FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 930931932933934 1037>
Author
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:54pm
Freesia I wouldn't think it's a dummy thing because Rowan's doing it too. Some nights we're putting her to bed for up to an hour. We're starting to run out of ways to keep her in there too. The current one is the toys go and sleep in our room because they're tired and she won't sleep (she sleeps with about 4 soft toys).

ETA: Today was our anniversary - 11 years

Edited by Bobbie

Sponsored Links

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 6:27am
Morning

Happy Anniversary for yesterday Bobbie

Jaycee, poor Sophie! I hope she's not too uncomfortable in the cast. On the bright side, it's not hot, so she won't be sweaty and itchy

Tishy, where did you get your floaties from? I've been hunting high and low for some for Hannah but i can't find them.
Love the nap after a big morning of swimming (and yummy brekkie!).

I'm with Freesia, Bobbie. Don't give up on taking the girls out. It'll just take a while to get into the swing of things (says the girl with one child!). But YKWIM

We're having sleep issues here, too. Daytime naps are being pushed out later and later, but she's SO tired. By the time she actually goes to sleep she's so cranky and worn out that it's impossible to wake her up again so she doesn't sleep through dinner
Night time is about 9pm, too.
We're lucky that Hannah's such a shrimp and can't reach her doorhandles. We just leave her to it and deal with the carnage that is her bedroom once she's asleep.
I put it down to her routine being seriously disrupted with Daddy being home for the last 4 weeks.
Mum's here (YAY! ) and she's running "Grandma Boot Camp" Hannah will be back in routine this week and Phoebe will lose weight!

I hpoe the CG girls help you clean up afterwards tomorrow, Bobbie.
Enjoy your dinner at your Mum's tonight

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 6:44am
Charly, can we drop off our girls to your mum's boot camp as well I thought it might've been being away that's made Livvy's sleep so bad but we seem to be getting worse.

Livvy's taking an hour every night too. Last night she woke just after midnight (some f'n yahoo's partying outside up the road freaked her out) and I'm so tired I just told DP to put her in with us. Luckily she actually did sleep pretty quickly after that and although sleep was broken and very uncomfortable, we didn't have to fight with her all night. DP wasn't happy about it but neither of us was in the right mental state to deal with her crying and getting up and down for a few hours again. We're probably making the situation worse by putting her in with us but it was either that or really lose it at her.

Happy Anniversary for yesterday Bobbie
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:24am
We're having sleep issues here too. His daytime sleeps are getting later, and yeah doesn't go to bed til about 9pm, sometimes later. So glad it's not just us! I'm thinking it's either an age thing, where they still need their daytime sleep but they're not tired at 'normal' bedtime, or cos of the heat and light (or a combination of those things). Harry also comes into us in the middle of the night and I don't have the energy to put him back into bed. He just snuggles down and goes back to sleep immediately though. But I don't know how that's gonna work once baby's here.

Last night I started putting Harry to bed at 7.30pm and he was still awake at 9.30pm. He just wasn't tired, you can't make a not tired kid sleep huh!!

Bobbie that sounds so stressful with Miss M not sleeping and Rowan breaking out the tantrums. You are doing an amazing job. I agree, keep trying cos they were probably just having an off day. Hope you have a lovely bday dinner tonight!

Today it's been 30 something years since DH's sister died. She was only 17 days old, and had a genetic disorder. DH was born a year later, though managed to get through his dad having the snip. The stuff MIL went through when her daughter was born and died was so awful, and is so much more real now I have kids. She was barely allowed to see her daughter, and everyone was planning her funeral when she was still alive Her baby didn't even have a headstone til a few years ago when they had a big unveiling. We always go to visit "Aunty Karen" when we head down to DH's family, and at Christmas Harry put flowers on and was ever so tender, I had tears in my eyes that's for sure.
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:37am
Oh Liz thats awful, I can only imagine how horrid that must be to be trying to treasure every last second with your child and yet people around you are planning her funeral!

Sleep isnt too bad in this house .. she goes down at 7.30-8.00, after her story if she is playing up a bit and wants another story, we tell her she can sit up in bed and look at her books but Mummy and Daddy are going. Sometimes she is great and sometimes she protests, either way she goes to sleep (her door is shut).
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 8:55am
lurker I think it is probably the heat and the light making your little ones not want to go to sleep, there were some Mums at the playgroyp I go to with the children i look after, and they were having same problems with their children and a couple of them were 4 year olds
susie
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 9:02am
EThan has sleep issues too..either not going to sleep or waking randomly in the middle of the night and only wanting dad..i wont do:( he used to do it sometimes with teeth but its not that.. he always has daytime sleep 11 or 12 ish and then night time by 630 and hes knackered so its not that.. oh well hopfully we get it sorted soon..

hugs about sophie!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 9:19am
I'm so glad it's not just us with the sleep problems.

Gosh Liz, that must've been so awful for your MIL.
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:20am
Well DP stayed out there the night. My dad was out there as welll and mum had strict instructions to pick him up last night when the racing finished but he rung saying he was thinking he would stay out there as well cos his mate in the tent next to them said he could hahaha my dads a funny drunk. DP however was incoherent when dad rung so i didnt answer the phone when he rung back later. He was happy to stay out there it was more the next day if he was too tired to stay for the rest of the racing that i might get the call to come get him from the bushes.

Josh has always been a problem to get to sleep i can be after 10 before he goes down but he sleeps really well most afternoons. If i cant get him to sleep i close the door on him and he screams and crys then plays with his toys and falls asleep on the floor or climbs back into bed but at night he mostly just screams and crys cos it dark and mostly i give in and go in too soon. I might get the kiddie gate from mums and use that for night time so he can still get the light from the hall.

Aaarrrggghhh Josh has started taking the tops off his drink bottles and tipping his drink down the sink im sooo sick of it cos i will make up a drink for him to take out he will have a sip then tip it when im not watching that and if i dont let him open his own yogurt or tip it into a bowl it gets biffed on the floor. I lost the plot when he did it this morning i wish i could have rubbed his nose in it or something but instead ive told him daddy is going to eat all his yogurts and he wont get them again although i doubt he understands.

Poor Sophie i cant believe josh hasnt broken anything with all the falls he has had.

Thats so sad Liz i know what you mean about this sorts of things getting to you more once you have kids of your own.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:26am
Oh no JC, poor Sophie! (and her poor Mummy) Hope she handles the cast okay and it doesn't get in the way TOO much.

Liz, that's awful about your MIL. Sweet about Harry though. Gosh it makes it so much more real when you have kids of your own, huh.

Lol at Boot Camp, Charly! Sounds like a plan

Chloe has been okay with sleeps lately *yay!* She usually has a nap about 1pm, after lunch, and then goes down to bed at 7pm every night. She will usually sing and talk to herself for awhile sometimes until 8-8.30ish, which sort of annoys poor Ollie at times when he is overtired. Thank goodness she is still in her cot so we don't have to deal with her getting up and down.

My Mum keeps pestering me about starting to toilet train Chloe. I don't even know where to begin, really, and I'm not even sure she's ready.

DH has carted both kidlets off to Church on his own - what a super-dad. He let me sleep this morning and when I woke up I just heard them all leaving.

My chest and spinal xrays are on Thursday afternoon.

Man I really have to get onto sorting the study out, before Midwifery starts on the 1st Feb. I'm still hoping that whatever is wrong with me will go away and I'll be able to do it.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:30am
Josh sounds like such a wee handful! Gosh, after watching my neighbors boy racing around our yard causing havoc last night, I was kind of dreading Ollie turning into a toddler Boys look like a lot of work compared with girls. Lol. Hope your DP is in better shape this morning, WRX.

Chloe hasn't worked out how to take the tops off drink bottles yet, thank goodness.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:46am
Janey I wouldn't TT Chloe if you don't think she's ready. Our mum's generation went by age rather than readiness signs I think and you really don't want to be dealing with multitudes of accidents on top of everything else right now.

Liz that's such a sad story

TA I know what you mean about wanting to rub their noses in it and them not understanding consequences. The silly one that drives me bananas at the moment is that Rowan constantly takes her shoes off in the car so whenever you get anywhere it takes that much longer to get her out because you have to put them back on again first.

I told her the other day that if she took them off again we wouldn't be able to get out of the car and go shopping. She still did it though

DH has taken Rowan to get the pram tyre fixed. Well it has a puncture so I'm hoping they may do it for him but only because I'm lazy. Otherwise he'll come home with the repair kit and that will be my job tonight.

DH will be glad to hear about the late bedtimes too because he asked people at his work the other day 'how do you get #1 to bed on time when you have #2?' and instead of giving him some advice they gave him a bollocking for Rowan going to bed at 9pm. Of course he didn't tell them that she often sleeps from 11 - 2 in the daytime.

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 10:57am
That's not helpful giving him a bollocking about the bedtime! Grrr. Maybe they are starting to get into that annoying transition phase of needing less sleep during the day, but not quite ready to drop a nap yet? IYKWIM.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 11:18am
Just loitering in here:

We are also having mega sleep problems. The other night it was 11.30pm before he finally went to sleep and he has an ealy morning sleep at 10.30am so should be tired by night and its def not the heat and light as its bloody cold here! I must say that we put him to bed at his bedtime which is between 6.30 and 7.30pm and just shut the door and leave him to it. There are no toys in his room just books so he sometimes reads himself to sleep.

JC, sucky on the cast. We had Mac in a cast for about 3 weeks but it was his leg. They adapt so quickly really. i dosed him up on arnica and we managed to not have to have 6 weeks in cast.

Right, back to feeling sorry for myself on the couch...one too many wines last night and no husband to help today are not a good combo.

Also, have any of your little ones hit the "why" stage yet. mac woke up on Wed and started answering everything with "why?". i thought this didn't happen until later and any tips on how to handle it!

Bobbi, def keep going out! Frano is def not as easy to take out as Mac was he is super sensitive to noise etc but we are starting to get there.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 12:09pm
LOL TA, we rubbed out dogs noses in it if they wee'd inside and they learnt super quick not to do it. If only kids were that easy to train

LB, I agree with Bobbie, wait until you're both ready. That's kind of the last thing you need to be stressing about at the moment.

Bobbie, nice and helpful of DH's workmates There is no way Livvy will go down before 9pm lately. One day she even missed her day nap and I was thinking that I'd be able to get her down at 7.30pm or so but nope, still 9pm.

Sorry Peanut, Livvy's not asking why yet so can't help you there. Relatives children seem to start doing it at about 2.5 years though so maybe that's the norm. Not looking forward to that stage.
lottieandharry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lottieandharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2010 at 12:29pm
Peanut, Harry asks why all the time now too. Very annoying, he has just copied Charlotte and also says "why cos?" which is what she was saying.
I answer once if it is appropriate then when he asks again I say "what did mummy just tell you?" then just move on and distract him with something else. You could spend all day answering why otherwise!!

Hi everyone!!! Still lurk around a bit.

Hope your sleep issues sort themselves out soon. Being pregnant or having a baby and then having a toddler that won't sleep is so draining. We have a handle cover thing on the inside off Harrys door so he can't open it. He cried hardout the first morning ( he was waking really early) now he is fine and waking between 6.15 and 7am. He goes to bed at 7pm without a peep and sleeps 2 hours in the day so thats all good. In saying that I know how quickly things change so we may not be this lucky for that long!!

Happy Birthday to all the wee ones who have turned 2 and to those who are still too.

Congrats on all the pregnancies as well. Very exciting times. My sister is due with her 2nd child on 28 July so we are very excited around here too.

Jane, I wouldn't push the TT thing if you don't feel Chloe is ready. You have so much going on as it is, you don't need anything else stressful happening.

See ya
Katie

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 8:02am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBIE!

Hope you have a good one and the girls are good for you today! At least cg might tire Rowan out.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:18am
Happy Birthday Bobbie - I hope you have a lovely day. I am sure that having cg at yours will be good, Rowan will have a play, you can have a chat with some grown ups and bugger the mess .

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:29am
Happy birthday Bobbie!!!!!! Hope you have a great day.
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:39am
Livvy threw her dummy into the rubbish yesterday so last night was our first dummy free night and it went great. Although there was some serious screaming at the start, she fell asleep after 30 min (as opposed to her usual 1hr) and she only woke once during the night. A quick drink of water and she went straight back to sleep no fuss. We even got our bed to ourselves all night! The night was a lot cooler than usual though so that probably helped her a bit too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 930931932933934 1037>