FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 928929930931932 1037>
Author
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 8:22am
Morning

Liz, how are you today? I hope you got a good night sleep and have a good day today.
What day is DH home? I just remembered he's Hannah's birthday buddy! Are you doing anything for his birthday?

eeek Tishy! Sounds like you're off to the South Pole!

Janey, don't feel bad about venting, honey. You've held it in for so long it was bound to come out at some point!
We're all here for you
I'm so glad your results were benign. And I agree, the other tests will be "ruling out" tests. It's great they're being so proactive about it!

Kate, Hannah's beginning to act like a 2 year old, too. It's pretty funny - except when she's mid-tanty and is throwing herself around and bangs her head on stuff
I'm sure the novelty will wear off! But she's still as delightful as always, just got to try to minimize the opportunity for Toddler Rage
Are you doing anything special on Monday

Freesia, Livvy's cake looks delicious!! I love those little snail lollies. They're so cute!
Silly Lilypie, your ticker is still freaking me out

My night was long because of me I just couldn't get comfortable and felt ill.
I feel better this morning, just exhausted.
But it's a lovely day and DH and I are off to lunch while Hannah plays at Nan and Poppa's.
Early lunch, so I can come home and nap again

Sponsored Links

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 8:41am
Thanks guys! Harry's opened a few little pressies (saving some for when Daddy gets home) and spoke to DH on video phone. He's now eating breakfast and watching his new Barney dvd We're going to coffee group this morning, then have a family lunch at my place, then I'll take him to the beach after his sleep.

DH gets back Monday at midnight... so Tues morning for Harry. Can't wait! I'm feeling lots better today thanks Just needed a big moan and a cry, thanks for listening .

Oh Janey.... I'm so glad it's not cancer but boy it must be frustrating not knowing what it is I'm praying for you.

Charly bah about your bad sleep..... hope it doesn't affect you too badly today.

I can't believe I have a 2 year old!!!!! And he looks particularly grown up too cos I got his hair cut yesterday (which incidentally he LOVED and sat so still and grinned the entire time). I'm so proud of my boy who is in own words is "big"
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 9:06am
Sounds like Harry's going to have a really neat day. It's so hard to believe they're 2 isn't it? It's gone so fast! Looks like it's going to be a great day for the beach.

Have a great time out this morning Charly. I'll go and fix my ticker now. Like TA said, it didn't come right. Bugger, I hate doing tickers.

eta, done! I changed my preggie one because the lilypie one would always end up a day late for some reason even though it starts off correct initially

Edited by Freesia
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 9:22am
Cute! Love the monkey
Gosh Freesia, you're nearly in double digits on the days to go!

Liz, sounds like a lovely day you have planned.
I'm glad you got to see DH this morning. Technology is great like that! Not long until he's home

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 9:26am
Originally posted by MamaPickle MamaPickle wrote:

Cute! Love the monkey
Gosh Freesia, you're nearly in double digits on the days to go!

OMG, it is too! wow that's gone fast!
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:14am
hehe I just noticed I have 200 days to go. Seems like an eternity!

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:16am
Just wondering if anyone can help with this, what do you do to get rid of old oil (cooking, vegetable, etc) that you don't want anymore?
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:18am
Happy Birthday Harry!

Liz - it sounds like you are having a lovely day .. and lucky Harry having "two birthdays" one with you and one with you and Daddy!

Charly - I dont miss trying to get comfy to sleep during pg at all! I loved being pg, but sleeping was a biarch.

Freesia - I meant to say, I love those snail lollies! Ive never seen any like that.

LB - I'm also glad you don't have cancer (obviously) .. but im hopeful that they find out what is causing you so much grief soon .. you and your little family deserve a break!

I've probably missed so much .. its hard to keep stuff in my brain when Im doing GST and month end stuff
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:26am
Gosh, I've never thought of how to get rid of oil.
Perhaps you could call your local McD's or KFC and ask if you can dispose of it with them, they should have tallow bins that get collected for disposal.
Or your local mall's food court?
I know my mall has a HUGE tallow bin that all the food places dump into. It gets emptied once a week.

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:32am
Im confused .. does it not get used on the food, then you just wash the pan?

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:35am
Happy Birthday Harry!!!!!!!!

I had a crap sleep and josh was up early so im in a bad mood and poor josh has worn most of it although he did tip out a bottle of water in my bed while i was trying to snooze i feel so bad i have no patience at the moment and end up yelling a lot and he seems to think that since ive been sick so long and my sister has been watching him he can be naughty like now he is currently pulling the trays out of the oven and if i take him away from it he will have a tantrum i will get hit and kicked and soon as i look away he will head back to it again. Distraction only works if he is in the mood. Why does my child have to be so pig headed like his father!!! (although it might be me as well judging by my mums stories of me as a child)

I know all i do is complain im just not coping and i feel like ive worn out my offers of help with most my family because Josh is just such hard work at the moment. Mum had 3 girls and cant get over how different boys are. My sis is pretty good and will come as soon as i ask but i could tell she was starting to get worn out by it and she just got a parttime job at baby factory (yay discount). Im going to talk to my mw at my next appointment in a couple of weeks and see what she suggests. I need to try book josh into a daycare for a couple of days i think and get him on the waiting list for kindy.

Ok i think i just needed to get that out i feel a little better already.

Josh is trying to help me now so i better post this before i lose it and catch up later
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:40am

Happy Birthday Harry!!!

Have an awesome birthday lil dude, well done at raising such a great little guy Liz!

Back later, Z still has his friend over, they had a sleepover last night and he is heading over to their place shortly for another sleepover.

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:42am
run the hot tap and tip it down the sink    If i have heaps either wait till its hard and then put in plastic bag then in rubbish or the compost bin - prolly not spose to but its being removed soon so lots has ended up in it.

Yay for 200 days MP (still seems like forever aye) and yay for almost double digits Freesia and awesome cake Liwy might be a cake decorater one day yum.

Not long till DH is home now Liz im sure it will fly by
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:47am
Oh .. the oil like when you deep fry stuff ... yep id be stumped too actually.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:58am
It's not leftover fat and oil from pans, it's a couple of decorative bottles of oil with herbs and stuff in it that I want to get rid of. If I just put them in the bin it takes up a good part of our weight allowance. We have some expired peanut oil in a jar which I want to dump also. It's probably about 2 litres worth so I can't put it in the sink or it'll just sit on top of the water in the pipes. I was going to tip it out outside but I'm not sure if it'll encourage bugs to come and our property's pretty small so everywhere is close to the house.

TA, at cg yesterday there were quite a few of us sharing how much of a handful our kids have become lately. Livvy had the mother of all meltdowns yesterday and I couldn't even be in her sight or I'd set her off again. Not just crying either, full-on screaming. We seem to be going alright so far today so I have my fingers crossed. It makes it so hard when everything becomes a battle with them. No helpful advice from me sorry but I can relate

And I've been meaning to ask for ages also about what breastpumps everyone found really good. I don't really want to hire them to try them out. I tried a medela electric and didn't like it last time then got a second hand Avent manual one which was better. My sister got a tommee tippee one which I never tried and they're really the only ones I've heard of. What was your favourite?

Edited by Freesia
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:04am
Oooo decorative bottles .. well if it was me id take them to Mums house and "decorate" her bookshelf. or take them down to daycare, they love stuff like that for the kids to look at.

You could always put them in a public bin somewhere

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:22am
Hmm, you just gave me an idea ... maybe when we go visiting I could quietly "decorate" someone else's shelves
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Freesia Freesia wrote:

Hmm, you just gave me an idea ... maybe when we go visiting I could quietly "decorate" someone else's shelves

I dont think you could fit anything on ours ..

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:30am
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

I dont think you could fit anything on ours ..

If it's crowded then you won't notice it

Has anyone else got the new FB status message. I don't know if I want to post mine ... "I licked an iPod at the dinner table because I'm sexy and I do what I want." It sounds a little freaky
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:34am
It sounds alot freaky!

Mine was something about doing the macarena with my Mum .. although I only got the email, I cant get to FB until lunchtime, so I havent posted.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 928929930931932 1037>