FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 931932933934935 1037>
Author
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:59am
*likes* Go Livvy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBIE!

eep, family just arrived, back later

Sponsored Links

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:04am
Yay I am so stoked about your great night Freesia!! Go Livvy

Have a lovely time with your family Charly

And Bobbie yep, have an awesome birthday!! Enjoy the adult company of coffee group

DH comes home tonight at midnight, yippee!!!!!!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:32am
YAY for Liwys good sleep

YAY for DH being home tonight Liz!!!!!
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:16am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBIE!!

Yay for Livvy's sleep...  Its amazing how rejuvenated you feel after they have a good sleep.

Poor little Sophie.

And yay to DH returnign tonight Liz!!

Daniel is still a pretty good sleeper, BUT he has started dropping his days sleeps.  He will go two to three days without a day sleep then he will have one.  The days he doesn't sleep he goes to bed really easily the day he has a day sleep hes a horror.  He goes to bed around 7.00 if he is being an absolute nightmare (waking Ashlee - he climbs into the cot with her) then he comes out but my cut off is 8.00pm and only so I get to chill out without them for a little while before going to bed myself. After Xmas when DH's folks left Daniel was terrible...  his folks had slept in our room and it had really confused Daniel.  So to get them back to normal we shut both of them in their room (Ashlee's routine had been ruined too) and tied the door nob to another door so it wouldn't open.  They both cried and cried  for over 1/2 an hour DH is stronger than me so sent me out of the house I was so uptight but since that night they have been great.

I'm a bit shell shocked having two toddlers :) Ashlee is walking more and more and she is a climber!!  she climbs up on our coffee table and on to the dining room chairs anywhere she can get too.  She will even move books or their little couch to help her up.  She is into everything a lot quicker than what Daniel was.  Her vocab is also starting.....  she says Dadule - Daniel and bye bye, mum and Dad and bottle. 

I sooo much want one more bub now too.  DH said he doesn't have the patience for another baby, which I know is true coz he is terrible with Ashlee but I can't get it out of my head.  We had decided I would go in for the op coz he really doesn't want the snip but I'm putting it off.  Wanting another bub and knowing i could is one thingut not sure how my head would cope knowing I never could.  IYKWIM. 

Have a great day Bobbie I hope the girls are good for you!

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:46am
If you're even slightly unsure Verena I think you should leave it. It maybe best to not cut off that opportunity when there are other means available of preventing pregnancy. Who knows, after another year or so DH might even change his mind.

It's stink how easily the kids routines can be thrown out. That's probably half our problem (or the start of it at least).

OMG, I can't imagine having 2 kids under 2 who are both walking/climbing, etc. What a mission!

You're right, I do feel so rejuvenated today. Livvy and I have been having a good play today and I've even done washing and tidied up a bit.

Liz, yay for DH coming home tonight! What a hard time for you all for him to be away.
SuperDaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Freesia Freesia wrote:

Who knows, after another year or so DH might even change his mind.

hahaha if he is anything like me he won't it doesn't help calling it "having the snip" *shudders at the thought*

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:17pm
Thanks girls,
CG was good but 6 kids going nuts was doing my head in. I'm still finding it hard to cope in those situations. Had a good natter to the girls but a lot of them are now TTC and having a bit of trouble which makes me feel like I can't really join in to the convo too much IYKWIM.

Yay Freesia for the dummy free night! Good job Livvy

Verena I agree better to wait a bit before you do something drastic if you're feeling that way.

OK better go tidy BBL

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:15pm
I hope that the kids play along instead then Bobbie and let you take it easy today (I know, I know, I scoff at myself as I write it but I still hope for it ). So do you have anything planned or was that what the dinner was for yesterday? And did ya get anything???
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:22pm
Yep dinner at my mum's was my birthday tea. We had mini pavs with cream and strawberries for desert which has been my favourite since I was a kid (always used to get a pav birthday cake).

I got movie money, Westside story on DVD, Westfield vouchers and $$ from mum to buy a vege garden and the soil.

But right now I have the bestest gift of all - two sleeping children

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:40pm
Awww, I was really hoping they'd play along today of all days The vege garden $$ is a really neat gift.

OMG, now I HAVE to have a pavlova! Not a shop one but one like mum makes.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:41pm
Yay, sounds like you got some good stuff for your birthday, and had a nice day overall, Bobbie! (especially both children sleeping at once, haha).

Gosh V, you are a champ! If you are unsure about more babies then I wouldn't get an op yet, it's so final.

Yay for Livvy's dummy-free night! Hope that the good sleeps continue How did you get her to throw her dummy out, Amber?

You must be so excited about having DH come home tonight, Liz

Our house is such a sty at the moment. DH organised daycare today and I slept until 12pm, but I still feel like a wreck! Argh. And still feverish of course. I almost can't be bothered checking my temperature anymore but I'm meant to record one each day. Anyway, I had plans to organise the house today but I don't even feel like moving. DH suggested that I go to the gardens or something and read a book, that sounds lovely... but not sure if I can make myself do it without feeling guilty that the house is just about not worth living in, atm. IYKWIM.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:46pm

oh yay Bobbie, they must know - good girls...

SD :) yep he will be just like you...  and as for 'the snip' one of the reasons he isn't having it is because i too don't like the thought of it.  :) and.... in another year or so i'll be 40  I know the celebs are making it trendy to have kiddies in your 40's but I'll be bypassing that trend.  But yeh I think for now the girlie procedure can go on hold just until I accept the idea.

Janey re tt'ing....  I was chatting to my mum about it yesterday coz Daniel randomly sits on the potty but doesn't do anything and I asked her about tt'ing us.  She said an interesting thing....  We were all in cloth nappies so she thinks tt'ing was often earlier coz kids could feel the wetness where as these day with sposies and even the new cloth nappies kids don't notice the wetness as much.   So I'm going with that. 

Awwww - daniel is currently helping Ashlee walk he is behind her holding her around the waist...  now if i go to get the camera it will stop.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:51pm
Verena I've heard that theory before too. I'm actually thinking of putting Rowan back into cloth to see if it makes a difference (assuming she doesn't get rashy again)

Janey I'd do what ever your body is telling you to do. So if your body doesn't want you to be moving I wouldn't be trying to clean the house (although I know how annoying it is being around clutter and mess)

Edited by Bobbie

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:54pm
Verena - my Mum has the same theory and I agree with her. They just don't notice in sposies and MCNs are so efficent that they are just as *bad* as keeping them from feeling wet.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 2:10pm
We're trying to get back onto the cloth naps too (went with sposies totally while away) but DP changed one pooey one and refuses to put anymore on her I'll bring up the tting thing again and maybe he'll be more inclined to make an effort. Livvy is loving them when they're on because they're fuzzy and all different colours.

Janey, sit down and don't even think about tidying the house! Just take a day to yourself please, I'm sure your body is just aching for it. The mess will still be there tomorrow.

Verena, I don't hink you should worry about the age factor. They way you carry and give birth, you're a born baby maker! I must be mean because I'd prefer DP to get the snip rather than me because it's such a simple op for them. Different story if I have to have more c-sects. DP did say way back that he'd do it but is sounding more reluctant as the time approaches
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 2:16pm
re the snip etc....I'm getting tubes done at same time as we know several snips that have failed and Dh getting snip in a few months...but we are both 100% sure we are done.. if there is any doubt I wouldn't

....happy birthday bobbie)!
Mum to two amazing boys!
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Freesia Freesia wrote:

The mess will still be there tomorrow.

That's the trouble I can't believe it is after 2pm already, today has just gone down the drain for me.

The kidlets are already in cloth nappes with flushable liners, I would have thought that feeling the wet liner would be even worse than just an old flat? Anyway last night I got Chloe to sit on the toilet for about 5 seconds in return for a fruit nugget, lol. I guess that's progress - good ol' bribery She didn't do anything, but it's the first time she's been brave enough to sit on the toilet! We went and had a bath just after that, and she stood up and peed in the bath! I just calmly told her that she was meant to do the wees in the toilet, not the bath. Lol *shrug* I really have no idea how to go about TT. I thought maybe we would start off just sitting her on the toilet before her bath, someone else was doing that - was it you, Freesia, with Livvy?

Well I might take DH's advice and go to the gardens or something, it's a really nice day. Out one window, anyway, haha.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 3:10pm
So you guys are going to make doubley sure KA.

LB, yep, we do that with Livvy but just with the potty. It did take ages for her to click about the actual weeing though. We started off by putting her on and counting to 10 and she had to wait there. The odd time she'd dribble out a little wee while waiting and with a whole lot of cheering and "woo hoo"ing she started thinking it's really neat and now seems to hold on to some wees when she knows it's coming. We've just got to push it out to a few more times within the day now. She won't tell us if she needs to go at all though so hopefully if I can get her on there more regularly she'll get the idea.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 3:43pm
Janey, we started with a sticker chart, so every day (starting with 20secs) we got Jack to sit on the toilet for 10 more seconds until he reached 2 mins (apparently you shouldn't keep kids on there longer unless they want to). Then we moved to undies full time and the change in him has been huge. I have read a lot about it and a lot of different people said about kids needing to feel the pee running down their legs etc (esp boys as girls feel it easier) so they need to be out of nappies to start. Jack hasn't gone on the toilet once (well, 1 fart and a wee dribble!) but always tells us when he needs to go. He just has a wee fear of doing something on the toilet for some reason, so that's our next goal (make the toilet fun).

Am off to the doctor soon as have a huge lump inside my eye but both kids came home from DC and crashed out! Typical.

Jane - rest!
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 4:37pm
LB - See if you can get the Gina Ford book from the library gina ford book It will give you some ideas in where/how to start.

It is sort of what we have done with Sophie. So far so good. She is still having a couple of accidents but it is usually because we are too slow in getting to her. Since Monday last week the only time she has been in a nappy (apart from bedtime) was when I took her to the hospital.

The doing wees in the undies feeling really seemed to work for her understanding it.

I was going to put the TT on the backburner whilst she was in the cast so when we got her up from her nap on Saturday (the day she did her arm) I put her in a MCN. After 5 minutes she started yelling to go on the potty and did a wee straight away . So after that I just couldn't go back to nappies!

and LB - as the others have said REST woman!! Leave the mess, Ollie and Chloe won't mind

Edited by jaycee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 931932933934935 1037>