FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 929930931932933 1037>
Author
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:37am
That's not too bad, licking stuff is
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Freesia Freesia wrote:

That's not too bad, licking stuff is

Well unless its an icecream .. and then its
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 12:53pm
Happy Birthday Harry!
Sorry I've been interrupted a million times while reading through everything so I've forgotten most of what I read.

Freesia that cake looks cool! I think I'll get Rowan to help do hers next year. Great idea!

I have no idea what you guys are on about with FB.

Sorry you preggy girls are having bad sleeps. If it helps I was talking to a friend of mine before who is pregnant with her third and we both reckon that lack of sleep and running around after a toddler make you way more tired than when the baby actually arrives.

Janey glad that Chloe is being so good for you at the moment

I've just put the hammock we've borrowed up in the lounge. Last time I tried it Morgan hated it but it's 26 degrees in her room and I wonder if that's why her sleeping in the afternoons is so shocking at the moment. Yesterday was horrid but on the plus side she was so tired she slept from 9pm until 4am.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 1:34pm
Livvy's room is 25 degrees and that's with the windows open and the blackout curtain up on the sunny side, it's been sooo hot lately. At least she can nap in shorts and a singlet, a bit hard with a newborn.

I've forwarded you the FB email Bobbie.
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 1:43pm
i karate chopped a phone in a hole because im NOT crazy

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 1:49pm
bah! We're at 18degrees and can barely see the sea from our deck with the misty rain!

Happy Birthday Harry!

Can't remember what else was said, I was having a nice nap until fridge repair guy turned up and woke me. Rude!

Off to get coffee and be back soon
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 2:16pm
yeah Tishy - we must of had our monthly quota of sun yesterday . I am very over this *summer* bring on winter so at least I can get my winter clothes and food out!!

Happy birthday Harry I hope you guys are having a good day and yay for two birthdays . My DH is away in a couple of weeks for 3 days and I am not looking forward to it, so big hugs for having DH away for longer than that (and HUGE hugs to Emz who has it more often - you are a legend )

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by jaycee jaycee wrote:

yeah Tishy - we must of had our monthly quota of sun yesterday . I am very over this *summer* bring on winter so at least I can get my winter clothes and food out!!

And I was working yesterday!
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 2:50pm
oh that sucks Tishy

Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 5:34pm
Happy Birthday Harry!!!!!!!!!
Just had my girlfriend here her little boy just turned one and her other bub is 9 weeks... She's in the current that's life mag.
But all the excitement has turned Ashlee into an over tired banshee :) she's been walking a lot today - clever girl.
Best go will pop on later to read up, there has been 3 pages since I last looked!!
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 8:19pm
Gosh, what an age gap, V!

What is that FB thing about?

Happy Birthday Harry!!

Dr rang today... further bloods came back normal, including WBC count. The Dr can't understand why I am having high fevers but there is no infection, apparently. And glandular fever is ruled out too. She has asked them to test the blood for even MORE stuff. But I don't really know what on earth she is looking for now, she's at a loss. Will have to wait and see if the chest xray and spinal xray next week reveal anything I guess.

Just watched Robin Hood: Men In Tights. Man I love that movie

Chloe and Ollie were really good again today and my Mum took Ollie out while Chloe was napping so I got to have a nap too, yay.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 7:46am
Janey, what a mission! I really hope they can get to the bottom of things soon
Are you able to have a day or two of doing nothing before you start your study next month? It sounds as if your body is having a HUGE protest at your full-on year.
I know I'm not alone in worrying about you.

I'm sorry you wellingtonians are having a crappy Summer. I hope February is kinder to you. I know Feb is the best month for us, so it's not over for you yet!

My Mum arrives today! I can't wait
She should be here at about lunchtime so I'm spending the morning doing housework. Yay.
DH cleaned the outside of the house yesterday so that halves the window cleaning

We had a nice lunch out yesterday. It was only an hour and a half, but it was so nice not having a small child chanting "please? please?" and stealing things off my plate. And not having to make sure she stays in her seat. Or doesn't spill water all over the table....

*eta: Kate, how did Morgan go in the hammock?

Edited by MamaPickle

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 9:43am
LOL Charly, the small things make the biggest difference. It feels so weird when you can just sit down and eat a meal normally (and while it's hot!).

LB, I hope you either get some kind of answers soon or that everything just disappears as mysteriously as it all came.

I love that movie "we're men, menly men, we're men in tiiiiiights". DP thinks it's so stupid but I can't stop laughing at bits like when Little John is 'drowning' in the river
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:09am
Yay for you mum arriving soon charly!!!!!!

LB have you thought about maybe a more alternative approach like a naturopath or something incase it is just a giant protest and everything your poor body (and mind) has been through in the last 2 or more years? I only suggest it because it doesnt seem like the doctors are having much luck and adding more to the stress load.

DP is off to a mates stag party at the v8 racing down here and they are suppose to be staying out at the track tonight. Im under strict instructions if i get a pick me up text to go as fast as possible and keep an eye out for someone hiding in the bushes as he has a feeling he might have to escape from them if he wants to come home.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 2:56pm
yay for a nice day out Charly. It is so nice to have a peaceful meal once in a while (and not having to share ) Don't over do it with the cleaning though! I am sure your Mum is not there it inspect the windows and check for dust.

TA, that is funny about your DP - is he not keen to stay the night?

Freesia - I am not sure if I said earlier, but I love the cake. I bet Olivia had a wonderful time helping Mummy. I am also impressed that any lollies survived to make it onto the cake!!

Well we have had a*bus*y morning. Just after breakfast Sophie decided to head up stairs to get her tiger. After about 4 minutes there was a big shriek and lots of crying. The side of her cot was up and she had climbed onto the chair and then climbed over the side and fallen into her cot. She was really upset and not calming down and kept saying 'sore, sore, elbow sore'. DH and I had a quick discussion and decided that I should take her to ED just in case and he would stay with Amy. So it turns out that Sophie may have broken/fractured a part of her elbow but they are not sure - very difficult to tell on little children's x-rays apparently - so she is in cast from shoulder to fingers for the next 3 weeks .

She was so good the whole time we were there and only got upset when they had to turn her hand for x-rays and when they held it up to plaster it. Once that arm was immobilised in the plaster she seem to be fine and by the time we met DH and Amy at my parents she was almost her usual monkey self!! The staff were really nice and thank goodness it was Saturday morning and ED was just about empty. We arrived at 8am and left with the plaster done at 11.30am so that is pretty fast for any ED I think.

I also think that we are very luck that this is the first trip the emergency department in 3years, 7 months, 2 weeks and 6 days of parenting, however looking at Sophie, I don't think that this will be our last visit .

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 3:32pm
LOL TA. Do you think he actually will call?

JC, about 7 lollies made it into her mouth for every one that made it onto the cake I didn't want to make it a big fight so let her get away with it.

Oh no, poor Sophie. It definitely sounds like she injured it how she reacted until it was in plaster. Should it have healed in 3 weeks or will they double check with an xray then? That's good that it's not really bothering her.

Livvy was showing DP how she screams herself to sleep earlier and so when she got up, we just put her pillow out in the lounge on her little couch and she fell asleep there The first time she's ever fallen asleep anywhere except a bed. It only lasted about 30 mins but we were quite shocked. She only got about 6 hrs sleep in total last night, the dummy is cut down to a point where she's really struggling to keep it in her mouth and I think it's really upsetting her ... that and the blimmin heat here!
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 7:41pm
Poor Sophie! It's great that they can now tell you what's wrong though.

Freesia, I'm still waiting for my 2 to fall asleep anywhere other their beds / bedroom floor.
Having said that we are back to 'normal' for sleeps. The novelty of being able to escape their beds has finally worn off
That and velcroing blockout material to the window to maximise darkness

Despite the horrible horrible weather (merino, fleece jumpers and heaters are back out) here today we had an awesome one. Swimming with the girls, first time using arm bands / floaties/ whatever they're called here, and it was so cool. Eimear managed to keep herself afloat in the deep part and all. Then we had our usual post swimming lunch (bacon, eggs, beans, toast) and everyone went to bed for naps. 3 hours from the girls & Daddy and 2 hours for me.

Oh and Aoifes Secret Baby present arrived in the post today. Sneaky sneaky just a mobile number was on the back Will wait until their birthday to open it.
I won't be posting mine until next week as one of them is on 'special order'
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 8:09pm
Poor Sophie - how random that she could do that just by falling into her cot

Tishy wow someone is very organised. I've narrowed down what I'm getting to 1 of 2 things. I *think* I know what it will be but I keep second guessing myself.

We went out to a birthday BBQ today and now I'm feeling a bit glum because it made both kids feral. Rowan had a great time but she only had a 30 minute nap under her belt so she's been tantruming all evening (thankfully we got her to bed at 7).

I fed Morgan before we left and she was just dropping off to sleep as we got there so moving her out of the car woke her up. We couldn't get her to sleep again for more than 20 minutes while we were there. I gave her the next feed and then we went home. She didn't sleep in the car and we got about an hour out of her when we got inside.

So of course the last feed was a disaster. She did 8minutes and then started screaming because she was hungry but too tired to feed. We ended up having to give her a formula top up while I pumped to make up for it.

To top it off I forgot to take my lunchtime meds (for milk supply) so I spent the afternoon stressing until I got home.

So now I'm wondering when we can ever get out of the house when Morgan won't sleep in the car or pram and Rowan sleeps so much of the day

Argh sorry it's such a stupid vent but I'd love to have a bit of downtime with friends. Anyway off to my mum's tomorrow night for a birthday tea and I've got CG on Monday because I volunteered my place forgetting it was my birthday. Doh!

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 9:11pm
Aww Kate, maybe they will all bring you a pressie to make up for your doh moment.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:22pm
Bobbie, let it slip to them and they might bring you some goodies Morgan's sleeping could've just been a bad timing thing today, tomorrow and other times it could work in perfectly so don't stop trying. Funny I just can't picture Rowan having a tantrum at all.

We are having some real problems getting Livvy to sleep. I don't know if it's a dummy thing (we're cutting the end off), a behavioural thing or what. She didn't fall asleep this evening until 9.30pm despite only sleeping for 6 hrs last night. It is really wearing us down and we're both so knackered. The constant putting her back to bed is so ARGGHHHHH!!!!! By the time she falls asleep, I'm actually ready for bed too so I feel like I've got no down time.

OMG Tishy, I can't believe you guys are needing to break out all the warm clothes and heaters We are absolutely roasting. I am having to drink so much water because I just can't stop sweating
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 929930931932933 1037>