FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 927928929930931 1037>
Author
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 10:00am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIVVY! Have a great day, I hope your back holds up Freesia.
Liz n TA it must be horrible not knowing for certain DH will make it to the birth.
Tt'ing, Daniel has just started sitting on the potty the toilet is still scarey. He hasn't done anything yet. I'm going to start putting Ashlee on before a bath not to start tt'ing her but for Daniels benefit. I think DC will help a lot too. I remember seeing a car pulled up on the freeway and a lady grabbing a potty out of the boot and I said to dh do you really take the potty everywhere with you??? Obviously you do ;)
Tishy 200 years ... WOW
Sponsored Links

Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 10:27am
LB fantastic news!! I hope your doc appointment brings solutions! Sending healthy vibes to you...
Daniel generally wakes around 7.30/8.00 but Ashlee is between 5.30 and 7.30 I would love love love a sleep in.
We've got Daniel a two wheel mongoose bike for his birthday it is so cute!! I still can't believe it's been 2 years!!
Augh, bought some cheap nappies for Ashlee and they suck. She's wee'd through already... I think I'll just bin them.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 11:28am
HAppy birthday Livvy...still two weeks till E's! but crazy how fast it's coming up! AS long as Liam stays put till then:)!

so jealous you get a date liz!..ive been waiting for my appt with ob to discuss date and they said it would be sent 36 weeks.. rang the hospital and she hasnt referred me so backup mw will do it.. grr i just want to know if i can have c section and when cause we are moving 30th:(

whoever has E for the secret baby: we are moving 30th..hope to get re direction will go see how much and stuff so hopefully it will get here before then or after to the new house:)

Edited by Four_eyes
Mum to two amazing boys!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 11:50am
First off - Happy Birthday to the gorgeous Olivia .
Good thing your ticker ticks back over tomorrow Freesia because sometimes I would have no problem believing Livvy was 3.

Freesia you and I sound so similar in our approaches to money. I find I have to stick to a budget or else the little bits here and there add up really quickly. But the lump sums I hold on to for dear life lol!

Hope your back comes right quickly too.

Janey I'm so sorry you don't have answers but I can't tell you how relieved I am you don't have cancer. I hope you feel better soon. It must be horrid not having an end in sight yet.

Liz the time between baby coming out and getting weighed etc and you being in recovery is only a matter of about 20minutes but you can also ask that DH does the skin to skin while you're on the table. He will be given baby anyway to hold so he can just pop him under his scrubs. And generally the C-sect is done at 37.5 weeks or a bit earlier so you aren't so likely to go into labour but I would also imagine that your MW would be monitoring you closely for any signs that you'll go early due to the fact you have to have a C. I know it's still worrying but I hope that makes you feel a little better.

KA I would say don't worry about whether or not you can have one because that is your call not the OB's. They may like you to trial labour but you can tell them to get stuffed. However, I would keep pestering them because you need the anesthesiology forms to fill out and send back.

Rowan turned into a tantruming 2 year old right on her second birthday - like someone flicked a switch. They're not too bad but she's started throwing dinner she doesn't care for on the floor, shrieking at us and occasionally throwing toys. But so far the 'time out' chair is working (though I think it will wear out fast). Reminds me I have to clean a tomato stain off the floor from last night

I'm having a good day here. I vacuumed the house this morning and both girls are asleep now. Just waiting for mum to arrive and I'll jump in the shower and then make an attempt on mopping the floors (if my enthusiasm doesn't wane)

Edited by Bobbie

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

However, I would keep pestering them because you need the anesthesiology forms to fill out and send back.

Don't worry too much, I filled all my forms out on the morning of the surgery .. although that may have been because I wasnt going to have a cs and only decided late the afternoon before they cut him out.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 1:29pm
LB, thank goodness you came back clear for cancer. Now I just hope they can find out what's causing all this really soon.

OMG Bobbie, it's weird how you say Rowan turned into the tantruming 2 year old on her birthday. Livvy is literally crying herself to sleep at the moment. I have never let her do it before but she just starts up screaming again if I go into the room. She woke up pretty grumpy and cg must've tired her out but geese louise! She was really good yesterday and we had a great day and I was just starting to think that she was starting to settle down again after being away.
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 1:29pm
Liz - skin on skin... After ashlee was born, my after birth pains and the pain in my groin from the way she came out, meant I was shaking so much I couldn't hold her I was terrified I'd drop her so DH took his top off and held her. the panadol kicked in about half hour or more later. DH said he loved it and wishes he'd had the opportunity to do it with Daniel too.
Bobbie your mum sounds like a real gem. I'm lucky to have a gem too it's just a pity she works.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 2:10pm
I didn't hold either bubba straight away after birth, Daddy did... first time around I was too shattered and couldn't move from the epi, and second time was shaking and in pain down below (like Verena) and couldn't hold myself up let alone bubba. Both times it took about 10-15 mins before I was ready to hold... in which time baby was held by Daddy, cord clamped, measured, weighed, wrapped etc. and then plonked on me. I got plenty of skin on skin later and both times they started suckling as soon as they were put on me

Thanks guys I'm so happy it's not cancer, obviously... cos I get to do midwifery this year among many other reasons, haha. I feel like they think I'm just being paranoid now, at the Dr, because I'm so over it. They don't really seem to care if it's anything other than cancer. Grr. Oh well I have a Dr appointment soon (but not with my normal Dr as she's on holiday) and we will see what she says about the test results. I have that pinprick rash now and my lower back is killing me today and there are some new lumps/lymph nodes down there now too. Who freaking knows what is going on. I feel a bit betrayed by my body to be honest I want a refund! Lol. I'm so over having a permanent fever.

Anyway better get Ollie ready to go next door while I'm at Dr's.

Gosh you all must be so sick of my whinging. I held out for months but now that I've let it all slip, I can't stop ranting
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by lizandtheboys lizandtheboys wrote:

Happy birthday Livvy!!! Hope you have a wonderful day

We didn't get a date for the c-section, but I know what week it will be. Have another appointment in 4 weeks and will set the date then.

I'm feeling down and anxious today. Have had a really busy couple of days so the tiredness doesn't help, and got up early this morning to drop MIL at the airport. Missing my lovely husband, and I know Harry won't really understand his daddy's not there for his birthday, but DH and I will. Money stuff is really tight at the moment and I don't know how we're going to cope. Getting anxious about the csection, guttered I can't have skin to skin til I'm in recovery. And worried that I'll go into labour before my elective, and what if it's when DH is away out of town at SIL's wedding and he'll have to drive back and will probably miss it cos I'll have to have a csection straight away cos I can't risk delivering vaginally. *sigh* sorry about the big moan, everything's really no big deal I'm just tired and pregnant, and I want my husband home!!!

Hey Liz, sorry Im just lurking hehe, (Unless there are other reasons why you cant have skin on skin), then you can totally do it, I had skin on skin with Bella within 5 mins :) they just cleaned her up weighed her and all that then put her between my boobs! It was lovely and then Adam put her down his shirt when I couldnt hold her anymore(I was terribly winded after they tried getting her out).

*hugs* hun

*lurker out*

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 3:03pm
LB - you should have shared earlier! Keeping it all in is not good. If you can't rant here, where can you . I am so please that it is not cancer (especially with your family history) but it must suck to still not have any answers. Do you know of any other doctors down your way who may have other thoughts than the conventional? Some doctors seem to get so caught in in the *usual suspects* that they can not see anything else. Perhaps someone who thinks outside the square?

Happy Birthday Olivia! I hope you all have a super day and that the cake decorating goes well Looking forward to seeing the photos.

KA - good luck moving. I hope that you have lots of helpers and will just be able to sit back and supervise. We moved when I was 7months pg with Sophie and it was a relief when it was over!

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 5:04pm
yeah re moving its either before or after and i prefer before...:)

re the skin to skin..i couldnt hold E either but normally if you arent shaking like i was you you can do skin to skin..I had to wait 45mins though first 5 E couldnt be held then i couldnt hold him and they didnt even show him to me first:( but thats not normally the case...

c sections done here at 39 weeks.. as far as i know any forms are just filled in at OB appt?but i could be wrong.. I'll just be glad when bub out and everything moved.. hopefully not in that order!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 5:58pm
39 weeks sounds like it's cutting it a bit close doesn't it? Hope you get the appointment soon so you know what to expect.

Just on quickly to post a picture of her cake she decorated. It's a real mess but she had fun eating all the lollies.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:06pm
Aww thanks JC

Dr appointment took about an hour today, man, they seem to be getting longer and longer. No wonder the clinic is always running late, it's people like me holding up the works! Anyway, she sent me for more bloods this afternoon, and has referred me for a chest x-ray and spinal x-ray. Not even sure what they are looking for this time. Maybe a different type of cancer, or tuberculosis or something... I forgot to ask in between all of the Dr's questions.

Ollie FINALLY did a poo today, poor wee fellow. He's been straining for days. Gosh, we feed him up on kiwifruit and prunes and he's on special formula for constipation and he only has fruit and veges, but not starchy ones like potato... and no rice or anything. Occasionally some baby cereal. Even though he gets so much fibre it only seems to help a little.

Chloe is still being little angel Chloe
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:07pm
That looks like awesome fun, Freesia!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:21pm
Hopefully now that the blockage is gone Ollie might be a bit more regular. Can young ones take lactulose?

LB, your dr is probably just being very thorough because it is a bit of a mystery at the moment. Better that they do heaps of tests and find out what's going on rather than nothing.

Grrr, we're still waiting for DP to come home so we can have dinner and then some cake. Livvy keeps asking for him, I think she wants to show him the cake or blow out the candle or something.
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:35pm
Josh was given lactulose at a&e when he was really little.

Hope you find out what is wrong soon LB - we dont mind your ranting or whinging we all do it from time to time.

Grr josh has the hose on again little brat is too strong for his own good hopefully he not flooding the tunnel house this time
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:06pm
freesia - yeah bit fine esp cause their dates are out... but oh well nothing i can do..they only do it at 39 here:( weird as my friend lives an hour away and they get 38:(! and it will be waitangi weekend so hopefully measuring a bit big still so get before not after!:) still at least i will hopefully avoid E's bday!

hugs LB:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by WRXandJosh WRXandJosh wrote:

Hope you find out what is wrong soon LB - we dont mind your ranting or whinging we all do it from time to time.

Yeah... I just seem to be doing it ALL the time, lately. I'm so sorry! I don't want to turn our thread all negative

So....

Hehe.

Yeah, Ollie has duphalac which is lactulose for babies. You must be right about getting unblocked, Freesia, he has gone about 4 more times today since he got rid of that first blockage. Poor chap! I bet it was all the crackers Daddy gave him in the weekend that blocked him up... we get the wholegrain ones full of fibre and seeds and stuff, not plain crackers, but even that doesn't seem to help. Hmm, what else can we give him to munch on when we are out... any ideas?

I'm off to bed now, was sleeping but Ollie woke so I thought I would do my compulsory OB/FB check before I hit the hay again
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 6:30am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY

Have a great day, Liz

*I'll be back later for a catch up. Looong night, back to bed

Edited by MamaPickle

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 7:19am
Happy Birthday Harry! Hope you have a really great day today.

LB, when Livvy got badly constipated the dr put some lactulose 'up there' and that got rid of the blockage and once it was out, she was okay again (taking lactulose for a few weeks). I think we just gave Livvy those breadsticks or Kruskits when she was little and we went out but they could possibly bung Ollie up too. Somebody did post a recipe for homemade marmite breadsticks done in the microwave, that's another option because you could use wholemeal ones.

Hope your night wasn't too bad Charly. Was it you or Hannah?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 927928929930931 1037>