday the house was CHOCKA!
It was lovely, especially to see my Dad. Hannah took to him immediately this time, thanks to Skype. He was thrilled
Step Dad and sister's DP leave this afternoon after Hannah's party.
Dad and sister are staying in a hotel (which is FLASH! I went with them to check in yesterday. I was jealous! It has a wicked pool, so we're going to take Hannah swimming tomorrow).
So it'll just be me, DH and Mum sleeping here for the next 3 nights. So things will be less stressful.
But it's lovely, all the same

Anyway, blah blah. I need to eat some brekkie (had a terrible night sleep, ended up on Hannah's trundle at 4am to get away from DH's snoring bless him), and finishe decorating Hannah's cake.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISABELLE
And happy birthday to Issy's Poppa

Have a great day everyone

*eta: Morning Freesia Glad you've got the car fixed on the cheap! It really does help when you "know people".

Edited by MamaPickle

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:26am
Morning ladies!

The party was manic! The weather was not the best, so we had 12 kidlets in the house, which we werent really expecting to have, however we set the bouncy castle up in the garage and then all the kids except Issy (who hated the noisy train) went and burnt off some steam after eating, so it was slightly less manic indoors.

She was so spoilt and when she went over to her grandparents yesterday afternoon, she apparently spent an hour telling them all about her party and showing off her pretties (bracelets that SimSam bought) and her unicorn (that Freesia gave her) that she insisted must go with her to their house.

SD suggested we have a small gathering next year, I told him that was a small gathering, we just have a teeny house.

Liz - you were lucky with your weather .. it didnt really fine up here at all. It sounds like you had an awesome time though.

Charly - how awesome to have your whole family in the same city, did your Dad come with a suitcase full of pressies?

Emz - Id complain too .. so moan away girl!

Bobbie - SD was amazed that Morgan slept right through the entire party, sorry to here she was a little grumpy in the avo though .. and man oh man, it took me about 30 minutes to pump my entire milk and it was never 140mls!

Freesa - How awesome you guys got to go in the pool!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:34am
Happy Birthday Issy!!
Julia we were amazed Morgan slept through too. I wonder if she'll be so obliging at Liz's. Sadly I doubt it since it's around the witching hour but at least there'll be lots of people I can hand her to for cuddles

Charly glad you are having such a good catchup. It sounds lovely to have everyone around at once (albiet tiring). What hotel are they staying in?

Janey that's awesome news about the clutch and Amber great score on the alternator. Hmm maybe I can find a cam belt fairy....

I got my birthday massage yesterday. My friend in the UK bought it for me. It was a deep tissue one and soooo good! I was worried it was going to hurt but actually there were only two bits that were uncomfortable.

I told the woman I wasn't taking off my bra completely though as I was worried that when she started doing my back I'd leak milk onto the table. The things you have to think about when you're bfing.

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:45am
Lol about the bra, Bobbie! You have to think about so much when you are pregnant/breastfeeding etc. Yay for the massage though, it sounds amazing.

Happy Birthday Issy!!

Glad you are surviving being bombarded with family, so far, Charly. Read about the yucky egg on FB That sounded horrible! Did your Dad bring pressies? That's so cool that Hannie took to him so easily

Emz, I don't know how you do it without DH, so vent away!

I didn't make it to Church this morning. Just feeling quite ick, shouldn't have stayed at the A&P show so long, I don't think! But the kids were having so much fun.

Better go find some coffee and something to eat.
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 6:50pm
How're you feeling now Janey?
I hope you were able to take it easy today.

oooh Kate, your massage sounds gooooood.
I also had to LOL at you keeping your bra on

We had a nice day. Had Hannah's party this morning. She got some lovely pressies, but all her main pressies will come on Tuesday.
Her cake didn't turn out as well as I hoped. It tasted good, but I decorated it late last night and in a hurry this morning (while Hannah was tantrumming) so I did a rush job. But she was happy with it

She didn't have a nap today, so she had an early dinner and bath. I sat down with her on my knee at 6:30pm with her shiny (her blanket) and doggy and her bottle. She drank her milk, popped her thumb in her mouth and promptly fell into a deep sleep. She was like a dead weight!
I'm feeling guilty that I couldn't brush her teeth, but it was so lovely to have her fall so deeply asleep on me.
Now I can't wait for #2

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 7:11pm
Aww Charly, one missed toothbrushing aint going to hurt her You are so cute!

I saw your cake on FB btw, and it definitely didn't look like a rush job, it looked awesome!

I had a pretty quiet day, managed to take Chloe to the gardens and feed the ducks, play at the park and wander around investigating things. It was nice to get out of the house, both kidlets were grumpy after their big day, yesterday.

Chloe and DH are currently running around with what we call a "dreaded glove-hand" each (they each wear a glove and tickle each other with that hand, and yell "nooooo, nooo") It's pretty amusing to watch and Chloe gets in hysterics about it. So cute.

Haha, now Chloe is saying "gennel, gennel" to Ollie who is grabbing her face.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 937938939940941 1037>