FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 925926927928929 1037>
Author
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:54am

Charly I hope you get a nap in today!!  I have never suffered from insomnia but I bet it stinks!  I have the opposite problem, I'd sleep the day away if I could! 

awww Bobbie what a lovely Mum you have! I bet DH feels a bit better for that great sleep.  Hope he is on the mend soon.  There are so many nasty bugs going around!  I have heard so many other people who have had the vomiting one we had here and my friends daughter has had a nasty one for over a week with high temps and a cough and just generally feeling horrid.  Sounds like Morgan has quite the appetite at the moment!

Brody has 2 different breaks apparently hence the op, I think they need to make sure they set it properly?  He is a bit younger than Drew, I think he is nearly 18 months now.

I forgot to tell you guys the BEST news, my cousin is getting married in Rarotonga in September and DH has decided that we are going! YAY!!  Something to look forward to.  We will probably go for 3-4 days, it is in the school holidays as my cousin is a school teacher so that will make it a bit easier to get childcare for the boys We have never been on holiday just the 2 of us so it will be a great adventure

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Sponsored Links

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 10:06am
Oh so much to catch up on! We were out all day yesterday, went to visit Harry's great great grandma and rellies on a farm. Harry loved hanging out with his cousins (well, my mum's cousin's kids) and seeing the animals.

Charly that bump is gorgeous

Emz how annoying they're refusing to pay! Argh. So hope they come around soon.

Bobbie your poor DH - DH and I had a similar thing just after Christmas and it REALLY wiped us out... needed lots of sleep. Hope he's feeling better soon. Yay for your lovely mum helping out - I'm so glad you've got help

Char you have had such a tough time lately. You really deserve a break, I hope the skin thing sorts out soon. I also think seeing a counseller to talk things through would be a good idea. But oh my gosh YAY for Rarotonga!!! Sounds like just what you need!!

Oh I'm sure there's heaps I've forgotten but I have to rush cos I have a doc appointment (just need to get a repeat on my crazy drugs)... then this afternoon I have an appointment at the hospital to discuss my csection!!! Yay I'm SO excited, I hope I get a date!!!! I'm gonna try *really* hard to keep the date a secret from everyone though (except family cos they'll be looking after Harry) so that at least some people get a surprise
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 10:19am
gotta love DPs take on watching josh - i am wiping pen marks off the computer screen from when DP was watching josh last night

Emz my parents got a booster seat for josh to keep in their car for when they pick him up and the only problem with it is that he undoes the seatbelt and climbs into the passenger seat and tries to put on the big seatbelt. With bribery he has managed 2 trips in it without getting out but noone is game to try a longer trip than from their house to mine. Hopefully he will learn to leave it alone on trips soon so they can take him more places when i need a break.

Charly my belly is sticking out as well i can still suck it in but its much more comfy hanging out i should take a pic and compare it to my 20ish week pic with josh. My cousin is 22 wks so im always sucking it in when im around her i knew i would show earlier but i cant be bigger than her just yet!!!!

Aarrggghhhh stupid clouds i wish they would go away it would be a stunning day if they werent here its warm already and the i can see the sun trying to shine through. Just let it feel like summer for once please!

Yay for morgans good sleeps - josh was a bit like that taking huge bottles but it was a while before he was sleeping through. I was told that babies cant be overfed so dont worry about it and if she does pile on the pounds like my wee fatty did they lose it soooo quickly once they get mobile!

Umm stupid baby brain i know there is more i wanted to say but its gone. Better go eat something and try taking some iron (hopefully keeping it down) I think my tummy is too sensitive for it in the morning maybe i should wait for lunchtime.

Oh hope your friends boy comes right soon Char i saw it on her business FB status and forgot it was your friend.
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 11:08am

yay for your appt Liz!  wow discussing c-sect already, your little man will be here before you know it! Forgot to say, loved your bump piccies on FB, esp the one with Harry in it  Good idea keeping the date a secret too!

LOL TA that made me laugh, I was wiping pen off my computer screen the other day too, way to go Drewdrew!  Toddlers aye!  I'll send some sun down to you I am wishing for some cooler days it has been so hot here lately.  We could do with some rain!

OK my sister is hiring a costume from this place (its a P themed party so we need to find a costume starting with P), my sister is being a princess lol and the other one a pirate so I was thinking police but they are all so skanky looking LOL! I think this is the least skanky of the lot?  Comments please!

http://www.wearitout.co.nz/gangsters.html

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 12:37pm
lol! II doubt I'll ever be able to pull off an outfit like that
Yayy for your upcoming trips Char. The weekend you're in Welly is the weekend of the girls birthday so we'll definitely be in town.

Emz, that sucks about the car, I hope you get it sorted.

Awesome you're getting a c-sect date Liz.

Poor DH Bobbie, I hope he feels better soon. Mums are great aren't they. I need to find myself a foster kiwi mum

Not much happening here. I'm on a mission to explore different parks over these holidays. So far so good and the girls are loving the outings and they're settling quickly for their naps
Jaycee have you been to Brooklyn park? I was much impressed.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 12:53pm
Char - Im thinking a criminal wouldnt mind a police woman looking like that!

The last p party I went to I was a polynesian (wore a lava lava and lei), my BFF went as pippy longstockings, she wore a black smock school uniform with a white shirt underneath and knee high socks then she put her hair in pigtails and plaited it but put wire in the plait so she could bend it so it stuck up like pippy's.

Ooo a really easy one is a pressie .. one of the boys wrapped a box (a big one), then he put string across and wore it over his shoulders (like kids do on playschool when they pretend the boxes are cars) and he put a big bow on his head lol
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:11pm
Haha my old flatmate went as a portaloo she just wore green overalls similar to portaloo colour and had a toilet brush in one pocket toilet paper in the other and a toilet seat around her neck as well as a portaloo sign incase people couldnt work it out. I was boring and went as Paris Hilton. There were some funny outfits there. Mostly Pimps and prostitiutes but there was a pissed palistine and a few priests. I took josh to my cousins party as a penguin. Tell her to go as pregnant

Well i was just jumping on quickly to look for some mint recipes i have a massive amount growing next to the compost bin that is going to become concrete when we start the garage so trying to find a mint jelly and mint sauce recipe to get rid of it all. Prefer a jelly recipe that doesnt involve cheese cloth straining so was thinking id post on here. Might have to text Bridie (Babe) and see what she can recommend since she is without internet these days.
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:21pm
Woo hoo ... go Char! If you don't want it to look so skanky, just don't show as much clevage. The fishnet stockings kind of up the skank level too but I don't have any other suggestions there. Awesome about Rarotonga, wow! Poor little friend with the broken arm, ugh, I'm dreading the day something like that happens here.

Hope DH feels better soon Bobbie and that whatever it is, the rest of you don't catch it. Yay for your mum coming and helping out.

Fingers crossed that they give you a date for your c-sect Liz. It'd be nice to know now so you can get everything sorted.

Ta, Josh sounds like such an adventurous little guy. You must have your hands full with him.

Tishy you reminded me of a park that a random mum told me about once that I kept meaning to go and check out. Should do that one day.

My midwife is on holiday so I had a backup and I'm hope I don't get her at the birth. She was nice enough but we just didn't mesh. Livvy was a little angel and even put away all the toys she was playing with while the mw had the doppler on me (I didn't even ask her to). It took a while to find the heartbeat though, the little ratbag kept moving around and kicking instead. My BP is still fine too, really weird but good.
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:38pm
I remember what i wanted to ask!!!!!!

Ok so when i had Josh i could get paid parental leave and there was something else available if you weren't working. What was it, can i apply and how do i get it?
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:48pm
It's a parental tax credit or something like that, just ring up when the baby is born and say you would like it started ($150 for 8 weeks, or a $1200 lump sum). You then have 8 weeks to get the birth cert and apply for the IRD number. Easy peasy
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:51pm
awesome is that through winz or ird? I cant remember anything these days
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 3:55pm
It's through the same crowd that does the WFF - I think IRD?
We get our WFF paid at end of tax year but while you get the PTC payments you have to get the WFF paid weekly too. Then when the PTC stops you can ask them to switch it back to a lump sum payout.

Reminds me ours finishes this week.

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:18pm
Eek Bobbie. I hope DH is OK.
I'm really glad you've got your Mum there to lend a hand. She'll be pleased to do it.
Wow, Morgan ate a lot! I think TA is right, you can't overfeed a baby so don't worry

Char! I'm so jealous!! You two are going to have a great time! You so deserve the break
It'll be lovely to escape the Winter for a wee while!
*wolf whistle* at the costume LOL

Liz, did you get a date?
I loved getting Julia's surprise PXT of Elias after her secret squirrel c-section. Fun!

Tishy, I love your park exploring idea! The photos on FB are so cute

Freesia, I hope you get your normal MW for your birth. I was lucky enough to love my back-up when Hannah was born. She's still my MW's back-up, thank goodness.
at your BP and what a good girl Livvy was putting the toys back!

We went into the bank today to bank a couple of cheques. DH was playing with the toys with Hannah while I did it. She was so good putting the toys away, too. We asked her, but she didn't protest.
The bank teller was a lady who used to work in the shop next to ours at the mall. She told me her hubby died last year (tragically) so I walked out feeling pretty flat. Poor lady, and her kids. The youngest is 4, so doesn't understand why Daddy's gone

So you're entitled to the PTC even if you're already receiving WFF?
Our WFF increases by $60/week with 2 kids, so that + accom. supp will cover our mortgage, which will be nice.

DH's graphics card on his computer died today, so I'm not sure when I'll see my computer next

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:35pm
Yay just worked it out and we get about an extra $80 a week we get it paid fortnightly but i think ill just get the PTC in a lump sum at least it will cover DP to stay home for a fortnight so hopefully he has some holidays saved up as well. Man i wish we could get the accomodation suppliment. Any money is good money.

Thats so sad about the lady at the bank Charly.

Crap just remembered after i decided to wait till lunch to take my iron that i actually forgot it all together so will go have some

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:40pm
Yep Charly PTC is like PPL for SAHM's.
Hmm don't you love the acronyms you learn when you're in the baby making business?

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:56pm

lol thanks for the giggles!!  and the funny ideas, lol at the portaloo!  and the pressie!  My sister was going to do Pippy Longstocking she even has the red hair but she has gone with princess instead.  I thought I could either wear a longer skirt or even pants if its cold in wellywood or just what the hell and bare some legs LOL! Yay 4 birthday weekend Tishy!  Will definelty try and catch you while I am down

How good are Livvy and Hannie putting their toys away!

What are you all doing for 2nd birthday pressies?  Drew honestly needs NOTHING, went to KMart today after we left the hospital and got him 2 new tshirts.  Exciting huh!  3rd child syndrome anyone??

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 6:57pm
We'll get an extra $60 as well which will come in handy. We get a lump sum payment though so we don't end up in the poo at the end of the year. We'd rather struggle through the year and then have a nice lump sum given, if we got it weekly we'd just waste it anyway. That just means we won't get it until Aug/Sept 2011 though. Even though we got a lump sum last year, they still mucked it up and we had to repay a few hundred $$. That really ticked me off because I specifically chose lump sum to avoid that.

Charly, that poor lady and her kids. I'd hate to think about what it would be like if DP wasn't here.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:13pm
Char, We got most of Issys birthday pressie's from the $2 shop (well a version of it .. i think its the 123 dollar shop lol)

She got a doll pram, bubbles, bath toys, a pillow for her bed (its pink with an elephant), a frying pan with utensils and "food", butterfly hair clips and a few other bits and pieces. She also got a top with butterflies all over it and I got a plain pair of jk jeans and I got some butterfly patches from spotlight and put them on .. oh and she got a pink dora the explorer school bag for daycare .. she moves into the big girl room when she turns two.

Bobbie - your Mum rocks .. I knew I loved my Mum before I had kids, but once you have kids of your own you realise just how much having a Mum rocks!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:21pm
Rowan got a dress for her dolly and some Clippo from us. She got a Wot Wot doll, books, dvds and clothes from friends and family members.

Freesia yikes at having to pay back some of the lump sum. I hope that doesn't happen to us. We do lump sum payments too for the same reason but we got PTC paid weekly to help with the car stuff we need now. So all of our WFF minus the weeks that we got it with the PTC will be paid out at the tax end of year. Can't wait! Last year it paid for my OB - this year it might be more exciting and go into savings

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:43pm
They reckon it was just a random thing because I'd had to change some of my details ... even though I'd sent in the forms months before hand and even called them This year there's no extra income or anything so should be VERY straight forward.

Ours generally goes onto the visa Hopefully with DP's teeth done we'll be able to pay that off first though and stick it in our savings too. One day we will have enough for a house deposit.

We've got Livvy a Barbie bathroom set (toothbrush holder, cup & soap holder) from one of those clearance shops that pop up, a charm for her pandora bracelet and a Zip & Mack dvd. Mum & dad have got her a medical kit, one sis got her some kids puzzles (with 2 or 3 interlocking pieces) and a Little People tea set and the other sis got her Wiggles tickets. She was given a bit of extra money from mum too so we're tossing up whether to buy her a basket for her bike also. I'm sure she'd love collecting all the stones from our walks. I must remember to wrap our stuff up tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 925926927928929 1037>